Travelodge Crawley Hotel
  • Pool
US$150
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$181
US$163
  • Room Service
US$89
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis London Gatwick Airport(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$88
US$113
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewsmorrisons car parktown centretravel lodgecentral locationcar registrationleisure parkfree car parkinggatwick airportroom was cleanhigh streetfamily roombars and restaurantsbudget hotelpleasant stayexcellent valuewould stay here againtea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Travel Lodge in Crawley. The hotel was located near where I wanted to be. The room's were very clean and comfortable. I would stay here again, the only complaint is i was charged for use of WIFI and I think now all hotel residents should have complimentary WIFI, any hotel i have stayed in previously provided free WIFI so it was abit of a surprise.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed before flying out of Gatwick. Reception staff were polite and efficient in checking me in. Room was spotless and well appointed for a budget hotel chain. Bed was very comfortable and overall I had a good nights stay

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here 4/7/2014 for one night. The reception area was very clean. We were on the 5th floor which is the top of the lodge which we were glad of but unfortunately there were family rooms on this floor! There were children running up and down the corridor until after 10pm which was extremely annoying it's not a play area!!! The doors were another issue, the door closers didn't seem to be working on some of the doors so as a result of this they banged shut instead of closing quietly. The room itself was compact but it was only for one night. The bed was kingsize as stated so that was a plus. The bathroom had a shower which is good but the shower curtain had dirt on the bottom also there wasn't anywhere in the shower to put anything so I had to keep opening the curtain to reach for my things. There wasn't any hand washing soap only a small bottle of hair and shower liquid so we used that to wash our hands. This is a very conveniently placed travelodge as it's right in the town centre so there are plenty of places to eat and drink and the cinema is 5minutes walk away. The staff that we spoke to were all very pleasant and although we didn't use the car park it was free so that's a bonus for a town centre travelodge. All in all I would stay here again but I'd like to be as far away as possible from the family rooms..

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon A
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed here from June 30th for 3 nights while on a family visit . We chose this Travelodge as we were able to take our dog with us . £20 for the duration wasn't bad as he was with us and not in a kennel . Just took his bed and put it next to our bed . Had room 313 at the front of the hotel . Even with windows open ( it was hot !) it wasn't noisy . There's a cycle path across the zebra crossing to take your dog for exercise . Room was good with the comfiest bed we've ever slept in away from home . There's no wardrobe just a hanging rail and you have to ask at reception for a hairdryer . Television on the wall and good bathroom with shower . We didn't have a bath in the room . Paid for breakfast which is well worth it , lots of choice and all you can eat . Staff friendly and helpful . Free parking in Morrisons ( great new supermarket ) at spaces specially for the Travelodge and signposted with arrows . Nothing else I can say , it was a good stopping place and friendly other guests . Would use this one again .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arfles1949
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Once upon a time I viewed a stay at a Travelodge with pleasure. It's not a luxury chain, but it was a comfortable, safe, place to spend a night when on the road, or when stopping off to visit family or to overnight on a long holiday trip.
Then I booked my family to spend two nights at Gatwick Travelodge. Unhelpful staff, beds not made - we went back to reception and were given the linen and firm instructions to do it ourselves and a breakfast that took two hours because they only had enough crockery and cutlery to do half the customers at a time, and food that was non-existent. I firmly vowed to never darken their doors again.
Last week we had to make a family visit to Horsham at short notice. The new Travelodge in Crawley town center was the only hotel with rooms available. I briefed the family, took a deep breath and made the booking. Despite the Travelodge website sending us to a Community College (Get your personalised directions from Google maps next time) the Hotel was easy to find. Work taking place at the car park entrance meant I had to go round the block once, but when in the huge car park, Travelodge spaces were clearly marked, and CCTV is in evidence.
We made our way to the front desk, and were met by recent recruit Kevin.
What a difference! He made absolutely sure we knew where everything was, explained how to access the locks (keycards do everything) and assured us we had ready-made beds awaiting us. Efficient and personable, he was just right to put us at ease. The beds are comfy, the rooms clean, and relatively quiet (some traffic noise).
The rest of the staff were the same as Kevin: the Duty Manager (Chris?) was indefatiguable, despite some awful hours, and was even the right sort of cheerful at breakfast. The breakfast was, like many "budget" arrangements, a help-yourself affair, which we love. The food was all good, and the hot food was done in small batches, so we always had something fresh.
All in all, the team at Crawley have won us back to Travelodge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family