“2 Peas in the YOTEL Pod”

YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Managed after 3 attempt to get into the Pod! One MUST book beforehand! The experience was wonderful, whilst small and compact I have been in hotel rooms that offered less. The bunk beds
lovely, clean and comfortable, (did miss a reading light on the lower bunk), having a Power shower in the vast bathroom was a great experience, especially the chair for disabled people. Much thought has gone into making these pods very comfortable, and ideal place to stay safely when
travelling. The Crew on check-in were brilliant..top marks for being friendly, interested and yet very poised and professional. For women travelling alone or together, this is an ideal place to
relax, enjoy, rest in comfort. The coffee was also delicious amd free!
Best regards and thanks to all.........................J

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
YotelHQ, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear sunflowers061,

Thanks a lot for your positive review. We are glad that you had wonderful experience with us. We completely understand the expectation of our guests such as sound sleep, Wi-Fi services, hot drinks, clean cabins etc. Our Monsoon showers are regularly maintained to provide the most refreshing feeling so as to minimise the exhaustion of our guests. Our staff is our true image; We are happy that you appreciated their friendliness and professionalism. Thanks once again for sharing your positive experience. We hope to welcome you back soon.

RH6 0NN

Write a ReviewReviews (1,607)

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I love the way you can stay here hourly! What a great idea. I love the pod I was in and was fascinated by the square toilet! Also the shower was so amazing and love the pink/purple lighting, really chills you out. The bed was so comfortable and the mattress for it was so thick! Love the extras in the "pod" the wifi , tv and ordering sushi was cool. Enjoy a stay here and get a little bit of japan before you fly !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bangin

Dear Mitroglou,

Thank you for defining Yotel in such amazing words. We are glad that you made use of most of our facilities provided such as monsoon shower, Free WIFI, complimentary hot drinks, T.V. and above all you had a good rest. Thanks once gain for your feedback. Hope to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Very clean and comfortable. Perfect to recover. Very compact. Our flight was cancelled and we had to wait until next morning. this place saved our night, was totally booked. Check in advance.
The crew was extremly friendly and helpful, but expensive in my opinion

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
YotelHQ, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Hnh136,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you find Yotel convenient, clean, comfortable and perfect to recover. Our staff is our strength; We are happy that you appreciated their customer services. Even being in the prime location, we try hard to keep our prices reasonable and opted to offer our guests free items such as Wi-Fi, hot drinks and other amenities. We do offer discounted cabins if booked well in advance but they are also subject to availability. Thanks once again for your feedback. Hope to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Such a wonderful little place, clean, well maintained, with everything you need for an overnight stay. The showers are incredible, the bed comfy, the TV has a good selection of channels - I wouldn't hesitate to recommend yotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear faithnack,

Thank you for describing Yotel in such simple and easy words. We are glad that Yotel proved to be so convenient for you and also packed with all amenities you need. We appreciate the way you described our cabins. Thanks once again for recommending Yotel. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Coming back from my holiday and having 8 hours until my flight home, I booked into the Gatwick Airport Yotel, I have never stayed in this place before so I had no idea quite what to expect. It is basically a small pod with a bed and wet room housing a shower, washbasin and toilet. Room was spotless and the sheets had that wonderful crisp linen smell there was a TV at the end of the bed built into the wall and soft focus lighting. It was very compact yet comfy I managed a few hours sleep and wandered out into reception to be greeted by the receptionist who made a lovely cup of tea. No tea/coffee making facilities are available in your pod, you do have to venture to reception but the tea/coffee is free and made fresh. If you want to purchase water or snacks then you must have a debit/credit card as they have no facility to accept cash. All in all it was a nice pleasant experience and is actually located inside Gatwick Airport so you can't get any closer than this.

Room Tip: Ideal budget pod for a perfect start finish to your holiday and the location couldn't be better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jane Ravenwood

Dear Jane Ravenwood,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and defining the Yotel concept in such a smart way. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your 1st stay with us. We have tried to make best use of the space in cabin, to make it more appropriate and relaxing for our guests. We are glad that you took advantage of our facilities provided such as complimentary hot drinks, T.V. and above all you had a good sleep. Once again thanks for staying with Yotel. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed here this week for the first time, it's really well located just outside arrivals , rooms are just like being on a ship and length of bed was a bit short for me but otherwise clean and totally acceptable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear David M,

Thanks a lot for tagging Yotel with your smart description of words. We are pleased that you had an overall good experience with us on your very 1st stay and found us convenient. We have tried to create a Hi-tech atmosphere in our compact cabins by providing all necessities in small space. Thanks once again for sharing your positive experience. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I recently stayed at Gatwick after a return flight from the US, the flight was delayed and despite booking from 8am I couldn't check in until gone 9am. I would have hoped as I'd paid for 6 hours I would have been allowed to stay until 3pm, I was not given that option. Yet, I stayed at Heathrow 3 weeks earlier and I wasn't allowed to check in half an hour early and check out half an hour early the next morning, so I had to hang around after an eight hour road journey for 30 minutes. The staff need to be allowed to exercise some fliexibility, my Heathrow room was obviously ready as it was booked (this was at 8pm) and I did note that many rooms at Gatwick were unoccupied so they could have allowed me that extra time I had paid for. Also, I was starving and wanted to buy a brownie, they don't take cash, I wasn't going to use a debit or credit card for £1.25, so ended up eating Raisinets left over from my flight snacks as I wanted to get my head down instead of pratting about going up to the Costa as I needed sleep before a long car drive home.
Yotels are very conveniently located, I have stayed at the Hilton in Gatwick before discovering the Yotel and to be able to nip over the concourse from arrivals instead of trekking to the Hilton is fantastic and the sleep quality at the Yotel is better, the dayrooms at the Hilton are not separate and all the normal workings of a hotel (cleaning, maintenance etc) go on regardless, so, for me the Yotel is a no brainer. But, I am sad the staff have no initiative or flexibility as it would have been a 5 star rating for Yotel

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Auramoonbeam,

Thanks for your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused upon check out timing. Our checkout times are fixed but with the element of flexibility, if informed in advance, we don’t mind amending checkout times. Our staff only refuses to do so, if they need the cabin as a priority. In day time we sell cabins by hour and every half hour makes the price difference in the system. I will definitely be looking in to this matter. Thanks for preferring Yotel for your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon.