“Jean H”

Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Onchan, United Kingdom
“Jean H”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Just back from Antarctica and grateful for the comfort and quiet after a lot of travelling. The room is small but the bed was so comfortable and we had a wonderful sleep. So easy to check out, no waiting at Reception and straight to departures. We have stayed here before and are never disappointed with the facilities and the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
YotelHQ, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Jean H,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about us. We are so pleased that you had an overall good experience with us and found us to be convenient for your stay. Our crew are our true image and our facilities are our core product and so thank you for all your appreciation of them both. We always try hard to meet our guests’ expectation and we are glad that we promptly met yours.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon.

RH6 0NN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Polish first
Guernsey
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very conveniently located at the South Terminal at Gatwick Airport and only couple of minutes away from the North Terminal. Staff friendly and helpful. I've stayed in a single room which is enough for one night (provided you don't have too much luggage, otherwise good luck trying to store it). The room layout is very interesting and quite exciting but after a while it starts feeling claustrophobic. The AC was on all night and there is no option to turn it down (or off), which is a shame as it's super loud so don't count on good night sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Ania K
Dear Ania K,

Thank you for your review and taking the time to give us your feedback.

Yotel's great location in the airport allows us to reduce our guest’s discomfort of traveling to and from of the airport.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that has caused you due to noise from the vent. As we receive cool air from the Main Airport System coupled with the changing weather we were experiencing at the time you stayed, their systems were not performing well.

We try to be very upfront with our cabin design and size through the photos and descriptions on our website, as well as through any conversations with our Crew. We also offer double cabins with more space but they are very much subject to the availability.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly if I can ever be of future assistance. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in yotel before and early departure. Was perfect for what we needed. The room was very quiet and we had a good night sleep. Although compact, the room had everything we needed: large tv, place to hang clothes, plugs for charging, a sofa which converted to a bed at a touch of a button and a bathroom with a surprisingly powerful rain shower! We also had an extra of pink mood lighting at the touch of a button! Overall, I would use this hotel again as a stopover however I wouldn't want to stay longer than a night as the bed was quite hard!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Chisy123,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at YOTEL Gatwick. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and slept well in your cabin. We have tried to create a 'Hi-Tech' atmosphere in our compact cabins by providing all necessities cleverly in small space. Our Monsoon showers are regularly maintained to ensure that our guests feel nice and refreshed after a good powerful shower.

Thank you once again for sharing your positive experience. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

So close to terminal and for a decent nights sleep and not have to worry about making it in time to check in. I would most definitely recommend staying at this hotel it was very clean and staff very friendly .

• Stayed February 2014
YotelHQ, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Westie-Lady,

Thank you very much for your positive review. Yotel's location in the airport allows us to help reduce our guest’s trouble of traveling in and out of the airport at all hours. Our staff is our strength, we are glad you appreciated their hospitality.

Thank you again for recommending us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 14 February 2014

If you just arrive in the morning on an overnight flight and can't check into your hotel in London until later in the day... the Yotel is the way to go. Book for as long as you need, have a sleep, shower and be refreshed for the rest of your day. The staff is amazing friendly, the rooms are clean and its quiet. For one traveller the standard room is great but for two I would recommend the premium cabin for more room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear NancyM1965,

Thank you for your lovely feedback about your stay with us. We are glad that Yotel proved to be the perfectly located for you and your stay lived up to your expectations. We wholly understand the needs of our guests and always try to fulfill them promptly. Our staff are pivotal to our offering of excellence customer service and thank you for appreciating their services.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Biarritz, France
Reviewed 12 February 2014

After a long day of traveling... I didn't know what to expect when I arrived at my hotel : yotel in gatwick airport. I was pleasantly surprised..It's practical, clean, fun, cosy, modern and the staff were fantastic, bringing me anything I asked for to my cabin. I think the idea is wonderful, you really feel like you are in a cabin, traveling alone I felt very safe and will make sure I will be flying through gatwick more often so I can sleep there. I payed about £65 for my room for just under 24hours... I would say its a little overpriced because of the size of the room but I know it won't stop me staying there again. The location is just too perfect and contrary to what some people said I found it as soon as I walked into the arrivals hall.
Although it's not a place for claustrophobics, there were no windows and it's small but if you are tired of the boring chains, and fancy a new experience I would recommend Yotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Lauren B,

Thank you for your feedback. It is always pleasure to read about our guest's experiences with us. We are glad that you found Yotel practical, fun and modern. We try to serve our true purpose of providing outstanding experience to ourguests’ through our great service from our staff and complimentary amenities.

Once again thank you for all your appreciation. We hope to welcome you back sometime in near future.

LOndon
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I struggled to find the hotel in the airport as it was poorly sign posted but that is more a problem with gatwick airport then Yotel I would assume.

The room was very clean. The male member of staff was very friendly upon my arrival and booked in with no problems.

Overall I will be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank lad68
YotelHQ, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear lad68,

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive review. We are glad that you found Yotel to be “Handy” for your stay. We apologise for the inconvenience you had due to lack of airport signage. We are in process of increase the amount of signage in and around the airport campus. We hope to have some improvements soon.

Thank you for appreciating our staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.