“Brilliant stay....Again”

Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant stay....Again”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Another excellent stay, this hotel is the best.
Stayed here in February before our flight to Barbados.
Can't praise hotel,reception staff and restaurant enough.
Just booked another night in May before flight.
Thanks to everyone.
Can't wait for another good nights sleep!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed another excellent stay with us and had the good night sleep we guarantee at Premier Inn. Thank you for your feedback regarding the team, it is always nice to hear when the team are doing well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,299)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This Hotel was first class, the staff were very helpful and friendly and it was so close to the airport. The rooms were spotless and the choice of food in the restuarant was impressive, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the team to be very helpful and friendly. It is also great to hear you found the rooms spotless and was impressed with the choice of food in the restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.
Lagoa, Portugal
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed here for one night on a brief trip to the UK earlier this month. First impression of the hotel isn't particularly good as the architect appears to have only attended the Rubiks Cube school of architecture ! Don't like the self check in process at all - far too impersonal for my liking, although one of the assitants, Paul, did recognise my "weary traveller syndrome" and gave some good help and advice. Thanks Paul !
The hotel is clean and, internally at least, well presented. Rooms and breakfast are pretty average Premier Inn standard at slightly higher than average Premier Inn prices. Presumably because of the location.
I was very disappointed to find that the restaurant and bar didn't open at lunch time. I wanted to have a good lunch before my late afternoon flight home and ended up with a Costa Coffee snack. Not quite what I had in mind.
Would I say here again ? Probably not. But then again I try to avoid Gatwick Airport if at all possible. The worst in the UK IMHO !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and well presented and I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding Paul, Its great to hear he was helpful when checking in. I am however sorry to hear you found the check in style to be impersonal and not to your liking. Should you stay with us again you are able to check in with a team member manually should you request.

I am also sorry to hear you found breakfast to be slightly higher than average in price and was unhappy the bar and restaurant is closed for lunch.

Your feedback is greatly important to us and I assure you this is taken on board.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal in the future.
Swindon
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Perfect for North and South terminal. Great welcome and service. Room and bathroom were spotless. Premier website site mentions some external noise may be possible, but we heard nothing and got a great night's sleep. We will be staying again in June and certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review on your stay with us.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room and bathroom to be spotless. I am also pleased to hear that you were not disturbed by any noise from the airport and had the good nights sleep we guarantee. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again in June.
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

It is right at Gatwick's North terminal, literally across a small road.

We got it for £29 on a Sunday night for a room for 3.

You can tell it is relatively new as the rooms and bathroom are clean and look good.

We stayed here but flew from South terminal, the free Gatwick shuttle linking the terminals is within an easy 5 minute walk of the hotel so was really straightforward.

We stayed at the Hilton at South terminal before, which was nice and is right at the South terminal - where we always fly out of, but we won't stay there again as long as the Premier Inn stays cheap!

They also have a decent restaurant and Costa Coffee shop, so everything you would need before/after a trip away.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor as the bar/restaurant and reception area on the second can get quite busy an...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for your review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found a good deal online for the room and the hotel to be in the perfect location.

Its great to hear you found the room and bathroom to be clean and was pleased with the dining facilities available.

It is such a compliment to hear that you would stay with us again when flying out of Gatwick and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again in the future.
Hampshire
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Early flight - so chose this hotel for an overnight stay. Literally across the road from the North Terminal.
Helpful staff, quick check-in, lovely clean comfortable, warm room.
Ate in the restaurant, which was quite busy, equally good. Good service and good food. We chose the meal deal as we had time for breakfast in the morning.
No noise from traffic or aircraft, so good nights sleep.
Overall very happy with stay and would use again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted you had a brilliant stay with us and found the hotel to be in an ideal location. It is great to hear you found the team helpful and you were checked in quickly. I am so pleased your room was comfortable, warm and clean and you had the good nights sleep we guarantee at Premier Inn with no noise from the airport.

We look forward to welcoming you to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.
Jersey Ci
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Hotel easy to get to and close to terminal. Greeted by queues for lift to get to reception - It was 1/2 term so confronted with bags, skis and children. Took stairs to stairs not pointed out as being available by staff member.
The staff member who helped me at reception couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. I had contacted the hotel earlier in the week as I had booked three rooms under separate bookings and had requested that we were all on same floor. i was really impressed that not only had this been noted but the rooms were next to each other.
The rooms were clean and comfortable and what you would expect from a Premier Inn.
Whilst I would use the hotel again I would never eat in the restaurant. I don't know if we caught them on a bad evening but the staff seemed disinterested and unmotivated. We had to wait a long time to give our order and the food took ages to arrive. No apology for either. The menu was extremely limited especially for my wife who has to follow a gluten free diet. Whilst my son was happy with his pizza the rest of the food was bland, dry and totally overpriced. Don't eat here!
I then went to buy a beer at the bar. There was a queue for the bar...2 serving staff who were also having to cater for the restaurant. Totally unacceptable and once again no apology for the wait. My impression was that the restaurant area was totally understaffed or the staff were totally unmotivated for whatever reason.
The price of the rooms were excellent £35 each and the hotel part was fine. I would suggest grabbing food and drink from M&S in the North Terminal before going to the hotel.
SERVICE RATING DOWN TO RESTAURANT AND BAR AREA AND NOT MAIN PART OF HOTEL.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review on Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am pleased you found the team member that checked you in friendly and helpful and was impressed that your rooms were allocated together as previously requested. I am also pleased you found your room to be clean and comfortable.

However I was disappointed to read that your experience in the restaurant was not so good. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for your experience in the restaurant and I am very disappointed in the feedback regarding the team. I would like to assure you that this is not a usual standard of service. At Premier Inn we strive to deliver the best service possible and it is clear that on this occasion we failed to deliver this.

I am deeply disappointed that your experience in the restaurant let you down when you enjoyed the rest of your stay so much.

I hope we can welcome you back to back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again in the future and hopefully be given the chance to show you what we can really do in the restaurant.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawley
Sofitel London Gatwick
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport
Hilton London Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central

Been to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel? Share your experiences!