“Location location location”

Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
glasgow
“Location location location”
Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

First of all brilliant location,
Literally stepped off the shuttle at the north terminal took the lift to ground level crossed the road and that was us there.
Too good to be true.
Walked into hotel took the lift to reception and used the touch screen check in service so fast and efficient.
Got to our room warm clean and comfortable tea/coffee facilities and a family room at £19 you can't really complain.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Thank you for you review on your stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be in brilliant location to the airport.

Its also great to hear you found check in fast and efficient and the room clean, comfortable and a great price.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North terminal soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,278)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2012

This is a brand new hotel with an extremely comfortable walking distance from the London Gatwick airport ,just opposite the North Terminal.

The only thing that was really disappointing is the reception service that should have been tested better.

There are actually 6 available touchscreen machines to check in at the reception but when I came the hotel just 4 out of 6 were working properly.
Many customers had to queue for the available receptionist because the machines could not recognize the reference booking number or because the machines could not eject the electronic key at the end of the process to check in .

There was only one receptionist available when I arrived , and many people had to queue to check in .
Myself had to wait more than 1 hour to check in because the system could not find my reference booking number although my booking went back to two days earlier.

This system is certainly cheaper but it is not very reliable,not yet at least.
They should have tested it more times and more thoroughly.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport Premier Inn.

I am pleased you found the hotel to be in a good location, and comfortable walking distance to the airport.

I am however sorry to hear of the problem you experienced at check in. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for your wait. As you mentioned we are a new site and natuarally will experience some teething problems. However I do apologise that on this occasion it effected your stay.

I would like to thank you for your honest feedback, it is only through direct guest feedback that we can continue to improve. I hope we can welcome you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North in the future.
Isle of Man
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Stayed here after returning from holiday in mid December 2012. Was very impressed. Hotel very new and it all the facilities you would expect. Quietest airport hotel I have ever stayed in. Stayed on the bed, breakfast and evening meal tariff. Very good value, and food very good. Little slow bringing our main courses, and had to chase them, but waiter very apologetic and gave us complementary drink. Great night sleep, helpful staff and fab location. Definitely recommend and will return.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your 5 star review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North.

I am delighted you had an excellent stay with us and found the hotel to have all of the facilities you would expect. Its great to hear this hotel is the quietest airport hotel you have stayed in considering our close proximity to the airport.

I am sorry to hear of the wait in the restaurant but am pleased that the waiter was apologetic and compensated you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed here for one night to take an early morning flight from Gatwick North Terminal. The hotel is located very close to the Terminal. Take the escalator across the road and you arrive into North Terminal departures area.

We were Welcomed at the entrance by a friendly member of staff and were asked to proceed to the reception on level 0 using the lift. Once at the reception we were guided to use the self check in machine with a detailed information about F&B services at the hotel.

The room was very clean with a nice double bed , spacious for an overnight stay and a good power shower.

We had dinner at Thyme restaurant in the hotel. The restaurant is nicely decorated. Food portions were of good size, it was tasty and good value for money. Esp the 2course deal. The staff in the restaurant were not very attentive but I guess its a brand new place and they will improve with more training.

For people who wish to take the breakfast go in for the 3course meal and its excellent value for money. Hotel has a 24hrs Costa Coffee shop (not the vending machine).

On check in we were informed about the good night sleep promise. Which worked well.

This hotel is a very good choice for someone who wants quality accomodation at reasonable price on Gatwick North Terminal. I would be pleased to stay here again.

Room Tip: When in the restaurant go in for the 2course meal or 3course meal if you want the breakfast too. Bot...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be in good proximity of the airport. And enjoyed the good nights sleep that we promise at Premier Inn.

I am also pleased to hear that you found the room to be clean and comfortable with a good shower.

I am sorry to hear you found the restaurant staff to be inattentive and would like to offer my apologies. Your feedback is very valuable to us and it is only through your feedback that we can continue to improve. I was however very happy to hear that you enjoyed dinner and breakfast in our Thyme restaurant and found the meal deal to be of great value.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.
london
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Freezing fog was forecast overnight for Gatwick and our flight was early morning. Didn't want to risk a middle of the night drive from London in thick fog, so set off much earlier than planned and arrived here just after midnight. Decided to stay here because of the very positive reviews on Tripadvisor, and the affordable price. It's around £5 cheaper to book online, and at £48 was very good value. The hotel is brand new, open just 3 weeks, still smells of new carpet. The staff are very welcoming and helpful, and there is a drop off bay just outside. I'd pre-booked the long term car park at Gatwick for a 5am arrival - but discovered I could drive in at around 12.30 without any problem - number plate recognised by the system. Got the shuttle bus to the North terminal which is literally opposite the hotel (walk under the short stay car park).

The hotel seemed very well sound insulated - didn't hear any aircraft noise. We discovered there was no soap in the dispenser over the bath, and after a call to reception a maintenance man arrived with fresh supplies 10 minutes later - even though it was 12.45 am - service which far exceeded our expectation.

It was bliss to get up in the morning and walk straight to departures in under 5 minutes. Would definitely stay here again if necessary. Highly recommended.

A parking tip - I pre-booked the official long term car park at Gatwick a month earlier to get a discount. 2 days before check in I found the price for 11 days had dropped by almost £10. Gatwick allow amendments to reservations free of charge. By amending the reservation - making car park entry just 1 hour earlier, I discovered I would get a refund of the difference in price direct to my card.

Room Tip: Higher floors are usually considered quieter, and that was what staff here recommended.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review on your stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

Its great to hear you decided to stay with us after reading such good comments on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted you enjoyed a quiet nights stay with us, finding us to be in great proximity of the airport and very good value for money.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Very impressed with this very new Premier Inn, a steal at £19 for the night, booked online.

This hotel is perfectly located for Gatwick being one minute walk from the north terminal and you can easily get to the terminal from the south terminal by the shuttle train which takes just a couple of minutes.

The hotel's only a few weeks old and I think I was the first person to use my room. Being a new hotel the staff were eager to please and the Costa coffee concession was roomy and the restaurant was spacious also. The hotel was very quiet on my stay and I wonder if most people still don't know about it yet (which suits me fine!).

The only fault I could find was that the wi-fi was weak but maybe that's a teething problem.

I'll certainly be back here again. This is the only Gatwick airport worth considering for me.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and our £19 sale rate to be a great price.

Its great to hear you found the hotel to be in great proximity of the airport and consider it to be the only Gatwick hotel you will now stay at.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Travelling for work, I spent one night here and highly recommend this new build hotel. The building is less than a minute walk from the North terminal and reception staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is spotlessly clean, and my room was well equipped and immaculately presented. I was pleased to see a full bath in my bathroom, a nice change from stand alone showers and was much needed after a long flight. Although the building is new, there were housekeeping staff active and the common parts and restaurant were equally impressive.
The service was great, and the food was well priced and offered with great service from the hotel staff in the spacious and welcoming restaurant and bar.
My room faced the terminal and car park, so I did experience some background noise, but this is a small trade off for the location and this is an on site hotel after all.
I was skeptical about the "good night guarantee", heavily promoted at check in, however my stay was comfortable and I had a good nights sleep.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel, and for anyone with reservations about staying in the North terminal, the monorail from south terminal takes less than 2 minutes and is really easy to find.
Cheap, spotless and comfortable, well done Premier Inn for doing what you do so well, will definitely book again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank K G
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 29 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review on the Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport.

I am pleased to see that you found the reception team friendly and helpful, the room spotlessly clean and well equipped and immaculately presented. Also that you found our restaurant and bar welcoming and the food well priced and offered with great service from the restaurant and bar team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Kind Regards,