“An easy stay for an early flight.”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My check in wasn't as smooth as it could have been as the automated machines didn't react to my booking. The staff were very helpful but even they couldn't find my booking. Fortunately, I had a printout to prove it and they kindly put me in the room next to my friends, which was going beyond the call of duty.
We didn't eat, but had a drink at the bar and then an early night.
The lifts are faintly annoying as they are slow and always seem to be going in the wrong direction but the hotel is constantly filling and emptying so they are working flat out.
Considering the footfall in this hotel, it was a very quiet night. As with all Premier Inns, the rooms were clean with everything you need and a great hot shower.
We had valet parking within a short walk and of course the airport is so near that you can almost touch it - very quiet though.
No negatives apart from the dodgy check in. The staff are really pleasant but let down by inefficient technology.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

I am sorry to hear that you had trouble checking in but am pleased that the team sorted that out for you and put you next to your friends.
I am pleased to hear that your room was clean with everything you needed and that you had a very quiet night.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal in the future

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have been to London many times usually staying with friends, however this time I only had 2 nights and had no contacts in London for this trip. I had hired a car from Gatwick and spent a few days in the south and chose to drop off the car at the same location. As I was flying out of Gatwick on a 9am flight I decided to stay at Gatwick for my 2 nights. The Premier Inn at North Terminal was perfect for what i needed. For the one day I had to get into London, I caught the free monorail to the Gatwick Express at South Terminal and was in the city at Paddington Station in just over 30 mins!!!! As the other reviews stated - there was no air traffic noise and the room and restaurant were great for the price! It's a bit weird staying in an airport, but it's so convenient and as I had a 9am flight, I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn and brave public transport to make it in time. As I was flying to Italy, I literally walked across one road and I was inside my terminal. And actually sitting in the bar with the free wifi, it was fun and interesting watching people coming and going from all parts of the world. For the price, I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal

I am pleased that the hotel was convenient and perfect for your needs with no aircraft noise. I am also glad to hear that you found you room and restaurant to be great for the price.

I am so pleased you enjoyed stay and we look forward to welcoming back to stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

A poor welcome. On arrival at Gatwick airport by coach no sign to show you the way. Reception on upper floor so you have to get lift up to it. I had checked in online and paid in advance as they advise - to make things easy on arrival. Not so! Used the machine but refused to check me in. A line of staff hanging around but no one alert to my need so had to call for help. Then they couldn't do anything at that machine and you had to go to them. No one knew why there was a problem. A few staff have customer relations problems - just sarcastic and unpleasant. Asked to see the manager. Not available. Went to room - which was clean and spacious. After a few minutes knock on door and manager came to see me. Not expected so really surprised and welcomed this approach. We discussed the issues, apologies given and offer of complimentary breakfast - which I couldn't accept but welcomed. So did get better! Bed comfortable - bathroom ok although water pressure poor. Shower gel empty but no real issue as I bring my own. Easy check out from a delightful lady - far better than the check in - shame she hadn't been there yesterday - and I advised her of the empty shower gel. So after a poor welcome it got better. Good night's sleep and spacious room for a good price. Only blighted by the welcome.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

Firstly I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the welcome at the hotel and had trouble with the check in machines after checking in online. I was also very disappointed to read that you felt staff were unpleasant and sarcastic. This of course is unacceptable and I would like to offer my sincere apologies.

I am however pleased that the duty manager came to your room and spoke with you regarding the issues and tried to resolve them. I am also pleased that you then went on to have the good nights sleep we guarantee here at Premier Inn and found the team member on check out very pleasant.

I hope we can welcome you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Tried the Park and Fly this time. Good value for money. Lifts still a bit of a nuisance and sometimes you have to wait a short while to find one going in the right direction but the whole reason for staying there is to be calm before the flight the next day (no M25 hold ups). Check in was quick and simple. Room was typical Premier Inn. Bed comfy. The only let down AGAIN was the restaurant in the evening. They were changing the menu and we had prebooked the saver deal which is good value. I'm vegetarian and was looking forward to the goats cheese Wellington. This had sold out - very popular I was told. Pasta option was also sold out. 'We're changing the menu tomorrow' was the reason. The only other thing on offer was fish which is not meat but this is not an option for me. They offered to refund the offer but my partner was already looking forward to his meal. I persuaded them to let me have the mushroom risotto off the main menu as I was getting hungry. If you're going to offer 'vegi' options it would be really good if there were some.
During the night we were woken 4 times by someone rattling the door handle. Once might have been a mistake by someone at the wrong room but 4 times? When we mentioned it on check out the person on the desk looked as if she knew what had been happening and immediately offered us a refund. I await confirmation on my credit card. I'd stay here again for the convenience of the airport and good value for money (book early to get a bargain), but I would go across the road and eat in the airport not at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am pleased to hear that you found the sleep park and fly package to be good value for money. I am also pleased you found check in quick and simple and the bed to be comfortable.

I am however sorry to hear that your stay was let down by your experience in the restaurant. Please be assured that this is on a regular occurrence and was due to the menu change over however I fully understand your frustrations at not being able to find something suitable. I do however hope that you give the restaurant another chance and enjoy a meal from our new menu.

I am also sorry to hear that you were disturbed in the night by another guest but I am pleased you were offered a refund inline with our good night guarantee. This usually takes 3-5 working days to show in your account but should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the hotel.

Its great to know that you would stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This hotel is right at the North Terminal but the rapid transfer makes it just as convenient for the South Terminal. The long stay parking is convenient and efficient. This is easily the best hotel/parking deal I have had at Gatwick.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am pleased that you found the location for the hotel and parking to be convenient. It is such a great compliment to hear that this is the best hotel and parking deal you have had.

We look forward to having you stay again.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Purchased a park/sleep/fly package to enable us to get an early morning flight. The Car Parking valet system worked well and so much better than other alternatives. That was the good part.
I had checked-in online which apparently speeds up the process. Not in this case as Premier uses automatic system here which was very slow and finally came up with an error so needed a "human being" to help us and sort it out by using their workstation (progress?). The room was usual good spacious and clean, a minor issue for us was the TV was angled so only person on right side of the bed could watch it. The main problem of the room was that after installed excellent sound proofing to stop external disturbances, the designer put in noisy air-conditioning units which kept both of us awake (and my wife has slept through a hurricane).Eventually switched it off and got to sleep only to wake up a little later in a hot and stuffy room. Another annoyance, to contact "reception" you are asked to ring a 0871 number (customer service?).
We looked at the restaurant prices and, assuming they were of similar quality to other Premier food outlets, they looked expensive. We went over to the airport and had a very comfortable dinner in the North Terminal pub.
In summary, disappointed by many aspects though impressed by car parking arrangement.

1  Thank UKSENIOR

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport
North Terminal.

I am pleased to hear that you found the sleep park and fly package to be very convenient and better than other alternatives.

I am however sorry to hear that you were disappointed with other aspects of your stay.

I was disappointed to read that you had problems on check in and was unable to check in via the check in machines and although you found the soundproofing to be excellent you were kept awake by the air conditioning unit.

I was also sorry to hear that you found the prices in the restaurant to be expensive. Our reception team are available 24/7 through the fix it line. Which is on all phones in the room although I do apologise this was not made clearer.

I hope we can welcome you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again in the future and hopefully show you what we can really do.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel, we always used to use one of the more expensive brand hotels when flying from Gatwick but this hotel really makes paying any more a waste of money.
The hotel is spotlessly clean still very new the rooms are comfy and have everything needed for a one nights stay before flying. We had a meal in their restaurant 'Thyme' and just a word of caution our food was fine (its kind of a bar meal menu) but we were aware of a few complaints about the service from people around us, we guessed that the problem was everybody wants to eat between 7 & 8 and for that hour the dining area was a bit chaotic so if booking for a meal leave it as late as you can as after the 8 o'clock mayhem things were fine. I'm always shocked by reviews when people say they found the hotel noisy ........ Its in the middle of an incredibly busy airport, ..... there is going to be some noise but I always sleep fine and our room was overlooking the shuttle. This hotel does not offer luxury but it does provide really good value for money, and is really convinient for the terminal. Definitely include breakfast its really good.

Room Tip: Hotel is still really new all rooms are very much the same.
1  Thank DandGwales