Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Great price and this is the perfect location. We were there for 2 nights before a flight from Gatwick. Was only 10min taxi drive from airport, im sure there is buses but we were too tired to work them out. A 35min walk from cinema, bowling and food and 45min walk from shops. Room was clean, staff were helpful and friendly. Only problem was the room was hot and the plane overhead were too noisy to leave window open so we tried to turn down heating on controls in room but nothing happened and the screen lit up and we couldnt turn it off. Bit of a pain. Breakfast was in Gatwick Manor next to hotel which is a lovely building and food was brilliant.

Room Tip: They told us there might be some noise from hotel function but we heard nothing.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie843
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Dear Guest,

I would first of all like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay here with us.

With regards to the issues you brought up about the heat of the room I can assure you that this is an issue that we are looking into in great detail as we find it tends to be the main issue we encounter here at this hotel and we certainly hope to have it fixed in the near future.

I certainly hope that this has not put you off of staying with us again in the future and I hope we will be welcoming you back with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel

Reviewed 10 July 2012

This hotel is situated in the grounds of the Gatwick Manor Inn where meals can be taken. It is convenient for travellers to and from Gatwick Airport and is on the outskirts of Crawley. Even though it is near the airport, there is hardly any aircraft noise as it is not on the flight path. The hotel is situated in well kept grounds and there is plenty of car parking. Airport shuttle buses call frequently. We stayed the night there as we were attending an event in Gatwick Manor Inn. The reception staff were polite, efficient and welcoming, explaining all the facilities and how to access them. As usual for a Premier Inn, the standard of the hotel was good with clean rooms and comfortable beds. - The pillows were particularly good.
Meals are taken in the Gatwick Manor Inn, a short stroll across the courtyard

This inn is convenient for travellers, or for those attending events at Gatwick Manor Inn.One slight caveat - check if there is an event in the Shipley suite of the inn as this is across the courtyard from the hotel and if you have a front facing room noise from the event can carry across to the hotel.

Room Tip: Enquire if there are rooms at the back of the hotel - although they face the A23 main road, they sho...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you firstly for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay with us.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words and I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I was particularly glad to read that you singled out our great location as this is an area of particular pride to myself, I do not beleive many hotels can offer the wonderful grounds we find ourselves in whilst still being a stone's throw from a major international airport.

I certainly hope that we will be welcoming you back with us again soon and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Stayed here for one night prior to a very early departure from Gatwick the following morning and at £53 it was good value for money.

The car park was quite full but we eventually managed to find a space – check in was quick and efficient, even though the reception area looked a little dated.

Reception staff asked if we required breakfast the following morning to which I said no; we were checking out at 3.30am for a flight. The receptionist then told us he was allocating us a ‘quiet room’ at the rear of the hotel, to avoid noise from a function that was taking place at the pub next door. This was an extremely welcome gesture.

Our room was excellent – clean and comfortable, as I have come to expect from Premier Inn. The bathroom looked a little tired compared to some of the Premier Inns which have been refurbished, but everything worked.

We were only woken once, briefly, by a few noisy guests in the car park. Despite this hotel’s proximity to Gatwick, we weren’t disturbed by aircraft noise at all.

Overall it’s hard to fault this hotel. It’s just 10 minutes’ drive from Gatwick Airport and our room was around £20 cheaper than another Premier Inn that’s 5 minutes closer to the airport. We would definitely use this hotel again if we fly from Gatwick.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you have to get up early to catch a flight
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mdruk
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Could not suggest a better place to stay if flying early from Gatwick. Very good value meal at next door pub.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This Premier Inn is perfect for family getaways. The accomodation is clean and the location is absolutely wonderful. It is situated on a Manor estate so when you wake up in the morning and look out your window you see rabbits and the resident birds. The Inn is about 30 mins from Brighton which is easy to get too and so you can either go round Crawly or go into Brighton to visit the beach and other array of attractions. The Breakfast is well worth the money as it is a full cooked breakfast and you can eat as much as you want. Which is pretty good for growing kids.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Travelled as a family for a one night stay to visit family in the area. Arrived at about 11pm, after checking with the hotel first by phone that this was OK and there were several available car parking spaces. Parking was free. Staff were very friendly upon arrival and check in was smooth. The room was spacious for four people, with a large double bed (the widest I've ever seen in this country) and two fold up beds already made up. The only problem with the room was it was too warm and there was no air conditioning. An electric fan had been provided, along with a laminated letter with tips to keep the temperature down, such as leaving the curtains closed during the day, so I suspect many people have complained about this. I didn't bother complaining as there was nothing the staff could have done as a short term fix. There was also no milk on the drinks tray so we were unable to have a hot drink in the room, I only mentioned this as we checked out but I'm sure the staff would have brought us some milk had we asked. The location was nice and quiet, even though it was fairly close to the airport. The adjoining pub looked very nice and I was happy with my stay, even though only here for one night. I would stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed the grounds, the staff service, the pub and the hotel in general. With regards to the issues that you had on your stay unfortunately you are right that the temperature in the rooms is a major issue for us at this hotel, you can be assured that this is an issue that we are looking into at the moment so we hope this wont be a problem the next time.

You also mentioned that there was no milk when you checked into your room, I can only apologise for this, there should have been milk included in the room once it was made up and cleaned. If you ever find that this is an issue again please feel free to ring one of our reception team and we will be happy to bring you some more milk.

I certainly hope that this experience has not put you off of staying with us again in the future and I hope that we will be welcoming you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I was here for a business trip and I found all I need. It is so much better than his sister hotel in fleming way. Looking outside of the window it is nature as far as your eyes can look. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The nights are calm and relaxing. The breakfast is wonderful.

I can only recommend this nice location!

Wow!