“Excellent”

Southgate Fish and Chips
Ranked #54 of 271 Restaurants in Crawley
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Best one in Crawley. Very friendly staff and perfect fish and chips. I would highly recommend to try it first and taste the difference from other places you might have had.

2  Thank SGWoodhams

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Having tried other fish and chips in the area I thought I would give this place a try as its local to me.

I ordered a small cod and chips and to my surprise the cod was really big. I was expecting a small cod with loads of batter and oil but what I got was actually really nice.
The price is also very cheap so really good value for money. Will be coming back.
They also do offers and promotions. My order was more than £5 so I got a free sausage.

1  Thank Johnny c
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The best Fish N Chips in the whole of Crawley and maybe even for quite a few miles either side of the Town. Fish always fresh and freshly cooked - not drenched in oil like alot of other Fish N Chip shops. Always courteous and the queue outside speaks for itself.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This outlet is quite new. It opened about 4 or 5 months ago. A Chinese family run the place (no pun intended) and having eaten their take-aways three times I can hoestly say that they know exactly what to deliver and how to deliver it.

The menu is pretty much the same as chippies across Crawley (although they have added deep fried Mars bar to the bill of fare). Portions are very generous and the cod and haddock was fried to perfection - they got it exactly right.

Fish is cooked to order and the chips are fine. Very friendly service from Ma & Pa and their kids, who I guess are students. It's a brave step to open a new business at this point in the economic cycle but I reckon if they can keep up the quality they will be OK.

1  Thank MikePickett
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I live the other side of town, but love this chip shop. Its the BEST in Crawley!!!

Wholeheartedly agree with previous comments. Food is fresh and cooked to order, the staff are lovely - friendly and professional. I have always had lovely fish - non-greasy, thick, with lovely batter. The chips are non-greasy and always a generous portion!

The only downside is the lack of parking outside - which is not their fault.