“Even better than the previous Inn”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 6 December 2013

For many years we have stayed at the old Premier Inn when flying from Gatwick. When I made this reservation for my wife her sister and myself, I thought that was where I booked. What a pleasant surprise. The new Inn was designed for the Olympics but was not quite ready in time. The location is excellent, straight across from North Terminal Departures and next to short term parking. Staff were extremely welcoming, but online reservation and check in made the process even easier. We had ditched our bags at Virgin Atlantic's twilight check in. The rooms were spacious, well-apppointed, well sound proofed and insulated, as well as meticulously clean. We dined in the Thyme restaurant and after an excellent night's sleep, took coffee and a croissant before going to Airport security, via the inter terminal shuttle. Excellent value and hospitality.

Room Tip: Depends if you like to be high or low.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jimmysboy
Write a ReviewReviews (12,207)

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This was my first stay at a Premier Inn but it wont be my last, I chose it because of its location next to the north terminal. I was originally thinking of the Sofitel next door but when I saw the difference in price I decided to give this one a try, being only for one night.

I arrived by train in the south terminal and in no time was off the shuttle and in the north terminal and just outside the exit was the Premier Inn, I was greeted by a member of staff in the entrance and guided to the lift to reception within minutes I was checked in and in my room.

I had a drink in the pleasant bar before a really good dinner in the restaurant, I had a good nights sleep in the very clean room and an excellent breakfast next morning, all in all an excellent stay for the very small price that I paid, I will defiantly be staying in a premier Inn again and probably this one again in the future.

1  Thank T1775
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I took the train to Gatwick station, very simple journey and once you get off at the platform, you take a lift up (think 1 floor), then there is an obvious sign pointing to the free shuttle to take you to the North terminal. Shuttles come every few minutes and it took 2mins to get to the North Terminal. Previous reviews have been right when they say there are no obvious signs to the Premier Inn but a few for the Sofitel hotel, so I went in the wrong direction. All you need to do is hop off the shuttle and follow a sign that says hotels and then Sofitel, but as you enter the entrance as it appears that you are going straight to the Sofitel, you look right and then there is a lift that you take down 1 floor. Again, you cross a road and there it is. I did check in online as you can do 2 days prior to your date and I simply went to the self-service check in kiosk, entered my name, it asks for car reg, just type a couple of random letters and then you room card is deposited out.Lifts was a bit of a joke like others have said but the room was decent enough, nothing special to add here and if you do book the meal deal then book your table as soon as you arrive, if not try and book it via the phone. Not sure if you can book your time online when booking the room as I booked the meal deal last minute and for £22 it was worthit. It is worth the stay for £49, beats the hassle of getting to the airport at the last minute and its a way to start your trip off earlier...all beit the Premier Inn. I would do it again and I live in London as it is literally a 2min walk from the North Terminal.

Room Tip: The earlier you book, the better the deal.
2  Thank TenilleM20
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

This was our second time to this hotel and what can I say, another faultless experience.

Check in was easy and seamless.

The room was comfortable and nice and big.

Wifi is able to be accessed in room and is cheap for 24 hours access or 30 mins free.

Visited the Thyme restaurant at the hotel and once again great normal cheap value but service and quality was high.

Great nights sleep no noise from anywhere at all.

Bed extremely comfortable and was best nights sleep I had in ages.

Am already planning on booking this hotel again on our next trip from London Gatwick

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.
I am pleased that your check in was easy and seamless.
It is great to hear that you found your bed to be extremely comfortable and had our guaranteed ‘Good Nights Sleep’.
I am delighted you had an enjoyable visit to our on site Thyme Restaurant with high quality service.
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Pretty near faultless for overnight accommodation slap by Gatwick North Terminal and the Shuttle to South Terminal. Very good service in well appointed modern surroundings. Strongly recommend Meal Deal and we were impressed by quality of dinner in restaurant. Breakfast had everything on offer though at 6 a.m. Bacon and eggs could have been warmer, but included with Meal Deal, excellent value. Would not hesitate to stay there again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Moondav

Thank you for posting your review on Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.
I am delighted to hear that you received very good service in well-appointed modern surroundings.
I am pleased to hear that you took advantage of out 3 course Meal Deal plus a drink and all you can eat Breakfast and were impressed by the quality of dinner in our Thyme Restaurant
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay in the future.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed at the hotel for one night only unfortunately. Welcome on arrival was efficient and friendly. Rooms are large and comfortable. No aircraft noise whatsoever even though hotel is located right outside arrivals hall. Meals perhaps a bit pricey but euro earners cannot compete with sterling ones! Will definitely stay here again and recommend hotel highly.

1  Thank CVMJ

Thank you for posting your review.
I am pleased that your welcome was efficient and friendly. It is also good to hear that you found your room to be large and comfortable with no aircraft noise.
It is a real compliment to hear that you would recommend the Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal highly.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

The location is perfect, literally 2 min walk out the airport across the road, once in the hotel check in took about 30 seconds (which after a long haul flight was much appreciated!) Kristina was such a amazing lovely member of staff and couldn't do enough for us. Had a great night sleep, very comfy bed. The hotel had everything we needed. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.
I am delighted to hear that your hotel check in took about 30 seconds. It is a great compliment to hear that you found Kristina to be an amazing lovely member of staff.
I am pleased that you had the Premier Inn Guaranteed ‘Great Nights Sleep’ in a very comfy bed and had everything you needed for your stay
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay in the future.