I found out about Yotel's when on one of my camera jobs back in 2007. The founder Simon Woodroffe was speaking at a corporate event, and he was talking about the launch for his Yotal's. Ever since then I wanted to stay the night in one of the rooms.
In October 2008 my now husband booked us in at the Yotel in Gatwick the night we went on our honeymoon. To be honest they are very small (we had to keep our luggage in the shower overnight!) However it was extremely clean and the fact that you had free TV and internet was great. The beds were very comfortable, but were smaller then the average double, so two people in one if these are ok for one night. It is very confined, so if you don't like small place i may not be for you. There are no windows apart from the one in the door, that has a blind.
However the idea itself is awesome, the location, and the price!
As we had an early morning flight i was the perfect solution, going into the terminal and seeing the people that had to spend the night in the airport, when we had a great night sleep. My husband said he would go back again just to use the shower (of course he luggage was moved when this happened!).
All in all it was a good experience and would stay there again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOTELAIR is located inside Gatwick international arrivals South Terminal, moments away from check-in and the North Terminal. We offer personal space to sleep, work or refresh with free Wi-Fi and internet access. Cabins are available as Premium, with a double bed or Standard, with a large single. Enjoy! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yotel London Gatwick Airport Hotel Crawley
- Yotel London Gatwick Airport Crawley
- YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport Crawley, West Sussex