“Excellent value for money!”
Review of Le Cordon Vert

Le Cordon Vert
Ranked #158 of 271 Restaurants in Crawley
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Have eaten here many times - cafe and bistro nights The staff who run it are great, and the students who are learning on the job both in the restaurant and kitchen are friendly and accommodating Great value for money!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My Girlfriend and I went for a Thursday night bistro, and the value and quality of food can't be beaten. The service is enthusiastic and engaging, although could do with a bit more polish, but really adds to the enjoyment of the evening!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

A group of seven of us had a midweek lunch here to celebrate our workmate’s 40th birthday and it was an absolute pleasure. What makes this restaurant so special is that everything is cooked and prepared by students at Central Sussex College. On this basis, you have to bear in mind that everyone from the waiters to the cooks are still learning the trade. So the food and the service certainly come with a few quirks! However, this is all part of the fun.

We were served enormous bread rolls (apparently they had been over-proved!) but they were delicious all the same. I then had a starter of parsnip and apple soup, with a generous helping of croutons. Many of my friends opted for a starter of poached egg on toast with bacon sauce. Not only did this look stunning, it also ticked all the boxes on taste and everyone was raving about it.
My main was chicken with a great selection of fresh veg and most of my friends chose the beef goulash. If the clean plates were anything to go by, I think it’s safe to say all the main courses were superb. We were simply too full to have ordered desserts, but if we had I am sure it would have been of an equally high standard.

You won’t get better quality food at such a low price anywhere else in town. The waiting staff are a little unpolished, but they are of course here to learn. It is lovely to see young people trying so hard to pick up new skills and they are more than happy to chat with you about how they are getting on. Yes, they may take a couple of tries to get to grips with dishing up the veg, and there might be a little more ice in your glass than you bargained for, but that is all part of Le Cordon Vert’s charm.

1  Thank Sunmaidgirl
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I had a very good meal last night. The carvery was great and excellent value for money.
It certainly saved me from cooking. I can't wait for the next themed night

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have eaten in Le Cordon Vert with my family on a Tuesday themed evening and also on the Thursday Bistro night, as well as for lunch occasionally. The quality of the food is good and the prices are unbeatable. The service can sometimes be a bit interesting, but after all, this is a training restaurant and the students are there to learn their craft under supervision so it's not always going to be perfect, but actually you do feel like you're giving something back as well as enjoying a great meal!