“Storm stay October 2013”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Me and my family! Stayed here the night before the "great storm" October 2013
The check in was Smooth! The Staff were GREAT!
The beds were comfy!
The View was the BEST! 7th floor!
We will defo return shortly!!
100% happy
The only criticism is the shower could have been more powerful to wake you up in the morning!

Room Tip: High room to view the planes!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for posting a review on your stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal. It’s great to hear that you were 100% happy with your stay, your bed was comfy and you had a good view. I’m delighted to hear that you will return to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

A night spent there after 12 days touring was the perfect choice. Comfortable rooms, friendly staff and a nice bar and restaurant. Even a terrace for smokers, which was great as weather was beautiful. Then just a walk across the road to the terminal, couldn't be easier. I would recommend this. As well as the Premier Inn chain in general, we stayed there throughout our trip and were never really disappointed.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Having toured the UK it was time to fly to Europe. Stayed at this hotel because it was close to the airport. Train from London to Gatwick.. easy. Hotel access... easy, staff friendly, room clean and neat, evening meal and breakfast deal excellent value.
Limited Wifi, but got by. Really pleasant stay, and quiet.

Room Tip: High floor have a view, but the view is limited anyway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Booked two double rooms for our summer holiday to Las Vegas and Orlando. Arrived at the hotel to find the hotel was extremely busy due to the beginning of the school holidays. Hotel reception is on level two so with only a small selection of elevators it takes forever to get to level two as the lifts accommodate the room levels at the same time. We took the stairs as much quicker. Checked in via a kiosk in reception. A lovely big reception area with lots of kiosks which were great! Fast, user friendly and keys quickly produced from the kiosk. The reception and kiosks are on the same level as Costa Coffee and the Restaurant.

Room 422 and 429 was awaiting our presents. On arrival to room 429 a large stain dripped all over the carpet by the wardrobe unit was found. Not sure what the stain was but didn't look great. Popped down to reception just as popping over to the terminal for food to let the reception staff know. Customer service wasn't the best with no real apology of the issue - they looked at my mum in a way that suggested she was making it up!
Having booked two rooms under one booking reference I would expected the rooms to be allocated together specially when I paid when making the online booking but on arrival this wasn't the case. After discussing the situation of the stained carpet with 4 different members of staff, no rooms together we kept the room but asked for a full refund on the room which was given.
Rooms were clean and tidy and fairly fresh as the hotel was fairly new. The carpet situation really should haven picked up by house keeping and reported and cleaned before releasing the room. The room contained the usual premier inn amenities in the room.

On a positive note I received a phone call in the morning of checking in asking me if I would like to make a reservation for dinner in the hotel restaurant which I thought was amazing and a very nice touch!

Costa coffee was fab as always - you can't beat a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows before bed :)

Restaurant looked busy and the food looked good but we had popped to Giraffe in the south terminal for some dinner.

Apart from the poor customer service encountered with the carpet situation the hotel was great and no other complaints. If you like an easy, quick and efficient way of checking in and not having to speak to anyone the kiosks are great!

I would recommend this hotel with its good value for money when booked in advance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank CelebrityX1985
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I used to stear clear of early flights but they no longer bother me as a night in the premier inn is so reasonable and such a pleasure. This one is minutes to the check in desk but you would never know in it the lovely quiet rooms. I do not know what they do to make their staff so friendly and enthusiastic but they should bottle it, it would sell for a fortune. My check in buddy had me all sorted in minutes and gave me recommendations for next years holiday. The staff were so anxious about the slight wait for the lifts I thought they might join hands and carry us all upstairs. What I really like about premier inn is that they are so consistent compared to other budget chains. I was only sorry my flight was too early for their excellent breakfast. Last time I had an early flight from gatwick I paid twice as much for the Ibis and it was no where near as good.

Room Tip: Book in advance for best deals, they quote quite a price for walk ins
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for posting your review on Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am delighted to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and enthusiastic during your stay and you were checked quickly. It is great to hear that your room was lovely and quiet. I am glad you found your stay so reasonable and pleasurable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay again in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

In a great location just a short walk from the North Terminal. Clean room, good air conditioning and it was so quiet! For a place on top of the airport with people coming and going at all hours they've done a great job with the soundproofing. Oh and I want a mattress like that at home too.. Valet Car Parking booked online with the room was really easy, really close and good value too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to hear that you found our Sleep Park Fly package to be really easy, really close and good value.
I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be in a great quiet location. I am glad your room was clean, quiet and with good air conditioning. With reference to our Hypnos mattresses, they are available to purchase through our website.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay again in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Premier Inn at Gatwick was excellent, great price, superb location and facilities, super comfortable bed and a pleasant, clean room. I was there for a night before a very early flight and it was perfect!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

I am delighted to hear that you thought the hotel was excellent, in a superb location and at a great price. It is great to hear that you had a pleasant, clean room with a super comfortable bed.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to stay again in future.