Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

A very good place to stay over night if you have an early North terminal flight, A 2 minute walk from the valet parking, next to the Sofitel.

Very good value and including a dinner and breakfast, which opens at 5am, which was plentiful.

Whilst the room was not overly large, perfectly fine for an over night stay.

Very easy 2 minute walk into the terminal.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Thank you for your review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found it to be great value. I am also pleased you enjoyed a meal in our Thyme restaurant and found this to also be very good value.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,249)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed here before we flew to florida restaurant was standard for a premier inn rooms were clean and tidy but found the staff at the front desk were not very welcoming and didnt really seem like they wanted to be there but overall a pleasent stay if ur just there for a night.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and had the good nights sleep we guarantee before your flight. O am pleased you found the rooms to be clean and tidy.

I am however very sorry to hear that you did not find the team to be very welcoming. At Premier Inn we strive to deliver the best service possible and its clear that on this occasion we did not, so please accept my sincere apologies for this.

I hope we can welcome you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

We normally use the Gatwick Sofitel but as we were arriving and leaving from the North terminal we decided to give the Premier Inn a try. I am so glad we did.
Not only was it half the price of the Sofitel, our room was better!
It is a really easy two minute walk from arrivals and since we had checked in online, a simple couple of minutes using the automated machine in reception gave us our room key and receipt. Several staff were however on standby to assist and were extremely polite and welcoming . We had breakfast and it was tasty.
We will definitely been staying here on our next visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank connor w
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed here the night before an early morning flight to Venice. I had taken the Gatwick Express down from Victoria.

Clean and quiet; it has a self check-in and you need to use your room key to go upstairs which is a nice security feature. Minimal rooms with comfy beds and pillows - no boxes of tissues and only shower gel in the shower but I did not find that an issue. You can buy toiletries from them if you need them.

My only issue (and it may not be their fault) was that it was difficult to find after taking the shuttle from the South Terminal to the North Terminal; other hotels are clearly sign posted but not this one. You need to go through the parking lot or down a ramp to get there but it is not a problem.

If it helps, other family members have stayed at various Premier Inn locations and they all agreed that you can get a very good night's sleep at a reasonable price. None of us have eaten at any of the locations so we don't know what the food is like.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BZM_13
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stay in Premier Inn's at least once a week so I don't normally bother to review them, they are much the same. However this Premier Inn has really excellent staff from check in, bar staff and restaurant staff. Every member of staff I met was really good. I was welcomed and checked in swiftly and politely. I was asked if I had a good day and how far I had travelled etc. which was warm and friendly. Later I went to meet colleagues in the bar and couldn't see them and was asked by two different members of staff if they could help me. The barman acknowledged me immediately and said he would be with me shortly and apologised for making me wait (which was only a matter of a minute or two). Our waiter was a real "cheeky chappy"! and made us all laugh. Breakfast again was an efficient and friendly affair. The room was of the normal Premier Inn high standard. This is a really busy hotel but the service certainly doesn't suffer for this.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

We booked a deal which included valet parking in short stay car park on site for eight nights and one night in hotel for about £85. We considered this excellent value. As we're were flying with Thomsons we went straight from car park 5 in the lift to the North terminal, without going outside, left our cases for early check-in and then went across to the hotel with just an overnight bag. I had booked in online so just had to put my surname into the self check-in machine and my room cards came out. We were on the third floor so used the stairs each time and had a very quiet room overlooking the inner quadrangle. We reserved a table in the restaurant for 7pm as I had heard it can get fully booked but no problem. As we already had our boarding cards we opted to take the excellent value meal deal which was three courses with a glass of wine etc for dinner and breakfast for about £23 a head. Normally I prefer to breakfast after I have checked in due to time constraints. Food in the restaurant was absolutely fine, much as you would expect. Service was cheerful and quick. Room was spacious with comfortable beds and sufficient toiletries.upon return we went straight to ground floor of car park 6 and collected our car. An excellent arrangement.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed here on park and fly package and could not fault it. The hotel is quite new so everything clean and fresh. Rooms very comfortable, did not use the restaurant so cannot comment on the food. Self check in very easy to use, have to use your room key to operate the lift. Parked In the car park next door which was very convenient to pick up car on return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple