“Amazing for hotel by airport”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Bridport, United Kingdom
“Amazing for hotel by airport”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Stayed here before early flight. The hotel is set back from the road and is very quiet and secluded. The staff are delightful and helpful. There is a huge free carpark. The rooms are the usual Premier Inn style which is larger than average with all essential amenities and comfortable huge bed. It is only a 5 minute drive to the airport. We got the £29 rate which is amazing for such a high quality hotel so close to a major airport. Even at the full rate this would have been fantastic value. Stronlgy recommended.

Room Tip: Ideally go for back of hotel on 3rd floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Claudio M, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad that you enjoyed the wonderful grounds in which our hotel is set, we are very proud of the fact that we can offer such easy access to the airpot whilst holding the rural feel of a country hotel.

I certainly hope that we will be welcoming you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Devon
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Usual Premier Inn layout and facilities - love it or hate it, you know what to expect. Stayed two single nights either end of a 2 week holiday and whilst the £29 per night seems a good deal once you factor in taxis to/from the airport/rail station the true cost is closer to £50 for a night.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
ManagerGAS, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
I would like to thank you for finding the time to leave your feedback on our hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and although we unfortunately can not control the prices of taxi firms we always try to offer fantastic deals on our rooms on our website.
rochester
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We got a good deal on this hotel and booked it via the internet.Very friendly staff.The rooms are very modern,cosy and clean.
Will definatley book with them again if the price is right.
The rooms do look just like the ones advertised on the tv.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am very glad to hear that you were pleased with not only the price you were able to book for but that the room and the hotel in general lived up to your expectations. I certainly hope that we will be welcoming you back here soon.
UK
Reviewed 27 November 2011

After driving round in circles and getting lost, we eventually arrived at the hotel late evening. it was a perfect overnight stay for an early flight from Gatwick the following morning - only a 15 minute drive from the airport. The check in staff were friendly. The room was clean, spacious and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Best of all, there was no noise from the airport so we had a good nights sleep.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback for our hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the grounds in which we are located, it is something we are all proud of here and like to offer convenient access to the airport without the noise so I am very glad you appreciated this also.
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Ideal airport hotel, friendly staff, quiet nights sleep and taxi booking service

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
ManagerGAS, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this comment.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay here with us and certainly hope we will see you again in the future.
France
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Another good stay at a premier inn. Rooms clean and comfortable. Good nights sleep. Breakfast reasonable but like alot of buffet breakfasts unsure how long the hot breakfasts are out for.
There is a shuttle bus to and from the terminal but it is cheaper to get the bus from outside the hotel, and found more guests were using this as the shuttle bus can go round the houses a bit.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and to thank you for your kind words.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and can assure you that the breakfast we offer in our resteraunt is of a very high quality and meets very high hygene standards.

Once again thank you for your comments and we certainly hope to welcome you back with us again in the future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I have just returned from staying in this Premier Inn and what a Surprise from the moment we arrived a greeting from Melissa on Reception with a great big smile ..I asked if it was possible to get an Iron & Ironing Board no problem I had just got to the room put my bags down and Hey Presto !! yes it arrived again the deliverer was smiling ...I then looked at the drinks which were Complimentry and noticed there wasnt any Decaff ..so I called Reception hey Presto again 2 mins max I had a Handful delivered ....
I went downstairs and asked for local Eateries I was shown where and what times this was getting better by the minute I decided as I had a long journey down that I would try the Hotels food what a surprise a they had a great 2 course or 3 course for £10 & £13 pounds I opted for the 2 Course which I had the Mushrooms in a pepper Garlic Sauce served with Garlic Bread and a rocket side salad which was Yummy.....I then decided I would try the Seafood Platter for main which was cooked to perfection my Collegue opted for the Pate starter and Lasagne which was so nice she had it again the following night on the last night I opted for the 70z Sirlion I asked for rare /Medium and it came exactly that I couldnt have asked for it any better ..what was really special was they had a lovely roaring log fire on the go pleanty of staff who were all looking after their tables this was definatly up there with the 5* service and as a I travel Regular this for me has been the best Hotel for years and they deserve a slap on the back and I would just like to say to all the staff in the Breakfast room as well I have never had such a wide choice from the Healthy conscious to the full on English nobody would not eat here they had the works and fresh and hot I hope it will still be like this next year as I intend to stay here again when I fly out I will also recommend this to all my clients and as I work in the tourism Industry I frequent many places but this has my vote for this year

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
ManagerGAS, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2011
What a fantastic review, thank you so much for taking the time to write it.
I shall be delighted to forward the relevant comments to the management of the adjoing pub/ restaurant.
We hope to see you again, and that we live up to your expectations in the future.