“Perfect for an overnight stay prior to a flight”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Perfect for an overnight stay prior to a flight”
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night prior to an early morning flight. The hotel is in the best location, just across the way from the terminal which also has a shuttle connecting north to south. Checking in to the hotel was an awful experience; first I had to battle with the busy lifts, then check in electronically (apparently this saves time, bit evidentially it does not), then another battle with the lifts to get to my floor (I gave up due to being pushed around by other eager customers to find once in the lift it wouldn't work so pulled my case up two flights of stairs).

The room itself was lovely, very clean and just what was needed. There was no noise from planes nor other guests. I purchased coffee and snacks from the 24 hour on site costa. As I was traveling alone I didn't use the restaurant or bar area.

Check out was simple and much calmer due to the early morning flight and fewer people to push in front of me for the lifts.

Great value at £29 room only.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,278)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Selsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed here for two nights, as it is a good base for spending a couple of days in London without staying in London. This a very new and very large hotel and I was prepared to forgive any minor teething problems. However, apart from the slight problem of a queue at one of the bars one evening, which was quickly resolved, I found this Premier Inn to be up to the standards that we have come to expect from this chain. This is a very large hotel but with bars and restaurants sufficiently large and well-staffed to cope with the number of occupants. My stay coincided with the Easter schools holiday so there were rather a lot of children around the hotel. Even so, I managed to find a quiet corner in one or other of the restaurant areas on both evenings. This is an impressive operation. I will stay again, as it is just a short walk into the North Terminal for the shuttle to the South Terminal and the train to Victoria. Very convenient and outstanding value for money!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Southampton
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We chose this hotel because of its close proximity to the airport and great value for money.
On arriving at the hotel we were greeted by a very welcoming member of staff who swiftly checked us in. I did have a moment of panic when handing the lady at check in our booking confirmation for her to say she'd have to double check it as she'd not seen one like that before- a little concerning considering we'd on their direct website!
In any case the booking was located and we were swiftly informed about the hotels facilities. We were allocated room 517 which was a good size and immaculate. On settling in with a cup of tea we found that the tv was in fact faulty and would not switch on. We reported this to reception who sent someone from their maintenance team up a short while later. He confirmed that the tv was faulty and contacted reception by radio to request we be moved. Minutes later reception came to our room with new key cards and directed us to our alternative accommodation. Although only a minor issue I can only commend them for handling it so efficiently.
The proximity to the airport is excellent, I doubt you could be closer! This meant that we were able to have a wander into the North terminal that afternoon to get our bearings for check in the following morning.
We ate in the hotels Thyme restaurant and opted for the two course dinner which I think was about £12.50 each which we felt was very reasonable considering the location.
We had a good nights sleep and only heard a few footsteps in the corridor which I think is to be expected at an airport hotel. As we'd pre registered a credit card, check out took seconds. I would highly recommend this hotel, it offers everything you could need.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Booked a quad room for 1 night before flying out of South Terminal. At only £46, it was way better value to stay here and use the mono-rail opposite the hotel to transfer to the South terminal than stay there at over-inflated prices.

The hotel is fresh and still smells new. Our quad room was slightly squashed and seemed to be a triple with a 4th bed added - even an observant 8yo spotted the difference in the 4th bed. But the beds are comfortable and offer a good night's sleep. Our booking request for a quiet room was noted.

We turned up at the restuarant at 8pm to be told we could have a table 30 later. It should be noted the same menu is available in the bar though. Service in the restaurant was friendly. The kids menu was more extensive than in most establishments and particularly good value. My steak and ale pie lacked flavour. The kitchen was overwhelmed by orders and we received a free round of drinks while we waited for our mains to arrive - surely they should have an idea of the number of room bookings which would give an idea of restaurant requirements?

Would almost certainly stay again though, given the convenience and the price.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed here the night before my flight & found the hotel to be comfortable & spotlessly clean....
Would definitely recommend :)) the price was excellent too only £52 for a double room :) the breakfast was available really early too which suited us perfectly. As we had an early morning check in.....

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
crawley uk
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were not staying at the hotel but live locally .Its the 2nd time we have eaten here ,Particularly enjoy the meal deal which is £12.50 for 2 courses. The restaurant is very nicely decorated and makes for a nice atmosphere to eat .Although it was filling up quite quickly the service was very quick and efficient .I was surprised to see so many staff on duty .Our server was both polite and attentive.Thank you Jose .We will be back soon .

Room Tip: The meal deal is really good value
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

this is a very good hotel if you have an early flight and you need to spend one night at Gatwick. literally 30 sec waking distance from the airport exit! Basic, but clean. good price: 51GBP for a double room. What I didn't like: the TV in our room was very small. very fast check-in/check-out

Room Tip: we found a good price on booking.com
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple