Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Another good stay at a premier inn. Rooms clean and comfortable. Good nights sleep. Breakfast reasonable but like alot of buffet breakfasts unsure how long the hot breakfasts are out for.
There is a shuttle bus to and from the terminal but it is cheaper to get the bus from outside the hotel, and found more guests were using this as the shuttle bus can go round the houses a bit.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
ManagerGAS, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and to thank you for your kind words.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and can assure you that the breakfast we offer in our resteraunt is of a very high quality and meets very high hygene standards.

Once again thank you for your comments and we certainly hope to welcome you back with us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel

Reviewed 25 November 2011

I have just returned from staying in this Premier Inn and what a Surprise from the moment we arrived a greeting from Melissa on Reception with a great big smile ..I asked if it was possible to get an Iron & Ironing Board no problem I had just got to the room put my bags down and Hey Presto !! yes it arrived again the deliverer was smiling ...I then looked at the drinks which were Complimentry and noticed there wasnt any Decaff ..so I called Reception hey Presto again 2 mins max I had a Handful delivered ....
I went downstairs and asked for local Eateries I was shown where and what times this was getting better by the minute I decided as I had a long journey down that I would try the Hotels food what a surprise a they had a great 2 course or 3 course for £10 & £13 pounds I opted for the 2 Course which I had the Mushrooms in a pepper Garlic Sauce served with Garlic Bread and a rocket side salad which was Yummy.....I then decided I would try the Seafood Platter for main which was cooked to perfection my Collegue opted for the Pate starter and Lasagne which was so nice she had it again the following night on the last night I opted for the 70z Sirlion I asked for rare /Medium and it came exactly that I couldnt have asked for it any better ..what was really special was they had a lovely roaring log fire on the go pleanty of staff who were all looking after their tables this was definatly up there with the 5* service and as a I travel Regular this for me has been the best Hotel for years and they deserve a slap on the back and I would just like to say to all the staff in the Breakfast room as well I have never had such a wide choice from the Healthy conscious to the full on English nobody would not eat here they had the works and fresh and hot I hope it will still be like this next year as I intend to stay here again when I fly out I will also recommend this to all my clients and as I work in the tourism Industry I frequent many places but this has my vote for this year

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
ManagerGAS, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

What a fantastic review, thank you so much for taking the time to write it.
I shall be delighted to forward the relevant comments to the management of the adjoing pub/ restaurant.
We hope to see you again, and that we live up to your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 24 November 2011

The hotel has all the facilities you would expect from a Premier inn.budget hotel. The hotel is clean, the staff are pleasant and helpful (I was looked after by Mohamed), the car parking is good and it is quiet despite being near Gatwick. The adjacent resturant provides food at a reasonable cost.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Martin J

Thank you very much for your kind comments, we do like to make guests feel as comfortable as possible. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

We have stayed at many Premier Inns and have always been happy with the price and quality. The room was spotless and comfortable. We stayed for 1 night prior to flying out on our hols and it was a pleasant experience as usual. No frills, but no rip off prices either. We had A lovely evening meal at a very reasonable cost. The staff were very polite and helpful which we have always found at Premier Inn. You cannot beat it for the price, thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

I am so pleased we have lived up to your expectations of our brand. Please do come and stay with us when you next fly from Gatwick.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

This hotel provides a typical budget experience - good prices, clean and comfortable room, but service from individual staff does not always live up to the advertising hype.
Having read previous reviews it was apparent that if you are arriving by train the best way to get to this hotel is to take up their offer to arrange a specially priced taxi. My advance attempt was rebuffed with a request to phone the hotel on arrival at Gatwick station. Once at the station I was told to phone the cab company direct, but the number provided was temporarily unavailable! I then paid £14 for a taxi to this hotel which according to the company's website is only two miles from the airport (as the crow flies, not as the roads allow). At the hotel the receptionist apologised for the poor service and provided a complimentary return trip - but the stress had already been incurred.
The on-site restaurant was equally dissappointing. The menu looked good, but the first two items ordered were unavailable due to "a football match the previous evening!" It is amazing that a national company cannot plan for the impact of well-publicised busy evenings. At the dessert stage they had no dessert wines until a complaint to the duty manager enabled them to find an unopened case.
In summary, good value overall but at best variable service. I will look elsewhere in future.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

I am very sorry to hear that you were less than satified with your stay here with us. Firstly I would like to apologise for the confusion with the taxi booking service, the reason you were informed to call upon arrival is that no other taxi service is allowed to park and wait at the airport I am afraid. However having said that you should have had a taxi booked for you by one of our members of staff not told to order it for yourself so all I can do is offer my apologies for this issue.

With regards to your comments on the resteraunt please be assured that your comments have been noted down and handed over to the relevant contact and will be looked into to assure this does not happen again. Once again I would like to apologise that you left here unsatisfied and certainly hope that my comments can persuade you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

We booked a discounted rate of £29 which seemed great - but actually given the problems we had, it wasn't so good. The room was very spacious (standard Premier Inn layout) and bathroom included toiletries, towels and a decent shower. Sheets were clean and tea & coffee making facilities were provided. However the floorboards in the room above were extremely creaky and kept us awake all night. Could also have done with some power sockets nearer to the bed - charging a mobile phone means putting it at the other side of the room which isn't great if you use it for an alarm and want to snooze!

Room Tip: 213 has very noisy floorboards above it. If it's occupied, you won't get a good night's...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for writing your comments. I am sorry we disappointed you on this occasion, but hope you will pay us another visit. I will attempt to address the issues you have raised.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

We booked this hotel for a night's stay before going on holiday. Booked this hotel four weeks in advance and chose on the price over other Premiers in the area - we'd already booked valet parking at Gatwick. Usual good Premier Inn standard and, even with the window open, we hardly heard any planes. We heard owls hooting though!

Several things lowered the score – poor lighting in the car park, it was dark when we arrived and there was neither local lighting nor visible signage in the hotel grounds. Talking of sign posts – ignore the hotel’s own directions. We counted the traffic lights and roundabouts and got lost. We went back to the M23 and then counted the roundabouts only and found the hotel with no problems.

At check-in when I said that I’d booked a room for the night, the male receptionist only looked at and spoke to my husband. Not me who was paying, nor when I gave my car registration number.

Having valet parking we had to call the company to let them know we were minutes from the airport – the mobile network reception in the hotel and all the grounds was really poor so we had to drive to a parking bay on the duel carriageway to get a decent signal to make the call.

Having said that the niggles are minor and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I was happy with the ground floor room we had - even felt secure with the window open.
Management response:Responded 2 December 2011

I am very interested in the points you have raised, and will address those within my control.
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments; we hope to see you again.