Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had an overnight stay here and we could not fault this hotel check in was quick and the room was comfortable and spotless the staff were friendly and helpful. Unfortunately my husband took ill in the early hours which resulted with a hospital visit but the night manager dealt with this calmly and efficiently
On return from hos the day manager was just as kind and helped us a lot
We would not hesitate to come back to this hotel Having stayed at the higher end hotels at Gatwick the Premier Inn was our favourite both for service and atmosphere

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dientje v
Write a ReviewReviews (12,503)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed for two nights at this relatively new hotel on a layover from Israel to Toronto. I found it to be very comfortable as the room was well furnished, a very good bathroom with tub, no less and absolutely quiet. The service was also excellent as the well trained staff is welcoming and very helpful. The breakfast was the standard cooked English breakfast but a continental was also available. Its closeness to departures in the north terminal and even the short shuttle ride to the south terminal made travelling that much easier. Breakfast and wifi are not included in the price of the room. All told, to my standards, it was fairly expensive but then, London and its surrounds is not cheap!

I had a serious problem, however, in checking in my reservation could not be found. I had arrived after midnight, very tired after a long day and long flight so was clearly irritated. To make a long story short, I had booked through a third party but when I first arrived in London two weeks earlier, I phoned the hotel to confirm my reservation. The agent told me that because arrival was after midnight I would have to book one day earlier which I did. This modification messed up the system apparently and it took 40 minutes to sort it out. However, I have to say that the manager who was called did his utmost as did the agents who were on duty. They did try very hard to understand the mess and make amends. Surprisingly, as their system is totally computerized, I had to wonder why it took so long! In any case, I received sincere apologies, free breakfasts and free wifi and an immediate refund on that unnecessary extra day. So, despite this 'misunderstanding', I recommend this hotel highly - there was a problem and they fixed it to my satisfaction and I enjoyed two nights of great sleep!

Room Tip: The hotel is not noisy but rooms facing the interior are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 2York
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Ideal location.. Literally walked straight out of terminal and was at the hotel within minutes. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and it was immaculately clean. This hotel is perfect if you've just come off a long haul or have an early morning flight. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nik-Nak2189
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My family stayed here the night before an early flight. The hotel is conveniently situated right next to the North Terminal building. Very friendly check-in and a very comfortable room. We had an evening meal in the restaurant - it was very busy, but the choice and quality of the food was surprisingly good. Breakfast is available from 5am, so we had time to enjoy the eat-as-much-as-you-like selection.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JOGLEWALK
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had an overnight stay here in preparation for an early flight to Kavala. We took advantage of the park and fly deal which were excellent. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and we were really impressed with the pre-online check in service. Very friendly staff from reception to bar staff to the waiters/waitresses. Efficient service with a smile, which was a good start to the holiday. Nice menu to choose from and the food was a really tasty and well presented. This hotel is literally across the road from departures - fantastic. Will certainly stay here again if flying from Gatwick.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vicky186460
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed for one night before flying from the north terminal. We couldn't believe how close and easy it was to get to the terminal from here. We have stayed at the Sofitel and Hilton, both on airport hotels, but this one at only £49 per room was much better value and just as easy. It was a typical Premier Inn, so you know what you are getting. On arrival our check in was automated, but there was a very helpful young lady who immediately assisted. There is a bar and restaurant, but we didn't use those as we walked in to the terminal and ate there. The room had everything you would want and was very quiet. Would stay again and definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lindylou146
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Self service check in, not good. After a 12 hour flight back from Mauritus too tired for all that.

Our rooms were good, as they always are at Premier Inns.

Very busy hotel and noisy. Allot of large all male groups taking up all the room in the bar, reception area and restaurant, very loud and all quite drunk.

This is one Premier Inn that should not guarantee a good nights sleep, it was awful! Not the fault of the hotel but the guests who do not care about others. People have to leave at all hours of the night for flights but why can't they try to keep the noise down?

Will not be using this premier Inn again.

We ate an evening meal it was fine and the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family