“Convenient Location”

Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Llanarmon-yn-Ial, United Kingdom
“Convenient Location”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Considering the proximity to the terminal, it was really good value. the North terminal is just a short two minute walk up and over the road.

I really can't see the point of the 'Self Service' check in desk, when there are staff there to help you through it anyway, but maybe it is in case they have staff shortages? I hope this is not going to be the way forward in all hotels, maybe there should be a choice.

I'd emailed ahead and asked for quiet rooms as I'd heard that people who were put on the shuttle side of the hotel, were kept awake all night. We were put in rooms overlooking a courtyard area in the middle.

The lifts were a bit daunting for my elderly father, who didn't have the confidence to go down to breakfast on his own, but otherwise the rooms were fairly comfortable.

The evening meal and breakfast was good. We had to wait a long time to be served at the bar, but I think this must have been operational problems.

A good start to the holiday and a lot cheaper than the Sofitel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,278)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Mallorca
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel is very convenient for an overnight stay especially if you are flying out of Gatwick North Terminal next morning. It is located only across the road from the main entrance of the airport. The food at both dinner and breakfast was good and both had nice menus. They have an amazing deal of £23 for dinner and breakfast ( we didn't know this so only booked breakfast!) but would certainly take advantage of it if we travel that way again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Kingston
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed overnight to get a connection out of Gatwick the following morning. Came into South terminal, got the shuttle train to North terminal, followed the signs and was at the hotel in no time. Was enthusiastically met by Premier Inn personnel, directed to the reception area for check-in. There was no crowd, so in less than 5 minutes we were on our way to our room.
We were pleasantly surprised that for a budget hotel, it was clean, spacious and airy. What was amazing is the sound-proof windows that shut out all airplane noise.

Having read other reviews, I made sure to reserve a table at the Thyme restaurant. It would be remiss of me not to mention the service and the food! Excellent!!! I had spare ribs and it was on par with any specialty ribs restaurant.

My only complaint was that I found the bed uncomfortable. My husband who is the fussy one with regards to bed comfort did not have a problem, but I definitely did not find the bed comfortable.

This, however did not detract from the dinner, the room, nor the convenience of the hotel to the terminal, literally across the street. I would recommend the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We were very lucky getting it for £29. Can't find any faults nice bar and restaurant can recommend meal deal 3 course dinner with drink and breakfast for £22.99. Amazing value would definitely stay again. Only thing I did not like was the automated check in.

Room Tip: Rooms at top of hotel have best views.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chrisb1233
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I used this hotel because of its location in the North Terminal. Needed to be at the airport first thing in the morning.
One of the best locations for LGW
Quick check-in and check-out

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank David S
Channel Islands
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

My only criticism of this particular Premier Inn, as I am usually a huge fan, is the lack of effective double-glazing. Consequently the noise of aircraft, traffic and the deceleration of the inter-terminal transit was an intrusion. Normally, I would use earplugs to deal with the noise, but didn't dare as I feared not hearing my alarm clock. I have stayed in a hotel overlooking the runway at Heathrow and it had extremely effective double or even triple glazing. So it does exist!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for your review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by noise during your stay with us. At Premier Inn we promise a good nights sleep and I am very sorry that on this occasion we failed to deliver this promise.

I have therefore sent you a private message as I would like to speak to you further regarding this.

Your feedback is of the utmost importance to us and it is only through honest and direct feedback from our guests that we can work to improve.

I hope to speak to you soon and hopefully restore your faith in Premier Inn.
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

just returned from Les Vegas did park and stay parked the car in car park five level 3 called at valet parking left key and book in very easy short walk to premier inn just across the road from car park and north terminal on return after flying in to gatwick north terminal walked across road to car park six valet parking office on level one picked up car keys car only 3 spaces down

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends