“One of the best business decisions ever.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
YOTEL London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
DEN HAAG
“One of the best business decisions ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2009

During an eight hour stay in London, I was at first hesitant to even visit the Yotel, since I thought it was below my regular standard of hotels. However, whilst following the easy directions in Gatwick's South Terminal, I met another businessman, who assured me the hotel was great for a short stay. On his recommendation, I checked in. The young man at reception was friendly, professional, and helpful, and I found the rates to be wonderful. The room exceeded my expectations, and I was treated to six hours of peace, rest, warm showers, and good televison. Far better than sitting in the airport watching the departures screen! A great interlude between flights, and I felt really refreshed after the stay. Good Job Yotel!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank VICTORIADenHaag

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Polish first
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2009

The rooms are definately small, wouldn't book a standard room for two people, but for one it was perfect. I got there early and was allowed to check in, which was really nice as I was so tired after an overnight flight. When I did want to go out, the trains are really close and it just made everything easy. There's a costa coffee, M&S, and boots right by the hotel so I could get anything I wanted. And the best part was the next day when I had to get up really early for my flight I didn't have to get up as early as if I was staying off the airport and the extra sleep was really nice.

There is a pretty big step up to get into bed, so if you have mobility problems, you might have a hard time, also the rooms are pretty narrow, so if you need space, you'd like a bigger room.

For me with the free wifi, comfy bed, tv... the most relaxing stopover ever.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank Vay_Cay_time
Owen Sound Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2009

The service at reception was OUTSTANDING !
It is small but not a surprise because that was expected. It provided what we needed, accommodation the night before our flight. Liked the shower and the soft lighting. We were not bothered by any noise. Did have difficulty using Internet in the room. Didn't use room service but it was nice that it was available. Received a survey via email a few days after returning home. The fact that they did not bother me with a survey immediately after returning home demonstrates good service on their part since there is always so much to do upon returning from a trip.
Would stay again and will be looking for their availability at other locations. One at Pearson International Airport in Toronto would be fantastic!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank azzfam
horsham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

I found out about Yotel's when on one of my camera jobs back in 2007. The founder Simon Woodroffe was speaking at a corporate event, and he was talking about the launch for his Yotal's. Ever since then I wanted to stay the night in one of the rooms.

In October 2008 my now husband booked us in at the Yotel in Gatwick the night we went on our honeymoon. To be honest they are very small (we had to keep our luggage in the shower overnight!) However it was extremely clean and the fact that you had free TV and internet was great. The beds were very comfortable, but were smaller then the average double, so two people in one if these are ok for one night. It is very confined, so if you don't like small place i may not be for you. There are no windows apart from the one in the door, that has a blind.
However the idea itself is awesome, the location, and the price!

As we had an early morning flight i was the perfect solution, going into the terminal and seeing the people that had to spend the night in the airport, when we had a great night sleep. My husband said he would go back again just to use the shower (of course he luggage was moved when this happened!).

All in all it was a good experience and would stay there again

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank knome33
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2009

Stayed here following an 11 hour long haul and waiting for a another 5 hour flight home.

All the mod cons you would come to expect from the YO! group. Compact, clean, value for money, very comfortable, all the mod cons, including TV, internet access, radio, music, etc.

Lovely shower, great bed - slept like a baby and woke up feeling refreshed.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BeckyWSheffield
brighton, sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2009

I found yotel a great place to stop over night to catch that all important early morning flight
for your holiday,

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2009

Really great concept and location, right in the terminal. We had a standard room which is tiny for 2, next time I'd go for a deluxe. But for what we paid it was great and top marks to the friedly helpful staff!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple