Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great nights sleep”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is the 2nd time that I have stayed here and again it was perfect. The hotel cannot be faulted as the location is perfect, the food is delicious, you will get a great nights sleep and the price is Fab! Looking forward to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,268)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We chose the premier inn gatwick north because it was nice and close to the terminal. Very good value for money to stay and park the car for eight days. Took all the stress out of getting to the airport on the day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here before and after our holiday - you can't beat walking across the road from the terminal - no finding the bus stop and waiting forever for those shuttles. I was getting into bed after a late flight back 45 minutes after our flight landed and that included collecting luggage - that's hard to beat, specially at their prices! The hotel was very clean and functional and the room was an adequate size.The only downside was a hard bed and only one set of towels for 3 people, however this would not stop me staying here again. We ate in the restaurant the first night - they had a good variety of food at reasonable prices and the service was good. Its my new favorite at Gatwick!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

stayed here as i managed to get the Gatwick Airport Hotel in the premier inn sale for only £25
we had a family room. Great room, comfy beds.
Our room was on floor 8, so there was a wait for using the lift, and as we had stayed here last year we knew that this can be an issue.
Just allow yourself plenty of time if you are using the lift, and make sure you use your key
for your room to program the floor you need......or you could go up and down for some time until you work this out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here ahead of an early morning holiday flight. Very close to the terminal but without any airplane noise so great to get some sleep ahead of a flight. Also offer a great Park and fly package so an obvious choice.

Interior & rooms are the same as other premier inns but considering it's size & location, I would have expected better facilities. There are only four lifts to service 13 floors & over 900 rooms. After a three hour drive we had to wait 20 minutes in a spatae & unmanned area before we could evet get to reception to check in. Then had to repeat the waiting process to get to our room. the lifts are standard size so it's difficult to get people AND their luggage in. There were two of us each with two weeks worth of luggage and we took up half the space in the lift, thankfully the other three people only had weekend cases. Our room key didn't work so had to run down 10 flights of stairs to rectify that, & then run back up because it was quicker than waiting for the lift. Guy on the desk was really helpful but alluded to it being a problem on the whole floor & specifically for people who had checked in using the quick check computers rather than the desk. Would have thought they'd address that if they knew it was an issue.

Restaurant was standard but service was excellent & prompt. Would stay here again simply because of its proximity to the terminal & the park & fly package.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Folkestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Premier Inn location last summer before an early flight, so knowing that it was cheap, across the street from the North Terminal and decent service, I booked again. I checked in just before 10pm and was out again by 5am. Still a great stay!

On arrival, I wasn't so much as "helped" with checking in, but made to feel welcome. Upon arriving in my room (407, I think?) I noticed that I had tea but no coffee in the room. I called down to reception to request a couple packets of coffee and it was at my door in less than 3 minutes. Last time we found other guests liked to slam their doors regardless of time of day, which while that isn't the hotels fault it wasn't the greatest...no issue this time. Either I was surrounded by people without early flights, empty rooms or just other considerate travellers.

In the morning I simply handed in my key card, told the guy my room number and was on my way.

I don't know why anyone would stay at a more expensive Gatwick hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank wherelolawent
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Wonderful to get off a flight and walk across the road to our favourite Gatwick hotel. Great view from the 9th floor. Twin room - 1 very comfortable bed and 1 very uncomfortable bed. Liked the quality bed linen. Do not like the shower being in the bath as the bath feels slippery under foot and it could be dangerous getting out of the bath. Would like to be able to open the window a small amount. Don't be fooled with the nice-sounding breakfast in the menu! It isn't. Poor quality food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple