“Great Budget Hotel, handy for Gatwick”

Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
“Great Budget Hotel, handy for Gatwick”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed here the night before I flew from Gatwick. The hotel is around 5 miles from the Airport and took under 10 minutes to get there the next morning. Had free parking and 30 minutes free Wifi. The bedrooms are comfortable, typical Premier inn, staff were friendly, they have a bar and restaurant on site. It was hot the night I stayed, there was a fan in the bedroom, the window only opened half way, there was some road noise, at the front of the hotel but I still slept okay. Would definitely recommend to others, takes the stress away from having to get up and drive a long distance to the airport, and got the room at a great rate too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
CrawleyEast, Manager at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am pleased that you had a stress free start to your trip with our comfortable rooms and friendly staff. The free parking and on site Thyme Restaurant and Bar also take some of the stress out of the day after along journey.

Kind Regards

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Hull
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed for one night with 2 children. From the moment of arrival the staff were very friendly and communicated with all of us, including the children. It seemed that nothing was too much trouble.

We stayed in a family room and the main bed was huge and very comfortable. We were expecting a sofa bed and was very surprised to find 2 single beds meaning the children could sleep separately. The room was very clean and included what was necessary.

The breakfast was great value, especially as the children ate for free, and again the staff were very friendly and engaged well with the children. There was a great choice of food to eat.

Overall a fantastic stay with very friendly staff and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend a stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
CrawleyEast, Manager at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

It is nice to hear the Teams praises being sung, I know they enjoy interacting with all our guests and do like to make children feel included and comfortable during their stay.

We will be switching to sofa beds after our refurbishment later this year.

I am pleased your family enjoyed the great choice of food at breakfast in our Thyme Restaurant, with 2 children eating free, with every adult who has our all you can eat Premier breakfast.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

After two nights stay in room with temperatures ranging from 30.5 - 32.5 degrees in the bedroom, which was unbearable for my wife and child, we were not offered our money back under the good night guarantee.
The assistance from staff in resolving the problem was poor to inadequate.
this is now the second time that we have had the same problem at different Premier Inn Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I apologise for the fact that you felt the staff response to the hot rooms during the recent heat wave to be inadequate and for the fact that you were not offered your money back under our good night guarantee. Please contact me at the hotel on 01293590750 so I can resolve this issue for you.

Kind Regards

nottingham
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Always stay in this Premier Inn. Staff always so helpful to us, friendly and welcoming.
Thanks as always must got to Chris, Kara, Matt and Ant for their outstanding help as always.
See you all again soon

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

Chris, Kara, Matt, Ant and the rest of the Team thank you for your kind words. It is always good to know that the Team at Crawley Town West are so friendly, welcoming and helpful.

Malham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed here during the hot spell in July, there is no air conditionoing, there is a rattley old fan in the room, if you are at the front of the hotel and leave the window open there is a lot of road noise and the bloody pigeons from 4am, I stay in Premiers throughout the UK on a more or less weekly basis but I wont stay here again in the summer, winter might be OK.
I had a bar meal, burger and chips, this was only OK, with undercooked chips and a tasteless burger.
Staff were very pleasant though.
Could I have claimed my free night as I didnt get any sleep due to noise and heat, I did not try but perhaps I should have done.

Room Tip: Stay away in summer and if poss get a room at the rear away from the busy main road you will then be...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am pleased that Kara and the Team welcomed you back so warmly and were able to accommodate you in your preferred room.

It is always good to hear that our rooms are of such a high standard and that you feel able to recommend this Premier Inn over others.

I look forward to welcoming back again, perhaps before the next Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013

On the hottest day of the year we found out the Premier Inn had NO air conditioning and the way to resolve a hot room was "a bucket of ice in front of a fan"!. Seriously! As we were travelling as a family with a child, the nights sleep was uncomfortable at best, interrupted by the squeaky floor of the room above.
Not a Premier Inn I intend to return to.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
England, Uk
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We styed at this Premier Inn in March 2013, and as we were going to the Goodwood Festival of Speed last week decided it was the most convenient venue to stay at again, mainly based on the fact that it had been excellent first time round.
This was definitely confirmed because as soon as we walked in Kara remembered us and gave us a very warm welcome, and very quickly allocated us a quieter upper floor room as requested.
We have stayed in several Premier Inns, finding them to always be of a high standard regarding cleanliness, comfort, availability etc, however Crawley West does excel in all areas and we will definitely return again, and would recommend it to all visitors.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple