“Excellent !”

YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I had to take a connect flight and wait on the airport for 7 hours. I needed a little place to rest and sleep and I was so happy to find the Yotel att the Gatwick Airport. For me travelling alone this was Excellent. I had one suitcase with me and gat a 7fm2 room but if I would have had a second suitcase with me I would have been able to get it into the room. I had to climb up to the bed but it was not a problem. I am just so happy that I was able to stay att the Gatwick airport with a privat toilet and shower, and have even a tv to look att. So I was happy when I gat my second flight the same day rested and happy. Excellent experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
YotelHQ, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Signý P,

Thank you for writing about your experience with us. We are happy that you had an excellent experience with us. We have tried to make best use of the space in cabin to make it more appropriate and relaxing for our guests. Thank you once again for reviewing us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Spending the night in the Yotel is like sleeping in first class on a plane, without the free champagne or gourmet food. The bed is comfortable and the tiny space is very well thought out for those who need to charge several things and simply get a good night's sleep. Check in is quick and efficient.

The reason I compare it to sleeping on a plane is the noise of the air conditioning unit. It's distracting and makes it difficult to get to sleep. It also feels dehydrating, which is the last thing you probably want if you're between long haul flights.

A small tip... I gave up on finding a hair dryer... They are available.... Simply ask at reception.

In principle the Yotel is great. But if they could do a little work on the air conditioning it would be brilliant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear globalgirl30,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you loved our concept of compact cabins and our use of space. We are sorry that you experienced noise from the air conditioning in the cabin and please accept our sincere apologies. We have had the system looked at and are working on improving its performance with the system supplier. Thank you once again for sharing your views. We hope to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Found this hotel while trying to get somewhere to stay for an early flight that was convenient and affordable. Great, compact room with everything you need. Nice shower and comfy bed, nice touch the tv at the foot of the bed. Staff was polite and helpful. Only downside which kept me from giving it 5 stars is that the room was chilly. Given that it is a cabin with no windows it is understandable the aircon system is always on, however I could not find a way to regulate the temperature in the room. Would definitely stay again though,

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
YotelHQ, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Ant0n6,

Thank you for writing about your experience with us. We are glad that you loved our concept of compact cabins and our use of space. We serve our purpose of providing outstanding experience, of resting and refreshing, to guests’ through our staff and amenities. We are sorry that you experienced cold temperature in the cabin. Please accept our sincere apologies. We have had the system looked at and are working on improving its performance with the system supplier. Thanks once again for your feedback.We hope to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I arrived in Gatwick by night-flight and had to leave early in the morning. I needed place to stay for a few hours and I found Yotel. The location is excellent, the crew is friendly. The room is small - but quite enough to have a good rest.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hungarez

Dear Hungarez,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We are glad that Yotel proved to be perfectly located for you and you had a good rest. Our staff are our true reflection and so thank you for all your appreciation. Thank you once again for preferring Yotel. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Travelling out of Gatwick on an early morning flight, I needed somewhere to stay. I came across this option after searching through all the "airport hotels" that, when you read the small print required a 10 minute + taxi ride on top of their high room rates.

I was attracted by the idea of having my own little uber-functional pod (might be worth explaining that I was a box room kid!

I was not disappointed by the experience. Yes there is very limited space in the room (especially when travelling with luggage) but it has everything you could need. There's also a very friendly atmosphere, fostered in part by the fantastic staff. And after all that there's the sheer convenience of just being a lift ride away from the departures level of the South Terminal.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear ronanoconnell,

Thank you for your review of Yotel. We are glad that you found Yotel Gatwick to be convenient for your stay. We completely understand the expectation of our guests’ such as sound sleep and always try hard to meet these promptly. Our staff are our strength, I will definitely be sharing your review with them. Thank you once gain for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We had a early flight home and this was excactly what we were looking for!
Excellent and compact room with everything necessary and perfect location. The big mirror in the room really makes a difference on making the room feel a lot bigger. Nice comfy bed and good size tv. Staff is the best ever! Polite, friendly, kind, with your well-being in mind. Good variety of foods to order, airport shops and restaurants of course nearby, and free coffee, tea, etc. made us feel welcome :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 7uah,

Thank you for describing Yotel in such simple and easy words. We are glad that you make use of most of our facilities provided such as complimentary hot drinks, T.V. Our staff are well trained to present the true reflection of Yotel. I am glad you noticed and appreciated that. Thank you once gain for your feedback. Hope to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We missed a flight and needed to rebook for the next morning. This was the perfect place to store our luggage while we had a nice dinner, then to sleep and have a shower before our flight. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: For a couple that doesn't mind getting cozy, the single room worked just fine. The bed is almost...