“Yotel Gatwick”

YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I use the Yotel London Gatwick in between flights. The Yotel is in a great location and I did not even have to leave the airport and took me only minutes to come down the lift and straight to departures for my next flight. I always have a relaxing stay and find that the beds are so comfortable and the tv had more than enough channels and can always find something to watch. I would recommend to anyone who needs a few hours sleep/rest or even overnight stay. It has everthing you need and also the staff are so helpful and friendly.
Collette

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
YotelHQ, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear ColletteN,

Thank you for writing about your experience with us. Through clever design we are able to offer our guests everything they need to relax, revive and connect and we are pleased that you cherished our flexible services. Our crew are our true image; we are happy that you appreciated their service. Thanks once again for recommending us. We hope to welcome you back soon.
RH6 0NN

Write a ReviewReviews (1,607)

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Used Yotel at Gatwick for a 5 hour stop-over between flights. More than happy with my stay. It did everything I expected. Although our stay was of short duration it was ideal just to chillout, access the free wi-fi, relax with some TV and shower and change. Much better than hanging around the airport terminal. Sure the room is very small, (ours was a premier size cabin), but quite adequate for our needs. Cabin was clean and well appointed, Towels and toileteries supplied all of good quality. The Reception staff (Shaveta) were most courteous and helpful. Would definately use the service again, ie next time British Airways decide to cancel my final flight North for "operational reasons" Sorry, couldn't resist getting that one in, Can't comment on the sleepquality as we did not stay overnight,

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrianR50

Dear BrianR50,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are so pleased that you had an overall good experience with us and found us to be convenient for your stay. Our crew is our true image and our facilities are our base so thank you for all your appreciation of both of these. I will be definitely be sharing your review with Shaveta and thank you for recognising her service. We always try hard to meet our guests’ expectation and we are glad that we promptly met yours. Thank you once again for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

What else do you want? Don't expect the world and you wont be disappointed. Staff were friendly; rooms were basic but comfortable; noise from other guests was there but not loud; yes there are no windows, so what?

Dear Pedhimself,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We are glad that you found us convenient, cool and simple. Thank you for appreciating our staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed for one night at the Yotel Gatwick before a long-haul flight to Canada leaving at 8.30am (needed a room from 9pm until 6am).

I stayed in a Standard cabin/pod which was perfect for a single person (would have been 'very cosy' if sharing with another person).

Pros:
* You are in the airport building so can't really be any closer when staying.
* Room was clean/tidy and had everything expected of any hotel room.
* Free WiFi
* Easy access to Pubs and M&S for food/drink etc..
* Friendly and helpful staff
* Unique hotel is a bit like being aboard a space-ship so was a fun experience (cool lighting).
* Would definitely stay again.

Cons:
* Might be too small for some but it's clear this is the setup.
* No ice machine (though was told Costa could provide if necessary upstairs in arrivals).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank DaveJMatt

Dear DaveJMatt,

Thank you for your review of Yotel Gatwick. We are happy that you found our location to be excellent and that you slept well. We are so pleased that you had an overall good experience with us and found us to be clean and convenient. We do offer double cabins, if you are looking for more space but they are subject to the availability. Thanks once again your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

4th or 5th time (including Heathrow) since 2010 and excellent as usual. In the airport terminal itself so really convenient for the early check-in for our ski flight. I repeat the remarks by I6740JHBrianW (below) which say it all: " the cocooned silence and calmness before the stress of travel and to be able to wake up and be at the departure gate within an hour is truly fabulous".

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Paulo2006,

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive review. We are glad that you have always found Yotel to be excellent and convenient for your stay. Through clever design we are able to offer our guests everything they need to relax, revive and connect and we completely understand the need of our guests of sound sleep even being in the noisy airport. We are pleased to provide such refreshing experience to you and I always find pleasure to read such experiences. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I am amazed at the negative reviews here. YOTEL make it very clear as the size of the room and what to be expected there-in. This is my third stay in a YOTEL and the only possibly complaint could be occasional noise from the hallways. Perhaps better sound-proofing? The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms well equipped. I have yet to share a room here but for one person they are more than adequate, particularly if you have fully checked it out in advance. Personally I enjoy the cocooned silence and calmness before the stress of travel and to be able to wake up and be at the departure gate within an hour if truly fabulous. I shall certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room as far as possible from the reception area as there is less noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear I6740JHBrianW,

Thank you for writing about your experience with us. We are glad that you loved our concept of compact cabins and use of space. We try to serve our purpose of providing good experience of resting and refreshing to guests through our staff and amenities. We appreciate the way you defined your experience. Thank you once again for your feedback. Hope to welcome you back sometime in near future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was relieved to discover the Yotel at Gatwick Airport. Having booked a ski holiday with a rather early start I was very pleased to stay here so I could literally roll out of bed and straight to the check-in desks!
It was somewhat an adventure in itself staying in these cabins which are perfectly fine if you just want a place to rest your weary head for the night before an early flight.
However the main reason that has driven me to write my first ever Trip Advisor review is to thank the staff who retrieved an earring for me that I had somehow managed to drop on the night I stayed there.
I had not even realised I'd lost it but on arrival at the ski resort found an email from the team asking if I'd mislaid an earring in the room, which I had. So on the way back to the UK I just popped in to pick it up, once again it proved very handy that Yotel is right at the airport so I didn't need to go out of my way at all!
The only one thing I would say is it's a shame the doors to each of the rooms are not quieter when they close, probably due to fire door restrictions which mean I did notice when some other fellow travellers took to their bunks! So what would have completed the slight sci-fi feel of this accomodation would be some keypad to open a sliding door perhaps?!
Thanks again to the team at Yotel Gatwick.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Jo M,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We are glad that Yotel proved to be perfectly located for you and you had a good rest. We are pleased that you got your ear-ring back. Our staff are our true reflection and so thank you for all your appreciation and recognition, it means alot to them. We will definitely make note of your suggestion about the doors and pass it to the development team. Thank you once again for preferring Yotel. We hope to welcome you back soon.