Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
3,131 results
All reviewssouth terminalcorner rooman early flightbreakfast was includedhot breakfastsofa bedgatwick airportbag dropfree wifinext morningterminal buildingwalk in showercovered walkwaygood sizean overnight stayself servicecar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Those who are familiar with the Hampton Inn brand will find this hotel very familiar. What sets it apart is the location. right in Gatwick airport, it is perfect if you arrive late and just need a spot to layover before heading into higher-priced London, or heading to other destinations.
The bar is rather good and was hoping the night I was there. The breakfast comes with the room, as at other Hamptons, as was good. I saw others complain about the quality, but during my stay the eggs were ok as was the bacon and sausage. good selection of yogurt, fruit, cereals, etc.
Rooms are standard Hampton fare. Decent mattress, bathroom works and is clean, TV and Wifi are up to snuff. No complaints, good for the money, would stay again if needing a sleep at Gatwick area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Jeremy M, Operations Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear 2deer,

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that as a loyal Hilton customer you found the bar good, the breakfast good and the room good!

It's great that you feel that if you needed to sleep in Gatwick again, you'd choose us!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed overnight following a late flight back to Gatwick. The location is very convenient and easy to get to from arrivals but I thought the room was very basic and cold but I couldn't work out how to change the air conditioning settings. Breakfast the next morning was very disappointing with grey scrambelled eggs that looked as if they had been scraped out of the pan and very pale, fatty bacon. The other hot food was ok but not the most appetising! That said there were plenty of other options. But I understand the comparison with a motorway service station in another review!
Reception staff were very helpful and polite. Overall, it was ok and convenient but I think I would consider other options before staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jsm1275

Dear jsm1275,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you found the room basic as we try to provide everything our guests could need. With AC, HDTV, Tea and Coffee making facilities, Lap-tray, Iron and Ironing board, Hairdryer, table lamp and desk, complimentary toiletries and numerous power sockets in the room, we feel the rooms are anything but basic.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the breakfast, and the person concerned that was cooking during your stay has had specific instructions on how to better deliver the hot food items.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Spent 1 Night During An Overnight StopOver With My Young baby And My Mother. Although Hotel Only Had Rooms With One Bed, They Were Very Helpful And The Room Was Ready With a Sofa Bed Nicely done (And Comfortable) In addition To a Crib. Breakfast Was Good And Extensive. Very Convenient For Checking In North Terminal Less Than 5 Minutes Away Waking.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank sunnning

Dear sunning,

Thanks so much for your complimentary review. I was really pleased that you were happy with your room, the sofabed being made up and the travel cot we provided. It is worth noting that these are always subject to availability and as a result we can't guarantee being able to provide this to anyone.

I do hope that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is THE place to stay if you're flying to or from Gatwick. Comfortable rooms, great showers (shower gel, shampoo AND conditioner), gym, wonderfull all you can eat breakfast, free wi fi, ice machine (not on every floor though), friendly staff and actually situated in the terminal. I don't want to rave about it too much though, in case it's fully booked when I next want to stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jane W

Dear Jane W,

Thank you for such a complimentary review!

There really isn't much else for me to say that you haven't already said, and I was really happy that you chose to stay with us again after your last review.

Everyone at the hotel looks forward to welcoming you back next time you need to stay in Gatwick.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Very convenient particularly for those travellers arriving late at night/ early morning as we were. From the north terminal it is very easy, however, make sure you are on the 1st F when in the airport building. The signs on the ground floor were a bit misleading or maybe we were just tired.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear KBHK,

Thank you for your review. Convenience probably ought to be the name of our hotel, as it is the first thing that people say when they arrive for the first time! We continue to work with Gatwick Airport to improve the signage for the hotel both in North and South Terminal and thank you for your feedback.