“Best Premier Inn I've been at”

Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Bath
“Best Premier Inn I've been at”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is a great place to stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and appear to mean it too! The rooms are big and nicely decorated (new décor I think). I was very comfortable- although I think that the proximity to the road, and lack of air con will mean you can struggle to keep cool on warmer nights. I was OK for this stay though.
You do really have to drive to get anywhere from this location, but if that doesn't bother you then it is a good fit.
The restaurant is built in to the Premier Inn rather than being a Brewer's Fayre or Beefeater, which feels nice.
Overall it was a great couple of nights stay- there is always room for improvement (air con needs adding, wardrobe is fiddly to get things in and out of) but it does deserve a top rating compared to the other Premier Inns in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RichieJB
CrawleyEast, Manager at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am pleased that you found the Team here to be genuinely friendly and helpful and the room to be big and nicely decorated. Our in-house Thyme Restaurant does feel nice, being able to get a meal and drink without having to leave the hotel, even to cross a car park to an adjacent pub.

I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Weston super Mare
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

As seasoned Premier Inn enthusiasts, we booked this for £29, the night before our flight to Orlando.
The room had been upgraded but unfortunately no air conditioning added, hence a rather warm night, although there was a fan and we were provided with iced water and offered sheets.
We opted to sleep with the window open which was not ideal as it is on the dual carriageway, so noisy traffic until late evening. However we were both refreshed for our mid morning flight.
The Thyme restaurant served adequate quality food although pricey.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sweeperman
Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am pleased to read that you are seasoned Premier Inn enthusiasts and managed to get a £29 room and that you were both refreshed after your nights sleep. As you point out, we do not have air-conditioning in our rooms but fans, iced water and sheets are offered by the Team to help guests sleep comfortably during spells of hot weather.
The menu in our Thyme Restaurant has been reviewed and is now more competitively priced.

I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Northampton
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Overall I would recommend this hotel. It is modern and clean and great value.
I agree with all previous reviewers that the recent renovation has been great. Everything is new and fresh.

Only critisisms are the free wifi only being for half an hour and we could only use one device at a time.

We failed to get the room cool enough even with the provided fan. I assume this is an a/c issue. Mind you, this was the hottest day of the year. Conseqiently my wife didnt sleep too well although myself and our two kids slept ok. Maybe I should have used the hotels sleep guarantee scheme ?

Overall I would still recommend this hotel and would be happy to return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank levo69
Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am pleased to read that you would recommend this hotel with it’s clean, fresh, new rooms. There are 3 Premier Inns in the Gatwick area that do have air-conditioned rooms.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Eastbourne, East Sussex
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Arrived at around 4pm and check in was really quick as I had already pre paid. The two members of staff that were on reception were really friendly. I use to work for Premier Inn and found out we knew a lot of the same people!
So got to my room which was at the back of the hotel on the 2nd floor and it was lovely, very quiet. It was a refurbished room which was very clean and very comfortable and for £35 for the night I thought was excellent value. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bunny15
Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am pleased to hear that you found your room to be clean and very comfortable and that the Reception Team to be really friendly.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

stayed at the hotel on a Sunday night before an early flight at Gatwick, on arrival excellent treatment and room was very nice, you know what you get in these hotels all very similar from town to town but super friendly staff, even in the restaurant on an unusually busy Sunday night with the staffing for lower numbers they were great but I would saw the food was average. bar staff was very funny even though a bit rushed, could not wish for better start to our holiday

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank walter h
Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am pleased to read that you found your room to be very nice and the Team super friendly and received excellent treatment during your over night stay. The Team were busy that Sunday but I know they do all that they can to make time for the guests.

I hope you had a great holiday and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Really nice hotel and rooms have just been refurbished to a very good standard.. Staff were very pleasant, especially Dan the manager, who was very friendly in the bar. Only downside was the bed didn't have the mattress topper on, which other premier inns that I have stayed at did. but a brilliant nights stay at this hotel. would definitely use again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Asc_21
CrawleyEast, Manager at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am pleased that Dan and the Team took such good care of you during your stay and you found the rooms to be such a high standard.

We are due to receive mattress toppers later this year as part of Premier Inn’s on going improvement programme.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed over for one night only for a trip to West Sussex. The reception staff here were extremely polite and helpful. The room had been refurbished to a very high standard - definitely 'premier' rather than 'budget' standard.

The attached restaurant was also of a high standard. The restaurant was comfortable, with well presented, good quality food and again the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Only needed Wi-Fi for around 25 minutes - connection was quick and efficient.

As other reviews have already stated, this hotel was impressive in every respect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am delighted to read your kind words regarding the high level of service you received from the team during your stay, finding everyone to be helpful, polite and friendly. The rooms were refurbished last year and it’s great to hear you say how high the standard of the rooms is.

Our Thyme Restaurant is comfortable and the food well presented and good quality.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards