“Night away to try the new premier inn”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Night away to try the new premier inn”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Stayed here on the 28th for one night.
found everything to be great, 24 hr costa coffee was a bit slow but, staff still in training,
breakfast was amazing the lady who helped us out, was extremely nice,

the room, was a bit small, but cosy, any slight niggle was the mono rail running 24 7 out side room.

reception staff was all great, and so was house keeping when needed extra towels.

will stay here again when we go traveling.

also be aware not to leave your car outside main doors, remember this is an airport and you will get towed

Room Tip: avoid rooms down low by mono rail
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2014
Thank you for taking time to post a review of your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I would firstly like to apologise for the time response on posting a reply to your review. We have only just found that a few replies we have posted were rejected from the system and have only just been informed. We are going through every rejected review from beginning to end. Even though your stay with us was couple of years ago I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am glad the staff was extremely nice and breakfast was amazing. Staff at this time were still in training and apologies if it caused any inconvenience during your stay. I am happy you found your room cosy but apologies for the monorail. We do not allocate rooms on the monorail side when we can. I am delighted that you would stay with us again when travelling

I look forward to welcoming you back with us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,300)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Stayed here for two nights, 18th & 26th December and must say the hotel was spotless and staff very helpful and friendly, also ate dinner both nights and breakfast one morning which was excellent and really good value if you op for the meal deal. Only had one complaint and that was on the night of the 26th we were in a room next to the monorail which operates between Gatwick North & South terminals and the noise of it arriving and departing every 10 mins could be heard in our room (238) on checkout the recptionist asked if all was ok and I mentioned that we had been disturbed by the monorail and did not really have a good nights sleep, she then very kindly offered to refund our money under their good night scheme which I must say was a lovely gesture and on arrival home I had an email confirming the refund back on to my credit card. Thank you Premier we were very impressed with your service. Staying here again in February and have already requested a room on the other side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Saty on side away from Monorail.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tom W
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 29 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a very Kind review on the Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport.

I am pleased to see that you found that the hotel was spotless, the team very helpful and friendly, and dinner and breakfast excellent and really good value if you chose the meal deal.

Please accept my apologies for the lack of sleep you received due to the mono rail. We promote our goodnight guarantee as we believe if you are not 100% satisfied with your stay then we have not done enough for you. I am glad you have received you refund for your stay with us.

Please ensure when you stay with us next time if you are not happy with your room then let the reception team know who will be only too happy to help rectify this for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in future.

LONDON
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Stayed here on our return from Amsterdam and it had just opened. A top class hotel at a quality value price. The staff were excellent, went out of their way to make sure the stay was memorable. The service was excellent. The rooms usual Premier Inn high standard of comfort. Perfect Location. Will gladly stay again and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Theboyz L
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on the Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport.

I am pleased to see that you found the team here to be excellent and that they went out of their way to make you stay more memorable.

We aim to offered the same high standards at every Premier Inn and are glad you feel we did this for your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Marbella
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Stayed a night at this hotel prior to flying, It is very conveniently located, as good as the sofitel or hilton although it is not signposted as well. It was efficient, clean and beyond what you would expect from a budget hotel. It is a new hotel, so I hope it will remain this way in the long term. The 24hour costa is also a great plus for those travelling at all hours. Not to mention the very attractive price over the competition (Sofitel, Hilton & Yotel)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bjm20
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on the Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport.

I am pleased to see that you found the location of our hotel very convenient for your flight and that you found our hotel to be efficient, clean and beyond what you would expect from a budget hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Many Thanks,

LU
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Reception was humid and hot, made me a bit comfortable. Check in desks were only manned on one side with a horrendous queue so we decided to use the automated machines ourselves, Which was annoying because there was a technical fault and it didn't release a key for one of our 3 rooms. We had to queue up and wait for someone to help. I was disappointed in staff at check in not attending to us as fast as I would have liked them to, especially seeing as there were about 5 of them... My family were impressed by the hotels restaurant and staff in there. The rooms were quiet but you could hear people in the corridoors if they were shouting, which some of my family members did (in the middle of the night) lol sorry! WE booked 3 rooms for 1 night, for a stayover until our flight the next day. Rooms were cosy, bathrooms were clean, bedding was luxurious but pillows were a bit thin for me. It cost me only £19 per room as well so I can't really complain lol

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a Kind review on the Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport.

I am very pleased to see you found the rooms quiet, cosy, the bathrooms clean and the bedding luxurious.

We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Many thanks,

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2012

We saw this hotel outside the North terminal inOctober when we were away and decided to stay here on the 20th December overnight prior to flying out for Christmas and what a fantastic hotel, location and value for money this place was!

The hotel has only been open 1 month so there were a few teething problems such as:- we booked 2 rooms and the automated checkin just allocates random rooms, we then needed to make changes to get adjacent or near rooms on the same floor. The bar ran out of gas and no one seemed to know what to do? a bit of a problem if you have booked the meal deal and want a pint with it, a minor glitch but seemed to take an age to rectify. The 30 min wifi didn't pick up a very strong signal so just kept buffering, I wish I hadn't bothered actually. Also trying to find this hotel on the website and TA is a nightmare as there are two others at Gatwick which take priority.

Apart from a few minor issues, the positives are the hotel is big, modern and the location was outstanding - you fall out of the hotel into check in!

We paid £44 per room and upgraded for the meal deal and breakfast at £22 each and the food was great, really tasty and superb value for money.

We will definitely be booking this hotel again when we go away in February, a brilliant start to any holiday!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PeteNook333
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on the Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport.

I am pleased to see that you found the location of world’s largest Premier Inn to be outstanding. We do find that being just outside the north terminal to be a great benefit to have when travelling. Also that you found our ultimate meal deal to be great and superb value for money.

Please accept my apologise for the few teething problems you incurred during your stay we are doing our utmost to ensure these problems do not occur any more.

We look forward to welcoming you back in February.

Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

We were staying on the way to the West Indies and chose Premier Inn for its excellent reputation. I wish we hadn't. I booked two rooms for the night of Sunday 10/2012) and from setting foot into the reception ( look up definition of reception , that's not actually what happens at this hotel) I was bemused and disappointed. The staff literally just stood there silent and motionless as we blundered our tired and stressed way through ' check in'
AND THEN
the mystery of getting the lift to move!!!!!
No one thought to say oh by the way we have this mental crazy way for you to operate the lift by holding your room card over the panel.....
??????
So after all 7 of us had stood there motionless for a few minutes we stepped back out of the lift only for the motionless staff to move himself enough to instruct us on how to make the lift move.
Ridiculous.
The rooms were standard spotless Premier Inn quality , can't fault that.
On realising the heating wasn't working in our room I complained and by morning was frozen. I have asked for a full refund on that room and was told reception would wait for 'a card to be sent to them in order for them to release a refund'. I don't fly home until Jan so will chase that up ( of course I shouldn't need to but such is life).
The staff in the restaurant are fabulous. Polite and attentive going out of their way to assist. Food pretty poor ( pizza under cooked and curry over micro'd).
Don't waste your money eating there.
Shame really as the staff do a great job.
I'm hoping the manager reads my review of his new hotel and sorts his staff out (dictionary; reception ) and ensures my refund is smooth ( name of Charles , can't be many with that surname on that Sunday with two rooms.....)
Up your game, you do not have a monopoly in airport accommodation.

• Stayed December 2012
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write an honest review on the Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport.

Please accept my sincere apologise for the lack of communication and Silent staff when you arrived at the hotel and for the inconvenience with the heating in the room. I have reimbursed you for your night’s accommodation and hope this goes some way to restore you faith in our reception team.

I am pleased that you found our rooms to be spotless and that you found the restaurant Team fabulous.

I hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Many Thanks,

Operations Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawley
Sofitel London Gatwick
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport
Hilton London Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central

Been to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel? Share your experiences!