Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Paphos
“Worth every penny”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed here twice over last 2 weeks great location for both North and South terminals staff very friendly rooms very clean the breakfast is worth having the restaurant well priced and food first class.

We use to stay at the Holiday Inn but we will with out a doubt we using this hotel again

Room Tip: If you are a light slipper ask for an inside room as the train from north to south terminal run all...
1 Thank Harry C
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you for posting your review on Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am delighted that you found the Thyme Restaurant to be well priced and the food first class.
It is great to hear that you found the staff to be very friendly and the room very clean.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,248)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 28 November 2013

highly recommended , I had best sleep ever in a hotel and room how clean was I have been impressed . also breakfast was really impressive and of excellent quality with very friendly staff explaining everything as I am diabetic and cannot have sugar containing food . I had prepaid breakfast and I did not regret of this . Instead I felt good that I made this choice .

1 Thank Zanis K
At Premier Inn we guarantee a ‘Good Nights Sleep’ and I am delighted to hear that you had the best sleep ever in a hotel.
It is great to hear that breakfast was really impressive and of excellent quality. I am also glad to hear that you found the staff to be very friendly.
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We are used to airport hotels providing a very basic service in basic surroundings. This hotel was a complete surprise from the moment we walked in. Professional friendly staff, fresh looking and smelling rooms designed with guests in mind....well lit mirrors with power points and a hair dryer immediately adjacent, a wide entrance to the room, making it easy to enter as you arrive with shoulder bags and suitcases, easy to use tea/coffee area, a large well lit bathroom...and best of all....an absolutely quiet bedroom. We appreciated the lovely bar/restaurant area which is divided into a number of smaller rooms, keeping a more personal feel to a large hotel. It is ideally placed at Gatwick with the North Terminal being less than five minutes walk from the front door.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne S
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am delighted that you found the staff to be professional and friendly. I am pleased that you found your room to be fresh looking, with a wide entrance, well lit mirrors with power points, tea/coffee facilities and a large well-lit bed. It is good to hear that you found your room to be absolutely quiet.
I am glad you appreciated the Thyme Restaurant and bar for its personal feel.
Spain
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here in October but have taken the time with writing this review to see the response of the hotel which I have to say has been brilliant.

We've stayed before and the location is brilliant. We've booked before this stay to stay again and I've no doubt we'll continue to stay here while the rates are so low. The lifts are ridiculous and can't cope as stated by previous reviewers but the big let down is the restaurant.

There are nowhere near enough staff there or at the bar which the queues become ridiculous, we ended up doubleing our order to avoid the wait, not before translating for a customer who didn't speak english (do any of your staff have other languages? Seems a bit silly)

We sat down for our meal at 9.15 and promptly ordered. My husband had a starter but I didn't. The problems began an hour later when we still had no food. I asked the waiter, who couldn't be more honest, who basically said there is no communication between the kitchen and the waiting staff which is why he didn't inform us of the wait when we sat down. If we knew this, I certainly would not have let my husband order a starter! This turned out to be irrelevant as it never ever arrived. Just over an hour later, our mains did arrived. I have Crohn's disease and I asked specifically for no bacon my my meal as I can't eat it. Needless to say it arrived with bacon. By this point I was thoroughly fed up and just sent it back. I didn't have an hour to wait for another meal. My husband then asked for mayonnaise. We were given a condiments set which inevitably, didn't contain mayonnaise.

I'd had enough and asked to speak to the manager. He came over and said the same as the waiter basically. There needs to be better communication because as it stands, there is none and the customer is suffering. This is a purpose built hotel with a purpose built restaurant which, while large, can't cope with the number of diners. I stay in a hotel because I have an early morning flight. By 11pm we were still trying to sort out the bill which apparently was £48. For essentially one main meal. We had been charged for everything, the non existent starter, my meal which I'd sent back! The manager gave us our drinks for free and we just paid for the one meal at £12.50.

Our room had the couch bed folded out (not made) which meant we couldn't get in the bed. We had to fold it up which meant the legs were stuck up in the air which I felt was dangerous. Other than this. The rooms are great.

Upon our return home to Spain, I contacted the Premier Inn with my experience. The manager phoned my husband and then called me as my husband was out and driving. He refunded the whole cost of the room which was brilliant and promised to bring up these issues at the next staff meeting. I hope he has and these are being rectified. I won't be eating there again but we will stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SpanishScouse
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am very pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be in a brilliant location and would continue to stay with us with the rooms at such good value.

However I was disappointed to read that your stay was let down by your experience in the bar and restaurant. Please be assured that this is not a usual standard and we pride ourselves in deliver the best service possible. I therefore would like to offer my sincere apologies as it clear that on this occasion we failed to do so.

I am however pleased to hear that you feel the matter was dealt with brilliantly and was pleased with the outcome from the manager you spoke with. I would also like to assure you that your feedback is extremely important to us and always taken back to teams to ensure that this is not a regular occurrence. With regards to your feedback on the team and languages, our team wear name badges with flags on, these flags represent languages the team member can speak. However I would like to thank you for helping the guest when no team member spoke this particular language.

I hope you will give our restaurant another chance in the future and hopefully let us restore your faith. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.
Great Shefford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel this year. Rooms are really clean and function able. Reception staff are really helpful too with assisting with a request for my flight booking. This hotel is in a great location just minutes from gatwick north terminal and by mono rail to gatwick south. The hotel lifts do tend to be slow as they are always being used.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jacqui M
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your second stay with us this year and found the hotel to be great value for money. I am also pleased you found the rooms to be very clean and functional and the team helpful. It’s also great to hear that you found the hotels location to be ideal for the north or south terminal. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before our flight to orlando, the hotel is really easy to find, literally across the road from the north terminal.
We didn't park one of the hotels car parks as we had parking elsewhere.
It's clean and the rooms were surprisingly big, we had a family room which had a double bed and two single beds, the beds were so comfy, we was on the 7th floor, the room was very clean, lots of pillows and towels.
Even free shower gel and shampoo in the bathroom, we paid less than £50 for the room so such good value for money!
We paid locally for the breakfast at the hotels own restaurant, we only paid for two adults as a child eats free with each paying adult, there was so much choice, hot and cold breakfast and the servers were very friendly and helpful.
There is also a costa in the reception area too, we got coffees here too.
As we was leaving the next day the fire alarm went off but the staff looked after us and as it was cold we was given towels to keep warm, this didn't spoil our wonderful stay though!
We will definitely be returning before a flight!
Fabulous hotel!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am delighted you had such a wonderful stay with us before your holiday to Orlando and found the hotel to be such good value for money.

Its great to hear you were pleased with the toom and found the beds to be comfortable, clean and had plenty of towels and pillows. Its also great to hear you enjoyed the all you can eat buffet breakfast and found the team to be friendly.

I am sorry to hear that the fire activated during your stay but I am so pleased that this did not affect your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.
Vale
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Very comfortable, quiet, clean. Check-in was a breeze, all automatic. Can't comment on service as I did not see, speak to or interact with any staff. Good value for money. Will stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review.

I am delighted you had a very comfortable stay in a quiet and clean room and found the check to be a breeze. I am also pleased you found the hotel to be good value for money and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.