“excellent nights stay”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 14 June 2013

stayed here before we went on holiday. this premierinn was lovely.We enjoyed the coasta coffee and we also had a meal in the bar area. The staff were very friendly and we would avise people to stay here

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank marky96

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed here on the 14th May before catching an early flight to Greece. We had a park stay fly package which I thought was excellent value. We parked the car and I luckily checked to see if I could drop our hotel bag the next morning I was told 'no'. This posed a massive problem because we did bag drop the night before and we had a hotel bag which wasn't supposed to go on holiday. So we had to sleep with no pj's etc which was not great.
We got to the hotel and were checked in I asked if the cot was in the room and I was told it was. As we arrived at our room they were just dropping it off. The sofa bed wasn't made up for my daughter so I had to ring and ask which was done quickly.
The food in the restaurant was really nice and surprisingly good value.
We didn't have a very good nights sleep as the duvet was really thick and the room was really hot ( I didn't complain )
However it was extremely convenient for an early morning flight and I would stay there again. My tip is that the lifts are really really busy but if you go through the double doors there is another lift !!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bill_lotty
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Efficient and friendly staff. Asked for quiet room and got one. New Premier Inn. Usual comfortable bed and user friendly amenities (plugs by the bed, mirror by the hairdryer etc). Got great rate booking in advance - which combined with a great deal on the short stay car park across the road, made for an excellent start and end to our trip.

Restaurant OK - mistakes made with order, but waiter very apologetic and things put right, so happy in the end.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
2  Thank JJEnglandUK
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We use the Premier inn Hotels quite often and find they are well staffed . This Hotel is opposite the terminal building at Gatwick North which makes it so easy to get your flight without having to board a shuttle bus or use a taxi . The staff were extremely helpful and the rooms V- Clean and quiet, the Hotel has a Restaurant with a good menu however food will not be served after 10.30 pm
in the restaurant but it is possible to order to your room. We recommend this Premier Inn, well done grate location as we were flying to New York the next day and had arrived from the Algarve the day of our stay, WELL DONE PREMIER INN.

Room Tip: No room views as to be expected it is by the airport all Room good/quiet.
2  Thank silvertop65
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I've already used this Premier Inn twice this year and have a third reservation for November.

I've used Premier Inns many times but came upon the Park, Stay and Fly package in February. For an early flight out of the North Terminal, it couldn't have been better. The return flight brought us back at midnight, so it was a no brainer to book another night, collect the car in the morning after a leisurely breakfast, then hit the M25 after the morning rush.

My journey last month needed a Park, Fly,Sleep deal which is outside the scope of the Premier Inn package, so I had to book the Valet Parking and Hotel separately. Even though it was a mid night return to the South Terminal, this arrangement was superb.

The hotel is spotlessly clean, very comfortable and perfect for a one night stop over. No question where I'll stay when a Gatwick Park & Fly is needed in the future.

2  Thank Eduardobear
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am delighted you enjoyed yet another stay with us and found the hotel to be spotlessly clean, comfortable and perfect for a one night stop over. I am so pleased that this is now your hotel of choice when staying in Gatwick. For future reference, if you do need days outside of our maximum package you can pay to the car park at £15 per extra night.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I booked this hotel as a park and fly package for a one night stay and four days parking, it would have been very good value if I had had a good nights sleep. The hotel is certainly convenient for the north terminal as it is just next door. Parking was straight forward driving into the multi story short stay and leaving your keys at the booking office. Returning four days later the car was available on the ground floor for collection. At this Premier Inn check in was via touch screen terminals, similar to airport flight check in screens. The invoice and room key are produced by the check in terminal. As I had booked this on the internet I just had to enter a reference number into the terminal. The hotel was quite busy and did not really have a very relaxed atmosphere, which is what I would have liked prior to traveling the next day. Although Premier Inn staff were available at check in they were not particularly welcoming or helpful to new arrivals. The room we had was number 752, it was compact compared to many other Premier Inn rooms I have stayed in. However it was up to normal Premier Inn standards with the usual facilities. After dropping the bags we went to the bar for a drink and booked in for a meal in the restaurant. The food was quite good although service was a little slow and not particularly attentive. We returned to the bar for a drink and to await the arrival of friends that were travelling with us. At this point around about 20.15. the bar was getting busier and there was a queue about 8 or 9 deep most of the time waiting to be served, clearly they were under staffed. When we returned to the bed room and got ready for bed it was then I discovered that the window could not be opened. It required a key that would allow a restricted opening. Having got ready for bed I did not try to contact anyone to get the problem rectified. I set the air-conditioning and hope to drop off to sleep. My wife and I slept for about a couple of hours and then both woke up because of the constant drone of the air-conditioning. We did not get back to sleep properly after that so were not refreshed for our journey the next morning. I will be writing to Premier Inn to see if there good night sleep promise is valid.
I would definitely not stay at this hotel again and would not recommend it to anyone, not only because of the room issue but also because of the general atmosphere. I did not like this hotel at all.
However I have stayed at the Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Airport Way), this is just a stones throw from the north terminal. It is a far more relaxed and friendly hotel compared with the North Terminal Hotel we have just stayed at. You can get a park and fly package and either walk to the terminal (5 mins) or take the courtesy bus. Your car remains were you park it for the duration. This will be my choice on future trips.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin H

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

Firstly I would like to offer my sincere apologies, I was very disappointed to read that you did not have a great experience with us and felt the hotel and team were unwelcoming and did not have a relaxed time before your flight the next day. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the food in our thyme restaurant but was again disappointed to read that you were left disappointed with the slow service and found the team to be inattentive. I am very sorry to hear you did not receive the good night sleep we guarantee at Premier Inn due to noise from the air conditioning unit.

I would like to speak to you further regarding the problems you had during your stay with us. I have therefore sent you a private message.

I hope to speak to you soon and hopefully restore your faith in this hotel.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

stayed here before a flight to Jamaica, very comfortable and easy access to airport, good value for money too, would recommend the meal deal if going down a day before a flight as saved a lot of money.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StinaMabb89

Thank you for your review.

I am so pleased you had a comfortable stay with and had the good nights sleep we guarantee at Premier Inn. I am also pleased you found the hotel and restaurant to be good value for money.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.