“£29 for a overnight stay here... Bargain!!”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 12 May 2011

This hotel is set in beautiful grounds surrounded by greenery & after arriving lunchtime on a very sunny day we just relaxed on one of the benches. We ate at the onsite restaurant & the food was beautiful. There is no shops nearby so if you have children take snacks with you. We went down to reception to ask for a Iron & ironing board & they were brought straight to our room, the rooms are a good size with a tv, kettle nice size bathroom. This hotel is far enough away from the airport you don't hear any noise, but close enough to be there in ten minutes (in the morning), The hotel had actually emailed me a couple of weeks before we were due to stay there to say that they had a function on that evening & to let them know if we required a quiet room I did just that & we had a room towards the back of the hotel overlooking a little garden (which was lovely looking out the window all evening there was at least 10 rabbits playing!), we didn't hear any noise whatsoever. We booked the taxi through the hotel so it only cost £8.50 & was there exactly on time with no problems. The halls are a bit dated you sort of feel like your in a maze when your walking through them & the floorboards are a bit wonky but that's the only thing I can say slightly bad about it. have already recommended this hotel to my Mum who is going on holiday later in the year. Would definitely stay here again

Management response:Responded 19 May 2011

What fantastic comments, thank you so very much.
I do hope we see you again in the future, and look forward to your mother's stay later in the year.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,597)

Reviewed 6 May 2011

We often stay in a premier inn we find them to be good value, we only paid £29 the staff was very helpful,the beds very large and comfy, our holiday started as soon as we walked through the door. We had a very nice meal in the restaurant it was very good value. The taxi was expensive but would stay again we liked it better than gatwick central it was more relaxing.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 19 May 2011

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we do our best to make sure our guests have a great experience.
The taxi company we use offers the best value in the area, please remember to call us in future if you need a cab from the airport to us, and avoid the expensive airport taxis.

Reviewed 5 May 2011

Needed a room close to Gatwick in between flights. This was an excellent choice. Friendly staff and a clean, comfortable room. Food in the restaurant (Dinner and Breakfast) were good value and reasonably priced. Shuttle from the airport was not quite as described by the hotel when I called but got me there. I returned on a local bus to collect someone from the airport later that afternoon and it was both cheaper, quicker and a more frequent service (No 1 if I remember correctly). I paid £29 for the room for two. Excellent value and the breakfast (more than adequate) was about £5 each. Great value - will most definitely stay again. Large flowering Magnolia in the entrance courtyard summed up the relaxed atmosphere of the hotel.

Room Tip: A room at the back, away from the Function rooms.
Management response:Responded 10 May 2011

Many thanks for your very kind comments. To be in such a lovely location, when we are so close to the airport , is a big asset to the business.
We do receive many favourable comments about having the traditional pub-restaurant next door to us, and I shall be delighted to pass your's onto them.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2011

The gatwick manor restuarant is very good value for money

Room Tip: They are all good
1  Thank jetsetter60
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Stayed for one night before departing for our holiday, great location. Total of 4 rooms booked and all travellers expressed how friendly and efficient the staff were, not only on arrival but departure as well. Staff very knowledgeable when asked specific questions without having to refer to text books. All travellers stated how clean their rooms were along with comfy beds, a relaxing start to our holiday. Will use again when travelling out of Gatwick without question.

1  Thank jinnyb06
Management response:Responded 9 May 2011

I am so very glad you all enjoyed your stay with us, and feel I can be justifiably proud of my reception and housekeeping teams.
We all look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 27 April 2011

The staff are very polite and efficient, the room was immaculate with more than adequate facilities. Although it is near the airport we were not bothered by noise from the planes. The restaurant is pleasant and the food is excellent .

Management response:Responded 4 May 2011

Your very kind comments are much appreciated and I shall be delighted to pass them on to my team members.
The restaurant benefited from a makeover last year, we hear many favourable comments about their meals.
Please do come again, we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2011

From the time I booked in, this hotel offered the best you could wish for. Really professional and helpful staff; quick booking-in, with big smiles, and a very warm welcome (thanks everyone!).

My stay was for one night as I was attending a party at the Hall. My room was lovely, clean and very comfortable, everything your TV advert says. The grounds were very pretty and my little grandsons had a lovely time exploring them. especially the little river.

For the price I paid, this trip was very good value for money and a very pleasant experience. WELL DONE PREMIER! Your hotels will be the first I look for when I go anywhere else in this country, Ireland, Wales or Scotland.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 4 May 2011

Wow! Thank you so much for your fantastic comments, which I shall be delighted to pass on to all concerned.
We are very lucky to have such lovely grounds around the hotel, considering we are so close to the airport. I hope the boys saw the baby rabbits and the ducklings.
We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.