“Small but perfectly formed!”

YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Small but perfectly formed!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I needed two rooms as my son is far too old to share with me now and this was brilliant - Fantastic value and every comfort and facility you need for the night before an early flight and on the concourse so minutes to check-in. I would definitely recommend.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
YotelHQ, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear KandN001,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you found Yotel perfect, comfortable and convenient for your stay. Even being compact, we have tried to add every extra bit to the cabins which, in our view, would make our guests’ stay more comfortable. Thank you for recommending us. Hope to welcome you back in near future.

RH6 0NN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over night before an early morning flight, with my two children.

Yes the rooms are teeny, but this is clearly stated on the website...I've stayed in smaller rooms in central London for a lot higher price, and let's face it...your only going to be crashing for the night at most. The deluxe room was more than adequate for myself, my small children and large suitcases.

The location is ideal, right by arrivals in South terminal. But easy enough to get to the north terminal, so I'm told, didn't personally do it as we flew from the south terminal.

The room is very cleverly styled with a fold out desk and chair and plenty of sockets so we could all charge our electrical devices without arguments :-)

The bed also folds down at the touch of a button, much to my boys entertainment and amusement. It is very, very comfortable, slept like a baby. We loved the purple lighting, but if it's not for you you can change it.

I see some reviewers had problems with noise but we never heard a thing once the door was shut and blinds down.

The shower is OK, not very powerful, but it does the job.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend staying here, and the boys, seasoned travellers, also give it the thumbs up, declaring it funky!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
YotelHQ, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dear Rachael B,

Thank you for writing about your experience with us. We are glad you found our location to be ideal and found us convenient for staying with your whole family. We try to ensure our guests a good restful and refreshing experience through the service from our staff and our amenities. Thank you once again for your feedback and for recommending us. We hope to welcome you back sometime in near future.

England
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We were fairly surprised by this hotel! The bed was a single for two of us and honestly has the smallest room I've ever seen!! The bathroom was just a clear wall so you could see completely into it. It had free wifi and hot drinks. The room itself was so hot and did make the night uncomfortable. All in all- it's very convenient.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sunshinee,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Yotel. To be inside the airport terminal, we have tried to reduce our guest’s hassle of travelling in and out of airport. We have tried to create a Hi-tech atmosphere in our compact cabins by providing all necessities in small space. We do offer premium cabins (more spacious and with double bed) and twin cabins (more spacious and with two bunk beds). Thanks once again for sharing your experience. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is not a five-star hotel so anyone expecting huge rooms with room service can think again. I arrived in London in the morning and had an early afternoon flight and was loathe to sit around all day, especially as I felt a quick nap, a shower and freshening up after a long flight would do me wonders. I took the shuttle to the South Terminal and booked myself a room for 4 hours at Yotel. What I absolutely love about this place is that you do not have to pay full price for what is really a short, short stay. For 32 pounds, I had a room where I could take a nap, a shower and have a cup of coffee, which incidentally was delivered to me in the room. It is a very tight squeeze - no denying this - but not uncomfortable. I liked it and would stay here again in a heartbeat. Great friendly staff at reception, hot water, clean, comfy bed, television. What more do you want for that price? Keep it up Yotel. You have a new believer!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear bunny28,

Thank you for your positive review. We are so pleased that you used our services and found them relaxing and comfortable. Even being compact, we have tried to add every extra bit to the cabins which, in our view, would make our guests’ stay more comfortable. Our staff is our true image, thanks for appreciating their services. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Portland, OR
Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you are reading this review then you have read the other reviews and you should know exactly what to expect: a cramped, tiny room that serves its function with no surprises and gets you some sleep in between flights or for your next morning early AM departure.

We knew what we were getting into when we booked this "space." It was more like an adventure to try this pod sleeping bunk a chance, and we knew it was just for sleeping. We checked in at 8pm and checked out at 5:30am for our early morning flight, so it's not like we were stuck there for hours and hours. We needed a convenient place to sleep before our flight, and it did the job.

Check in was efficient and easy. There is free WiFi. They offer a free cup of coffee or tea (or just ask), plus they have other beverages and snacks for a small fee. We booked the smallest room that came with a full size bed. We are both medium sized travelers, so the small bed was just barely big enough for us both. The room has a functional layout, and there is a flat screen TV with enough channels to keep you entertained if you want to watch TV. There was only one towel, so I had to ask for an extra. We were both not fans of the sliding glass door for the bathroom toilet and shower area, as you can clearly see the other person doing their private business from the bed. I MacGuyvered one of the towels to drape/hang down from the bed's upper frame unit so that my wife vision could be sheltered from the business of using the bathroom. Room temperature was fine and easily controlled. Space wise, it will be a challenge to creatively store your luggage, but it can be done. Use of the hooks will help out a lot.

All in all, the Yotel met our expectations and it was a good stay for us because we knew what we were getting into. If you are a seasoned traveler then you should have no problems in dealing with the nuances of this type of lodging. If you are more accustomed to regular hotel rooms with lots of space, then you'll definitely find this a challenge.

Tips: bring a couple of clips/clothespins if you want to create a "wall" so that you don't have to see the other person using the bathroom through the clear sliding glass door. use earplugs if you don't want to hear other guests above you or outside your door. The hotel is below the main terminal, so look for the two sets of elevator doors to get to check in. There are plenty of take-away convenience stores to make a meal or for snacks; if you want to eat more substantially, there are also plenty of restaurants and coffee bars within a 5-minute walk from the hotel.

Would we stay here again? Yes, if we just needed a place to sleep that was close to our departure gate. And that's what the Yotel is all about, so it lived up to its billing and we were not disappointed with our overall experience.

Room Tip: If you want more space, by all means splurge and book the bigger rooms. But if all you need is a pl...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear travelcommons,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write your review. We are happy that you found our location excellent for quick stopovers and slept well. The purpose of Yotel to be in the airport is to lessen our guests’ inconvenience of travelling to and from of the airport. We do provide premium cabins (more spacious with double bed) and twin cabins (more spacious with bunk beds) with the washroom separated by a curtain in addition to a glass door. Thanks once again for sharing your positive experience and preferring Yotel. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I booked the hotel for one night because I had a scheduled flight at 7am and living in Central London, I didn't want to wake up at 4am to get to the airport.
The hotel location is perfect, even if you are departing from the North Terminal (like me) since the airport shuttle is very quick to get you there.
The check-in process via one of the computer was super easy and fast. The room is fairly small as expected but really convenient as there is a folding tray for your luggage. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well. The only small complaint I have is with the bathroom; behind the glass door you find a shower, a sink and the toilet. The problem is that when you take your shower, water ends up everywhere on the floor and it takes a bit of time to evacuate.

Other than this small issue with the room design, I enjoyed my stay very much and will stay again at Yotel the next time I have an early flight.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear ZamaGelu,

Thank you for writing about your experience with us. We are glad you found us convenient for early morning flight. We try to serve our purpose of providing good experience, of resting and refreshing, to guests’ through our staff and amenities. We are sorry that your stay was negatively affected due to slow drainage. Please accept our sincere apologies. We have had the system looked at and are working on improving it. Thanks once again for your feedback. Hope to welcome you back sometime in near future.

gloucestershire,
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Yotel. I love the convenience of the location and think that it is a clean hotel with friendly staff and affords great value for money. I was able to check in quickly and get my room key from the automated system in the lobby, that was quick and efficient. The room I got was small, as expected but functioned well and the shower was lovely. In the past I have stayed in a room where the mattress is contained in a pod you climb into from floor level and I preferred that to the one I got this time where I had to climb up a metal ladder to access the bed, this required more thinking and coordination when I was tired and the person I was sharing with was in the small floor space below trying to sort bags. The staff here are always super helpful. I would stay here again as my hotel of choice in Gatwick.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear dynamicbird,

Thank you for defining Yotel with your great description. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us convenient, clean and value for money. We have tried to make best use of the space in cabin to make it more appropriate and relaxing for our guests. Through clever design we are able to offer our guests everything they need to relax, revive and connect, we are pleased that you appreciate our flexible services and staff. You can always request a cabin with lower bed by calling us or sending us an email in advance. Thanks once again for your feedback. Hope to welcome you back soon.