3,945 results
All reviews wet room vip room no window touch screen south terminal an early flight controlled by a tablet windowless room vista room rooms are small monsoon shower air con high tech bunk beds runway view floor space large tv
Reviewed 12 July 2016

We arrived at Bloc Hotel at 2:45PM. We were informed by the front desk clerk that they do not allow check in until 4:00PM. His attitude was not at all friendly and we felt he could care less about the customer. We went to the coffee café just across from the hotel's open lobby to wait and have a snack and a coffee. About 30 minutes later I noticed a customer at the hotels check in counter that was being checked in by 2 different employees.I went over and asked them if we could check in and they said yes of course. Mind you it is not 4:00PM yet! I think the other person who told us we couldn't check in was at the end of his shift and didn't want to do his job.
We had reserved one of the corner rooms with a king bed and a view. Room was average in size and was very modern in design with an IKEA motif. Bed was comfortable room very clean. Bathroom lighting was very poor. There were no towels at all in the room. There was a young girl from housekeeping cleaning a room down the hall so I went to her and told her we had no towels. She said no English so I picked up a towel from her cart and said no towels. She followed me back to our room to look and then said sorry and went to her cart and got us all of the towels we needed.
We will not stay here again mainly because they do not have good customer service/relations. It is handy to be in the airport but I would not let that be a deciding factor.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rebecca W, Manager at BLOC Hotel Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of BLOC Gatwick.
I’m pleased that you did enjoy our rooms here at BLOC, finding them comfortable, clean and in a handy location.
I’m naturally disappointed therefore that our customer service on this occasion has meant you are reluctant to use the brand again. Firstly, please let me assure you that all of our team members here constantly strive to achieve the best for our guests. I investigated your review and I can see that you were booked into one of our VIP rooms here at BLOC, of which we have only 7, which can sometimes mean (prior to our official check in time), the rooms are still in service. That said, we work closely with our housekeeping department to ensure, in the event a guest does arrive early, we offer a suitable time frame to get the room ready and converse this to the guest. I can see that on this occasion we fell a little short on this aspect, and instead of feeling informed you felt that we didn’t care about your reservation- which was certainly not the case at all. In fact, the reason your room was ready 30 minutes later was because the receptionist had immediately contacted housekeeping to fast track your room so that your expectations were maintained. I appreciate, however, in the lack of knowledge of this, how the whole situation could have been perceived, and I can only apologise and assure you that we will be using this review as a platform for retraining- so I do thank you for bringing it to my attention.
In relation to your towels, as the room was being prepared as soon as we could, I can only assume the Housekeepers were finishing up your room as you were checked in. That said, I am pleased one of our team were able to assist you once you realised the problem.
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review, please do contact me on rebeccaw@blochotels.com should you ever need accommodation in Gatwick again and I’ll be more than happy to personally look into this for you. I do hope my thorough engagement and explanation of your review demonstrates that our service to our guests is of paramount importance to us and, with that in mind, I do hope to hear from you soon and welcome you back to BLOC.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

Stayed here due to late night flight back and didn't fancy driving straight back. Like Ronseal does exactly what is says on the tin for an Airport hotel. So convenient as in south terminal so no need for shuttle buses etc, check in at reception, take the lift and within a really short time in your room. Small room but fine for what is needed, we actually had a view of airport runway high tec everything operated from tablet on wall including lights, tv, blinds, alarm etc. Good wi fi

Really good shower, not a lot of room but fine. Staff were pleasant only niggle was in morning the lifts were really busy used by non guests who seemed to have worked out reliable and convenient but apart from that very enjoyable stop over at a reasonable price, would definitely recommend

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matty07uk
Sarah O, Manager at BLOC Hotel Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Thank you very much for your brilliant review of BLOC Hotel after your recent night with us at Gatwick.
It is a real pleasure to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay at BLOC. As you mention, our standard rooms are compact as we have prioritised great quality beds, fixtures and fittings over the idea of lots of floor space, in order to provide a really good value for money night at a central airport hotel.
Unfortunately, we do not have control over the use of the lifts and I am sorry that they were particularly busy when you wanted to use them. Obviously this is not always the case and I hope that next time you come and stay at BLOC that this will not be an issue.
We are always grateful to be highly recommended, thank you, we look forward to welcoming you back to BLOC Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

Great location, you can get out of bed and be in departures in minutes. Check-in very fast. Rooms large enough for two with luggage. Large comfortable bed, large TV and wet room. Very clean.

If you have an early flight, this is an ideal way to save the stress of an early morning rush to the airport.

Wetherspoons bar and Giraffe restaurant on the same floor as hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank tarka00
Reviewed 12 July 2016

I thought this was a pretty awesome find. I had an early (6.10) flight so wanted to stay at Gatwick the night before. I arrived at around 10pm and check in took a matter of about 30 seconds. The room is excellently designed - great shower, comfortable and large bed and flat screen TV. I liked that they also gave you two water bottles and fluffy white towels - little things but important touches that make it a quality experience. Anyway, bottom line was the alarm went off at 4.55 and I made my flight at the North terminal with no issues. Ideal for a solo business traveler in my opinion.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank edo260

Thank you for your fabulous review after your recent stay with us at BLOC Hotel Gatwick. The vast majority of our guests are, like you, looking for a place to stay overnight either after a late night flight or before an early morning flight and are looking for comfort and convenience as top priorities. We have therefore focussed on those essentials that will mean a great night's sleep with King-sized beds, luxury bed linens and towels, lovely monsoon shower, large HD TV's and free WiFi. Add to this top-quality sound-proofing and a friendly and welcoming staff team and we hope that we have got BLOC just right!
I am delighted that you felt that BLOC provided you with the perfect experience of a night in an airport hotel and that you caught your flight with no trouble.
Next time that you need to stay at Gatwick we look forward to welcoming you back to BLOC Hotel Gatwick.

Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

from the check in to check out a thoroughly enjoyable overnight stay , ideal if you have that early morning departure or late evening arrival . The room was spotless the bed comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful and you can get discounted food at establishments around the airport explained in a handy brochure in your room .I will definitely stay here again .

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 870rogerd

Dear Roger, very many thanks for your wonderful, positive review following your recent stay with us at BLOC Hotel Gatwick. We have made it an absolute priority for rooms to be pristine and for our staff to offer a warm and enthusiastic welcome to all our guests, so I am glad that these were a couple of features that really stood out during your visit.
It is a pleasure to hear that you will definitely be returning to stay at BLOC Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back then.