“Great hotel, terrible valet parking”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at the premier inn before a short European Easter break with breakfast and valet parking booked as part of the deal.
Despite the hotel being very busy the staff looked after us well, the room was clean and surprisingly quiet. The breakfast was great and the choice was superb.
The big let down was the valet parking, on return at our booked time our car was no where to be seen? We waited over 90 minutes despite arriving at our correct time, it was chaos. With kids standing out in the cold and others getting very upset, clueless firm.
I wouldn't stay here again unless I came by train or bus.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank railcomjon
Write a ReviewReviews (11,942)

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We were flying from the South terminal so at first we were unsure about booking but due to the excellent reviews and price for a night (£42 for family room) we decided to give it a go. Check in was different axs mainly done on cash point type machines but it worked and was v easy. Room was typical premierinn so perfectly functional and clean. We had a view of the runway which our toddler loved. Two very small minus points were that the wifi dropped out several times in the hot or so we were using it and also the noise from the mono rail which was bearable but if you are a light sleeper may have kept you awake. Now the best bit. ..location, cross a road and you are in North terminal. Another 100 yards and you are on the mono rail heading for South FANTASTIC! Last time we were here we stayed at the Hilton but that cost the best part of £200 and I can see no benefits of staying there rather than the premier inn. I know where we will be staying on our next Gatwick visit and I will recommend the premier inn to all.

• Stayed: April 2014
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you for posting your review on Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am glad to hear that your room was perfectly functional and clean with a view of the runway that your toddler loved. It is great to hear that you found check in to be very easy. I am pleased to hear that you were not disturbed by any monorail noise.
I am delighted to hear that you will recommend Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal to all

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Very happy again with our stay, stayed 4 times in last year and no problems whatsoever. No noise from outside and minimal noise inside. Food very good and service is quick even when busy, bedrooms are bright and comfortable, reception staff helpful and check in was very quick. Will stay again in May

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.
I am delighted to hear that you have had 4 very happy stays with us. It is great to hear that you used our Thyme Restaurant and found the food very good and the service to be quick even when busy.
I am pleased to hear that you found the reception staff to be helpful with a quick check in. It is also good to hear that your rooms were bright and comfortable with no disturbance from external noise.
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay again in May.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Very pleased with the quality of the hotel. Expected less for the price I paid. So convenient to airport terminal. Really helpful staff. Very comfortable rooms. Spotless corridors and elevators. Great restaurant and menu.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

I am delighted to hear that you were very pleased with the quality of the hotel and found the rooms to be very comfortable.
I am glad to hear that you found the staff to be really helpful. It is good to hear that you enjoyed the menu in our Thyme Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Firstly once I had actually found the hotel it was great! there are no signs for this particular hotel but lots of signs for the other hotels so i was wandering around the terminal for ages after getting off a bus , If you get lost and see a sign for Sofitel follow that .
the room was pleasant once I had figured out that you needed to put your room card in a slot for the lights to come on :) bed a little hard for my liking but pillows ok. The restaurant you needed to book for as it was busy I just had a glass of wine which by airport hotel prices was reasonable and good quality It really is right outside the terminal so a great location and no airplane noise

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2014

In fact, I just booked it again for this summer. I had some issues booking Premier Inn with an American credit card, but I called them and they 'put me in their system'. I have had no problems since. The London Gatwick North Premier was a perfect place for me to end my 70 day European romp. It is extremely convenient, economical, and clean. I will stay there every time I travel to London via Gatwick. It is steps away from the airport itself, and a few more steps away from the Gatwick Express that takes you into London. I ate dinner and breakfast at the airport because it was right next door, but the Premier usually has some decent dining options.

Room Tip: its by an airport so good luck