“A great way to start your Holiday,”

YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 30 March 2009

I found yotel a great place to stop over night to catch that all important early morning flight
for your holiday,

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,597)

Reviewed 29 March 2009

Really great concept and location, right in the terminal. We had a standard room which is tiny for 2, next time I'd go for a deluxe. But for what we paid it was great and top marks to the friedly helpful staff!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Stayed overnight in a standard cabin before an early flight. I expected it to be compact, but the actual size came as a bit of a shock - it is SMALL!
The bed is very comfortable and the shower is great but don't expect any space in between.

Compared to something like a Travelodge the Yotel is not cheap - you are paying for the convenience of getting up 90 minutes before your flight is scheduled to depart.

On two subsequent trips through Gatwick I stayed at home, got up at 4am and drove down to the airport instead.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2009

We've stayed in yotel for 6 hours (that's good too - you pay for hours), as we've have an early flight the next morning.
The self-check in system was very convenient.
Our room was quite nice, though it stank a little bit of cloak.
Other minus might be that the bathroom curtain didn't really cover the whole glass wall, so your partner could see you tinkle ;)
Outside, in the hall, it was really, REALLY cold, so make sure your dry your hair well before leaving in the morning.
Great thing about the room was that you could check your mail on the tv screen, when navigating with wireless keyboard from the bed.
Please don't forget to take ear pluggs with you - it might get a bit noisy.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bonee
Reviewed 24 February 2009

We stayed overnight in a Premium cabin which we thought was great with a full size comfy double bed with nice white clean sheets and duvet, Great shower with plenty of hot water. Flat screen TV on the wall and plenty of storage space under the bed. Free wireless internet and must say we were very impressed with the cabin.

I would highly recomend the yotel premium room Gatwick to stay at for a night which is in a good postion just by arrivals, We asked to see a standard room which was a lot smaller and with only a 1 metre wide bed which for one person would be fine but not for two ( a bit cramped i think) When we need to stay at gatwick again this is where we will be staying.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beach_Boy_Malaga
Reviewed 2 February 2009

The Yotel is certainly not a traditional hotel, and it is only really suited for grabbing a few hours of sleep. It is a concept that evolved out of Japanese capsule hotels, and has been adapted to meet the needs of the Western world. In essence, Yotel offers cabins located inside the terminal building of airports, all with their own bathrooms. The best comparison that springs to mind is a first class overnight train compartment.

I stayed in a Premium cabin, which had a double bed, a decent size LCD, free internet, and a good clean bathroom. The double bed is in fact motorized and folds into a couch - when you open it up the "room" is literally the size of the bed, with maybe half a meter to spare on each side so that you can walk around it. This isn't really a problem though, as all you are likely to do while at Yotel is sleep. I was quite impressed by how comfortable the bed was - great pillows too, and I am a really fussy sleeper. The major down point for me came from the fact that the cabins have poor noise insulation and you can hear everything that goes on in the corridor or the cabin next to yours. Given that people tend to come and go at odd hours (arriving or leaving for flights), I found it hard to get an uninterrupted sleep.

In short, I will stay at the Yotel again since its convenience and comfortable bed still make it worthwhile, but I'll make sure to take some ear plugs with me!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Cooki
Reviewed 9 January 2009

I absolutely love Yotel and wish that most major international airports had these. I arrived very early 730am from Atlanta, GA and so my friend who was driving from Manchester, UK was able to leave at a reasonable time to pick me up at Gatwick, whilst I was snug in my bed at Yotel. I hate those overnight early arrival trips and there is no where to sleep of the jet lag. Now there is!

The bed is super comfortable, mine was a top bunk style and the purple lighting is super soothing. I did not use the shower, but the whole unit on the otherside was very nice. I wouldn' want to spend an entire day in this room, but for a night's sleep or a few hours between flights, it is absolutely a perfect solution.

It was very clean, and the sheets and duvet were super soft and crisp. I cannot recommend this enough.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo