“great hotel right opposite north terminal departure lifts.”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“great hotel right opposite north terminal departure lifts.”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

rooms are always clean and get a great nights sleep. lovely food and drinks. service is also very good. perfect if you have an early morning flight. we stayed the night before our flight and saved so much the next morning not having to travel so early. would deff come back here.

2 Thank ckmh2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,290)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed here the night before we went to Kenya. Found the hotel as soon as we arrived at the terminal was well signposted. The check in was stress free and finding out room without any trouble. The room was very nice and had a good view of plans coming in to land but without any noise. The restaurant was also very nice and good value for money. Had a good nights sleep before our 9 hour flight. Would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank Brown1809
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Quickest check in I have ever experienced, staff were very attentive at this high tech reception. Rooms were comfortable, clean, well equipped and very quiet despite being right next to a major airport. We booked park, stay and fly and couldn't have been happier with the service and convenience. Well worth the money!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judy S
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Thank you for your review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the team o be very attentive. I am pleased you found the rooms to be comfortable, clean, well equipped and very quiet. I am also pleased you were happy with the service and convenience of the sleep park and fly package. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Great greeting when arrived. Staff very friendly and they really did try to ensure my stay was good. food not bad, but have to say soup not on this occasion. Which they said I didnt have to pay for. Main course was great though. Bar area is quite small but OK.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnS35
Thank you for your review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found the team to be friendly and helpful. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy the soup but I am pleased this was taken off of your bill and you went onto enjoy your main course. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My wife and I ended up here for one night after my flight was cancelled. I’ve usually been pleasantly surprised by Premier Inns, but this one had a few issues.
Positives:
- Friendly staff (reception area and restaurant). They tried hard and well-meaning.
- Room specification. Room was well kitted out.
- Room cleanliness. Everywhere, including bathroom, was spotlessly clean.
- Noise. No problems with getting a good night’s sleep.
Negatives:
- Lifts. When the hotel is busy, the lifts are totally inadequate – I ended up taking the stairs for a few trips up and down, and I was on the 9th floor… All the guests were complaining about it.
- Room size. Very small and not much room for manoeuvre when you have luggage. They’ve clearly been designed to be the smallest possible size.
- Bed size. The reception staff assured me that the room had a large (king size) double bed, but I was disappointed to find a standard 4ft6 double, which had a slightly creaky mattress. I’m pretty sure the last Premier Inn that I stayed at had a 5ft or even 6ft bed.
- Bar staff. They seemed to lack training. Pretty sure they used the same white wine measuring cup for every type of wine they pour out.
- Food. Well, we were on the cancelled flight ‘free buffet’ voucher, so this might not be a fair comment on all the hotel’s food. They served up curry (an odd choice for the free buffet?) It was actually nice tasting but there just wasn’t enough and they repeatedly ran out.

1 Thank ridgers1982

I am pleased that you found the team to be friendly and the room to be spotlessly clean and well kitted out. I am also pleased you enjoyed a good nights sleep and was not disturbed by any noise.

I am however sorry to hear there were a few negatives to your stay. I understand your frustrations with the lifts, however we do have a team member in the lobby area at peak times to help with the lifts and reduce queues. I am disappointed to hear that you were advised the beds were king sized beds, our beds are as you are now aware double beds and the team are aware of this so I am confused as to why the team advised differently. I will therefore feed this back to the team and ensure that we are all working from the same page. I would also like to assure you that your feedback regarding the bar team has been feedback to the relevant departmental manager to look into and re train if necessary. I am also sorry to hear you were disappointed with the buffet and found that it repeatedly ran out. All of your feedback is of the utmost importance to us and it is only through your feedback that we can improve.

I hope we can welcome you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again and show you what we can really do.
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed at Premier Inn Gatwick while waiting for a connecting flight. Although we came to the hotel very late, the check-in was easy. There was an immediate help in case of any difficulties while making a self check-in with the machine.

The room was a very good one and we had a great sleep as the bed was so comfy. The bathroom was lovely with a nice bath-tub. We had the time to relax in the tub before our flight and it was great. There was a kettle in the room so we had the chance to have a tea&coffee before leaving.

It was my first time at an airport hotel and it was not dissapointing at all!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank happilyeverafter0406

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found check in to be easy and the team on hand to help immediately. I am also pleased you found the room and had the good nights sleep we guarantee.

I am so pleased that you were not disappointed with your stay and we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.
Manchester
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here before a flight the next day. Easy to book, check in simple, staff really lovely and helpful and lovely clean and fresh rooms. Great nights sleep. Everything you could need. We asked the staff where best to go as we wanted to go for dinner, they gave us the options and booked us a taxi. Just great. Would highly recommend

1 Thank Morris73
Thank you for your review.

Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the check in simple, team friendly and helpful and the rooms clean and fresh. I am so pleased you had the good nights sleep we guarantee and it’s a compliment to hear you would highly recommend this hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.