“Where is the management?”
Review of K2 Crawley

K2 Crawley
Ranked #11 of 32 things to do in Crawley
More attraction details
Owner description: K2 Crawley is operated by Freedom Leisure on behalf of Crawley Borough Council. The K2 is one of the leading leisure facilities is in the South of England offering a 50 metre swimming pool, indoor rock climbing, state of the art gym and conference rooms.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have to visit k2 several times a week as my children do various hobbies here, and frankly it is a disgrace.
Bearing in mind, it is a relatively new and purpose built facility- There is no where near enough parking spaces. Whoever designed the car park should lose their job.
( Apparently it was supposed that people would use the fast bus system. Well, that is an absolute joke as well, most of us don't have all day to get to one place and then back home again, so how is that going to work exactly?
It would have been MUCH BETTER to use the fast track for bikes instead of those stupid buses.)

There are regularly huge tailbacks to get IN the car park, caused by a couple of dullards at the entrance asking people what they are doing there, and even in "members parking", ( as we have a family membership) you are asked to explain yourself, and told not to stay too long what a cheek!
I have never seen the presence of a duty manager, I imagine they just sit in an office all day, but they should be out on the floor, making themselves visible, answering customer concerns, seeing the poor service and facilities for themselves.
The cafe staff are embarrassingly shoddy. No smiles, no welcome, often teenagers chatting in the kitchen with a queue of people.
The place is not particularly clean.
No one I know likes the layout of the main pool changing rooms. It is interesting that at a private gym club they don't arrange their changing facilities like this- tiny little "cages" that are dirty and cramped, and with the overhead bars make you feel like there are perverts waiting to look over as you change.
The upstairs gym is adequate, but the music for the classes was so loud I only ever did one, and the music in the gym was so loud and bad I know people who left because of it, even though they complained. Unfortunately, no one actually cares.
As soon as my children have finished doing their hobbies here, I will be delighted to never use this place again.

6  Thank TeamSproston

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Don't make a special trip here, as you will be disappointed. The pool is OK, but the changing facilities poor and dirty. the sports courts are also OK, but the biggest let down is the catering facilities / cafe - or rather lack of..........overpriced and poor quality and unable to cater for any moderate numner of users. The facility in general is tired and in need of some maintenance.

3  Thank S C
Reviewed 19 May 2014

liked the athletics track and the badminton and squash courts zlatan ibrahimovic zlatan ibrahimovic zlatan ibrahimovic

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Although the facilities at K2 are superb, the catering establishment leaves a lot to be desired. Having spend all weekend in the centre for a national twirling competition, the only complaint I have are the facilities at the café. They knew that there were going to be very busy all weekend due to the umber of girls and spectators expected, and I felt the staff were very abrupt and very unhelpful. The other thing that let the centre down was to state of the toilet facilities. They were a disgrace and I don't feel that they were checked on a regular basis as many of the toilets were blocked or there was no toilet tissue available to use.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I use the badminton courts from time to time, it is potentially a very nice place for badminton but a massive let down on how the courts are maintained. As a new New Year regime, I starting taking my niece there to play badminton, about once a week, as the title suggests, the floor is often very dirty causing it to be very slippery.

It is not always like this, a couple of times we went, the floor looked like it had been swept and it was nice to play badminton on. However, yesterday was the worst I've ever experienced anywhere, and I've played regularly up and down the country and outside of the UK for over 25 years! The floor was covered with visible black dirt, I twisted my knee, my niece fell over several times. We looked at our adjacent court and the guys next to us were falling over constantly.

I can understand that as the day goes by, the public bring in dirt when they use the hall; however, it just needs sweeping more often and then it would be a fine venue! I really hope this aspect will improve because it really doesn't take that much to make a big impact.

3  Thank AvermaC