YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
1,644 results
All reviewsfree hot drinksstandard cabinmission controlsingle cabinbetween flightsgreat conceptpay by the hoursouth terminalfree wifihour stayfew hours sleepan early flightsmall spacearrivals hallmood lightingconnecting flightalarm clock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2012

The location could not have been more convenient for my stay. Coming off an international flight and the following morning heading out on another international flight meant I didn't need to leave the airport to get some sleep. After checking out many options this was definitely the best value, no taxi required to and from the airport and no overnight stay at another, more expensive hotel. The rooms are exactly as was stated, cozy. I was delighted to find that the hotel was very quiet and the staff were very welcoming and efficient.

Had a decent sleep and just took the elevator up one floor to check in to my onward flight.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Perfect for what I needed. The staff, Pratik and Imola, were fantastic - nothing was too much trouble. Thanks

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Never again. The only good thing is that you are in the terminal. My fault when booking I did not notice the size of bed in the standard pod (cabin). It has a single bed. It say cozy for two. My understanding of cozy is comfortable, No way was it comfortable. Half of the room is taken up by bathroom which is good, but there in no privacy at all as the partition is clear glass .We are a married couple but do like a little privacy in the bathroom. We had large suitcases big mistake, once the suitcases where in the room there was no where to move. We wrere told there is no storeage anywhere in the place. If you are single and travel with a laptop and toothbrush it would be OK otherwise stay well clear of this place.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Petbri M
YotelHQ, Guest Relations Manager at YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback.
Thanks you for taking your time to write your feedback.

I apologise for your experience at YOTEL.

Our concept is a radical design made to sell cabins which are compact however it is comfortable for the purpose it is built, for guests wanting some peace and quiet before/after or in between their flights.

We have three Cabin types: a Standard Cabin with a Single bed, a Premium Cabin with luxury double Size bed which is what I would advise for you as it is more spacious, with storage for suitcases and with a larger shower area.
Our Twin Cabin with two Single beds is generally used for travelling families.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

My husband and I stayed for 5 hours in the Yotel at Gatwick Airport on the 30th May 2012. We had originally booked another hotel, but due to our flight with Easy jet landing at Stansted rather than Gatwick, and Easy jet taking 8 hours to get us back to our original destination we missed staying at our pre-booked hotel. We arrived very tired and stressed at Gatwick to await our second flight later that day to get us back home. So we thought about trying the Yotel for a quick shower and rest. The staff were excellent, and showed us the rooms which we could select. We selected one which has a double sofa bed, the room was very clean. The mood lighting was cool, and the shower was very nice. We were supplied with free coffee which was a nice touch. We would and are going to use the Yotel again. Its small yes, but well designed, there are places to put your luggage, and even a little table and chair if required. The only thing I would like them add, it would be nice if you could check your flights on the TVs that are in the room. I like the idea that you do not have to leave the airport and get a taxi to and from accommodation. It would also be nice if you got some sort of discount or extra benefits like free drinks or one extra hour stay for people who use this Yotel frequently . Like a loyalty bonus. Good idea and worth the money. Well done Yotel

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This is an excellent example of the Pod hotel concept - everything you could want from a hotel room in a very, very small space! Yotel Gatwick Airport certainly delivers on this promise with a perfectly functional stay.

I had one or two issues with the room - TV remote was not working and the replacement was a little temperamental. The leather surrounds of the bed area had some obvious staining (which is not really acceptable) and although clean the room was scuffed and tired looking.

I appreciate these rooms have heavy traffic levels, but the product should be refreshed occasionally.

I was on the premises for 4.5 hours and asleep for 3, bed is comfortable and my room (which was beside reception) was very very quiet. Everything you need on a midnight to 5am layover.

Room Tip: Extensive Food & Beverage Menu, but their is an M&S Express in the Airport Terminal!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business