“Never again beware room 229 don't stay here!”
Review of Grange Hotel

Grange Hotel
Grange Hotel
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 24 June 2008

I travel the south coast on business 5 days a week and normally sort my own hotel rooms out,on this occasion my company booked me in here.
On first appearances it looks fine, though i only just got parked in the "plentiful car park" that doubles as a car wash.
Receptionist unhelpful and struggled to find booking then refused to check me in as company didn't fax authorisation for payment, something not mentioned at booking. After half an hour taken to room without a key as the cleaner had taken it home!
Found aerial ripped out of tv, had to close door and get someone to repair it, magically a key now existed, he said to shut door I needed to slam it!
Proceeded to find the following,
1 clean single bed the other when I pulled out the pillow had mould yes mould on the sheets.
2 Enough mould in the shower cubicle to grow mushrooms, which peeled of when i turned the shower on.
3. A hole through the tiles into the wall cavity.
4. A similar hole in the shower cubicle around the tap.
5 previous occupants rubbish scattered in the wardrobe.
6 A door wich i struggled to lock even when slamming.
When I complained to the receptionist she phoned the manager but no alternative or compensation was forthcoming. However there was a couple there waiting to get their room (see other reviews familiar story) they did get a complimentary drink. And did actually come to see the state of room 229 agreeing it was disgusting.
Don't expect help at breakfast its sort yourself out, by the way the bread for toast comes out the fridge and is wet to touch!
Finally to reception to check out, what you want a reciept? came the reply!
never again! badly organised, incompetent staff, owner/manager who doesn't care but sends his "foot soldiers" to blank you!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank commander1

Reviewed 2 June 2008

From the first call to the hotel to inquire about accommodations and through my stay, the staff was knowledgeable about the area, courteous and extremely efficient! I had looked at staying at another property but after speaking to the gentleman at the front desk decided to give this place a try. I am very glad that I did and look forward to returning in the near future!! Thank you Manju, Rita, Don and Natalie for all that you did to make my stay an enjoyable one!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BarefootBchMgr
Reviewed 3 August 2007

me and my fiance booked a room for last saturday as a freinds wedding reception was being held there. we rang up on the tuesday to book the room only to find on arrival that they sorted out a room for us on the tuesday night instead of the saturday.
obviously we didnt turn up on the tuesday so they charged us for it. to be fair they did sort us a room out for the saturday but as of yet are refusing to pay back the money they wrongly took on the tuesday night.
so if you dont enjoy having money lifted from your bank account then i wouldnt stay here .

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank runandskip
Reviewed 5 June 2007

great hotel if you need to get to gatwick. We stayed here before our flight home to canada and considering the price it was a great hotel. No its defiantly not fancy and had some slight problems like poor shower and the toilet stoped working but things happen and for less than 40 pound a night it was worth it and i would recomend this to others on a budget with open minds

Stayed: June 2007
3  Thank bigwhitej
Reviewed 9 May 2007

This was quite possibly the worst hotel I've seen. I didn't even stay the first night there. Room was filthy, no food available, staff were weird. Even the guy on Reception (who wasn't quite with it) agreed that the hotel was rubbish!

Stayed: April 2007
5  Thank snivelpants
Reviewed 19 April 2007

me and my friends stayed at the grange hotel for easter! it was brillant! the staff wre friendly and helpfull. they cared for our every need! great staff and a great hotel! would def recommend staying!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank shellnails
Reviewed 12 April 2007

Stayed before our flight from Gatwick, very reasonably priced room and considering the location Im not sure what some of the other reviews are talking about. Our room was acceptable and clean, there was some noise from the surrounding rooms but this again is to be expected. Its a hotel! - Our main problem was regarding the arrogant young man behind the desk. He seemed drunk, or somethign else! and more concerned about who he was going to sms next and didnt seem to take the slightest bit of notice when we asked, politely, for directions. He clearly needs some training in people skills. The other staff in the restaurant were lovely and very accomodating.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple