Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport
US$91
US$89
Sandman Gatwick
  • Pool
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$103
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis London Gatwick Airport(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$131
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
3,134 results
All reviewssouth terminalcorner rooman early flightbreakfast was includedhot breakfastsofa bedgatwick airportbag dropfree wifinext morningterminal buildingwalk in showercovered walkwaygood sizean overnight stayself servicecar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Made a reservation at Hampton by Hilton due to location and the trusted by Hilton logo. Stayed one night with two toddlers. Cannot fault the location and the swift check in service. We were offered a queen size room with a sofa bed based on two adults and two children sharing. Room was clean but very cramped.

We made our way to the 24 hour snack area and ordered our food, with a long 25 minute wait our main course arrived but the childrens order was wrong. The manager was quick to acknowledge this but his attitude stank! He agreed to provide complimentary chips and took away their maincourse. I tucked into my rubber over cooked lasagna not wanting to make a fuss however my poor hubbies burger bun was hard as stone. He showed the bun to a female waitress who apologised and returned with a new order. In the midst of the tooing and frowing from the kitchen, my toddler pointed out that his chips were cold and to my horror they were frozen from inside. I called for the waitress and showed her the frozen chips. She agreed to provide a refund and would speak to the manager. The uptight manager returned and dictated that we would recieve a refund for the kids meal and one adult meal. Needless to say we had had enough and left the restaurant with 2 hungry toddlers in tow. We wont be booking at Hamptons again.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank ShakyLondon
Jeremy M, Operations Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear ShakyLondon,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us yesterday. I know that I've contacted you directly to apologise for the problems and poor service that you received in our bar, but I think it's important that other guests also understand how seriously I take all feedback, hence my reply on TripAdivsor as well.

It's clear that we've made some fundamental mistakes during your stay on two levels. Initially, with the poor quality of the meals you received, and then in the very poor way in which the team dealt with their mistake. I can appreciate entirely how difficult it can be to travel with young children, in particular hungry children, and we didn't get it right on this occasion, so please accept my apologies for this.

I have spoken with my team and explained that whether or not individual dishes were not right, the entire dining experience was ruined and, as a result, you should not have been charged for any of your food. As you are aware, I have instructed my reception team to issue a full refund for both accommodation and your meal by way of an apology to show you how seriously we take our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I'm sorry that you found your room to be cramped. Our rooms are arguably the largest in the Gatwick area, but more room is available if you choose to book at corner room.

Whilst I can understand you won't be booking again, I really would like the chance to show you how good we normally are, and welcome you to contact me to arrange a return stay.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Accessed by a walkway from North Terminal, Level 2, this surely has to be the most convenient airport hotel ever!

Absolutely no complaints - it was just what we needed.

Can't comment about breakfast, as we didn't use that facility.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin G,

It's always nice when a guest has no complaints and wants to tell people about their stay. It's true that our hotel really couldn't be more convenient if we tried!

Hopefully next time you stay with us, you'll be able to take advantage of our free breakfast served from 6am to 10am, as it's something we've really worked hard to turn into a highlight of any guest's stay.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed here on March 9th as we were flying out early next morning. What a great find! Literally yards to departures in North Terminal and a brand spanking new hotel offering excellent facilities.The staff are very welcoming and the rooms are state of the art in the best way. A smashing serve yourself breakfast and then on our way to the airport which took about thirty seconds! By the way you'd never know you were at an airport as there was no noise at all in the room. As international airport hotel prices go it was a very fair price to pay for such comfort and convenience. I would have no hesitation recommending the Hampton by Hilton. Thank you. Our holiday started with you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear iceandlemon,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. It's always nice to get good feedback and I can't thank you enough for sharing this with the TripAdvisor public.

It certainly appears that we've managed to deliver what we set out to achieve during your stay and it's encouraging to read that you enjoyed breakfast, your room, the price and convenience of our location.

I hope that you will recommend and 'spread the word' about our hotel, and everyone at the hotel is delighted that we were able to be a part of your holiday.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I needed a comfortable bed, a shower and a good breakfast during a ten hour stopover at Gatwick before a flight back to Australia. The Hampton provided all of these requirements to a very high standard with the added bonus that the departure lounge was just at the end of the corridor! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank R O
Jeremy M, Operations Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear R O,

Thank you for your recommendation and kind comments regarding your stay at Hampton Gatwick. Stop-over flights are so demanding on travellers and it's nice to know that we gave you just what you needed. There's nothing worse than getting on a long-haul flight feeling tired and unrested.

I do hope that we'll see you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is one of the hotels that you spend just a night !!!
As I lost my train after easy jet delay I had nothing else to do than to spend a night and pay 99 pounds for 8 hours of sleep !!!
Breakfast served till 10 so If you sleep late you will loose it
All others was very good nice bed clean room
Staff was very good even, was late midnight

Room Tip: Try any taxi before decide to stay
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Jeremy M, Operations Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear CMDIMO,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Whilst I can see that generally speaking you enjoyed your stay, there are clearly a couple of points that you found less convienient.

Our pricing is set firmly at the bottom of the rates that you will pay for a room at Gatwick. We manage to do this despite our rooms and facilities being superior and brand new, and generally our guests agree with this, but it does very much depend on when you are booking. By using our Hilton.com website and booking at least a week in advance, you'd find that your rate would have been lower than the £99 you paid.

We serve hot breakfast from 6am to 10am and our continental breakfast starts at 5am. Whilst there may be a few people that might want to come down later than this, we find the majority of guests are happy with our service times.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.