Grange Hotel
  • Free Internet
US$85
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscrawley town centreroom was cleanrestaurants and barsstayed here for one nightgatwickflight
Reviewed 4 September 2008

hi to all the people out there that need to use a hotel near gatwick there are lots to look at but as my mum told me dont judge a book by the cover the web page and pics seem nice but when we booked i asked for confirmation 4 time befor i got it then we arrived the carpark is used by a carwash company but they will leave your car there and get coveredin bird and tree droppings so much that you cant see out of the window but will not wash it much to be said about the hotel covered in mould and dirty doors that didnt lock that poor cleaner that gets the blame for every think that was wrong to some up please please please pay a little more stay away from this place we were going to ask for a refund but knew that we would have got sweet f a because thats the way the management run this dive only want the money but dont spend any on the place you have been warned.i understand that anyone can right a review anyone can contact me but it does make you think how there a1 or 2 good reviews these were made by well you decide

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank shootdbird
Reviewed 24 June 2008

I travel the south coast on business 5 days a week and normally sort my own hotel rooms out,on this occasion my company booked me in here.
On first appearances it looks fine, though i only just got parked in the "plentiful car park" that doubles as a car wash.
Receptionist unhelpful and struggled to find booking then refused to check me in as company didn't fax authorisation for payment, something not mentioned at booking. After half an hour taken to room without a key as the cleaner had taken it home!
Found aerial ripped out of tv, had to close door and get someone to repair it, magically a key now existed, he said to shut door I needed to slam it!
Proceeded to find the following,
1 clean single bed the other when I pulled out the pillow had mould yes mould on the sheets.
2 Enough mould in the shower cubicle to grow mushrooms, which peeled of when i turned the shower on.
3. A hole through the tiles into the wall cavity.
4. A similar hole in the shower cubicle around the tap.
5 previous occupants rubbish scattered in the wardrobe.
6 A door wich i struggled to lock even when slamming.
When I complained to the receptionist she phoned the manager but no alternative or compensation was forthcoming. However there was a couple there waiting to get their room (see other reviews familiar story) they did get a complimentary drink. And did actually come to see the state of room 229 agreeing it was disgusting.
Don't expect help at breakfast its sort yourself out, by the way the bread for toast comes out the fridge and is wet to touch!
Finally to reception to check out, what you want a reciept? came the reply!
never again! badly organised, incompetent staff, owner/manager who doesn't care but sends his "foot soldiers" to blank you!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
4  Thank commander1
Reviewed 2 June 2008

From the first call to the hotel to inquire about accommodations and through my stay, the staff was knowledgeable about the area, courteous and extremely efficient! I had looked at staying at another property but after speaking to the gentleman at the front desk decided to give this place a try. I am very glad that I did and look forward to returning in the near future!! Thank you Manju, Rita, Don and Natalie for all that you did to make my stay an enjoyable one!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank BarefootBchMgr
Reviewed 3 August 2007

me and my fiance booked a room for last saturday as a freinds wedding reception was being held there. we rang up on the tuesday to book the room only to find on arrival that they sorted out a room for us on the tuesday night instead of the saturday.
obviously we didnt turn up on the tuesday so they charged us for it. to be fair they did sort us a room out for the saturday but as of yet are refusing to pay back the money they wrongly took on the tuesday night.
so if you dont enjoy having money lifted from your bank account then i wouldnt stay here .

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank runandskip
Reviewed 5 June 2007

great hotel if you need to get to gatwick. We stayed here before our flight home to canada and considering the price it was a great hotel. No its defiantly not fancy and had some slight problems like poor shower and the toilet stoped working but things happen and for less than 40 pound a night it was worth it and i would recomend this to others on a budget with open minds

Stayed: June 2007