1,810 results
All reviewsfree hot drinksstandard cabinmission controlbetween flightssingle cabingreat conceptpremium roompay by the hourfree wifihour layoverfew hours sleepan early flightsmall spaceconnecting flightalarm clockbed was comfortablefloor space
Reviewed 3 June 2014

we´ve stayed there for a night between flights everything was ok, only when i went to check my credit card balance i´ve found out that they had charged me twice! i´ve already sent an email to the hotel but until now nothing!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
YotelHQ, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear tear b,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We are glad that you took advantage of our services and found everything fine during your stay. We are very sorry that your card was charged twice, it seems to be due to some technical error. Please accept our sincere apologies. If you have already emailed our customer services regarding this, I can assure you that your refund will be processed soon (within 15 working days of your email) but still if you face any issue with this, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I would be pleased to take care of this personally. Thanks again for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to Yotel in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel before catching a 6.30am flight at Gatwick North Terminal the next day. It was a lovely experience as the concept of the hotel was one that is of a 'space shuttle', and that was what intrigued me. But most importantly, is that the hotel is conveniently located in the basement of Gatwick South Terminal. I could easily find it after arriving at the train station, and easily go to North Terminal the next day just by taking the shuttle train.

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly, and the rooms are comfortable. It may seem small to those who are claustrophobic, but it has everything that one needs for the few hours. The free hot drink offered at anytime of your convenience was definitely a plus.

Price wise, it is comparable to other airport hotels which you would to travel to, but for the location, I would say that it was worth it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
YotelHQ, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear sunnyseow38,

Thank you for defining Yotel in such simple and easy words. We are glad that you found Yotel’s concept cool and convenient for your stay. Even being compact, we have tried to add every extra bit to the cabins which, in our view, would make our guests’ stay more comfortable. Our staff is our true reflection of our business and we thank you for all your appreciation of them. We hope to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Very easy to find and great location for an onward journey.
We arrived at 1.30 in the morning from a flight and had a 7.00 am onward flight so was extremely convenient for us. Other hotels in the area were cheaper but because of our time restrictions this was best for us. The guy at the desk ( automatic check in was broken ) was lovely, got us a coffee and extra pillows. We had a standard single cabin ( sleeps 2 ) and to be honest for two it's a tight fit especially with a case to manoeuvre but it was comfortable and clean.
In similar circumstances I would def use again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SandraG,

Thank you for staying with us and your review about your experience. We are happy that you found our location to be excellent for a quick stop over and that you slept well. The purpose of Yotel to be in the airport is to lessen our guests’ inconvenience of travelling to and from of the airport. If you are looking for more space, we do provide premium (with double bed) and twin cabins (with bunk beds) but due to their limited availability they can get occupied quickly. Thanks once again for your review. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Perfect location for stopover between flights. No need for shuttle buses as lift access in airport itself. Small but interestingly different. Had everything that was needed, comfortable and clean for a "sleepover". Can be hired by the hour if not needing an overnight. Friendly and helpful staff and our room was just beside reception and very quiet. Will use again for sheer convenience.

Room Tip: Possibly away from reception but was not a problem for us noisewise. Bunk rooms....a long way down in the middle of the night for an older lady?
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear adnilyesac,
Thank you for your positive review. We are so pleased that you used our services and found them to be clean, comfortable and enjoyed that they were different. Even being compact, we have tried hard to make our guests’ stay more convenient and comfortable by adding every extra bit to the cabins. Our staff are so important to our business and we are very proud of them and so thanks for appreciating their services. We hope to welcome you back sometime in near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had an early flight and faced with the prospect of either getting up at 3am and travelling across London or getting up at 5am and taking a leisurely stroll across to the North Terminal I obviously choose the later.

The Yotel is accessed via the elevator near the Arrivals in the South Terminal. It was very quiet when I arrived at about 10:30pm and remained so throughout. It's a bit shabby in places but I guess there's plenty of demand.

I had a nice welcome at the reception and I was very quickly settling down in one of the pods. I slept very well and had a good long shower before catching my flight. The pod is a wee bit cramped but I was planning to do anything other than sleeping there so it was fine.

I would definitely do this again and I have no hesitation in recommending Yotel to anyone thinking of staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Lynamc,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We are glad that you had good night sleep before your early flight. We are sorry that you found the cabin a bit dated - we continually carry out regular maintenance of all systems and cabins and as well as keeping a high standard of cleaning. However on the rare occasions when our standards do slip, our only recourse is to learn from our mistake and redouble our efforts to ensure we do not allow this to happen in the future. In order to prove this an isolated incident, we would like to welcome you back. Next time when you decide to come to Gatwick, please contact me directly and I would be pleased to take care of your reservation personally. Thanks once again for your feedback and recommending us. We hope to welcome you back to Yotel in the future.