“Business evening meal”

Ranked #58 of 262 Restaurants in Crawley
Price range: US$25 - US$38
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Mo Lin, a favourite Chinese restaurant in Crawley, West Sussex, serving the best in authentic Chinese cuisine. For a new standard in Chinese, try Mo Lin, best restaurant for Chinese food and for celebrating your party or anniversary. Our hard work has paid off since our Head Chef returned in 2010, with many loyal customers coming back regularly and recommending us to friends and family, this has resulted in a speedy growth which has continued since we opened.
Marmaris, Turkey
“Business evening meal”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had a table for 11 booked and when we arrived the restaurant was heaving (sat nite) , the service was so slow and we ended up waiting for nearly 50 minutes just for the starters, the food itself was very nice, but we were so hungry by the time our food arrived, more of the starter arrived half an hour after the first dishes, so by the time everything was eaten half the table were full and didn't order any main dishes, . I would eat here again but not in a large group.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Princesstina69

Ripon, United Kingdom
“Outstanding meal in the best Chinese restaurant ever!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Last night my wife and I took my father and mother in law out for a meal, we happened upon the Mo Lin just up from the city centre and decided to have a quick look through the windows, what we saw was a smart, busy but tidy restaurant so we decided to give it a try.
Well, we were not disappointed from the courteous welcome all the way through to us leaving. The menu was explained, a la carte or all you can eat, drinks ordered then the starters arrived, my in-laws had never had dim sum so I ordered pork and prawn. All I can say is awesome! we then moved on to mains where I had Fried Crab with Garlic & Chilli and father in-law had Lobster Ginger & Spring Onions with Crispy Noodles. Wife and mother in-law went for Chicken in Lemon Sauce and Sweet & Sour Pork served with egg fried rice. cutlery is available to those who have not yet mastered the art of the chop stick.
The sweets available were extremely well presented, tasted very good too.
Over all the restaurant is smart, clean, tidy, well appointed and very attentive staff.
What we found fascinating was watching the TV monitor of the kitchen showing the chefs preparing the meals.
Definitely an outstanding meal, I salute the quality of staff and food where we will definitely be visiting again.
Thank you Mo Lin.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank D1v3ma5t3r
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Terrible service and gets worse every time I go...”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I use this restaurant on a regular basis and recently it's taken a noticeable nose dive in customer service. My last visit took over an hour to get one round of food. Don't go here if your in a rush because they don't care. The time before this was a busy Friday night and I went away from an all you can eat buffet still hungry. We basically got told we could have no food because they were busy. This is not your customers problem. The good is excellent and is the only reason I keep coming back. Rude and abrasive staff which is a shame because it used to be a nice place to go.

• Visited May 2014
“Getting worse”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I used to like this restaurant, but it is getting worse each time I am eating there.
Long wait for the service and dishes. The staff barely speaks english and seems to not be interested in doing their job - they are standing behind the counter and gossip instead of pay attention to the guest. Very poor quality of food - you can go to supermarket for some frozen chinese stuff and prepare it at home, you won't taste the difference.
The drinks we get there was the worst I have ever had.

They have an All You Can Eat option for around 15 pounds per person. Last time we went for that one, waited very long for service and was informed they are going to close in 20 minutes, so we were having our mains in rush when the staff was clearing the restaurant. Why nobody informed us on the entrance?

• Visited April 2014
Crawley, United Kingdom
“What's happened to this restaurant?”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

3rd and last time I will order a takeaway from here, on all three occasions I have had to complain about the food, this used to be the best in Crawley I now rate it as one of the worst.

Visited April 2014