“Reasonable food slightly over priced”
Review of Turtle Bay

Turtle Bay
Ranked #12 of 271 Restaurants in Crawley
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Nice selection of cocktails & good variety for starters and mains. Desert selection was limited. Overall, food quality was acceptable & portion sizes were good enough. Flavours were good, with a nice spicy kick to many of the dishes. The deserts were quite small and over priced. All in all a nice evening in a different eating environment. Whether it's authentic Caribbean fayre I can't comment as I haven't been there!

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Noisy, cramped chain food. Very disappointing. Chilli squid starter like warm. Chicken curry, had better ready meal curries. Service clumsy but friendly. The Mrs had a vegetable curry. Very unappetising and soggy. We were offered a refund which we gladly accepted. Maybe we chose the wrong dishes? Would not venture back even for a free meal. Raise your game or you won't last.

1  Thank johnboy59
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We had a meal here prior the store opening thanks to an invite from a friend.
We were greeted nicely and quickly seated. Our waitress took our cocktail offer (2 for 1, cant complain!) which were quickly served. Throughout the night our drinks were never empty without someone offering us another drink, which was a nice touch.
The food menu is fantastic, with a huge range of different meals. I had a great pulled pork salad to start, the jerk pork steak for main was perfectly cooked and the cheesecake was lovely.
The only down side was we had to wait awhile for our food, however this was a practice night, so it was expected. As it happens I'm returning here tonight with my girlfriends family where I'm sure the service will improve, and i can't wait.
The staff were amazing, great suggestions on food & drink and so friendly.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Turtle Bay in Crawley opened about a week ago and I went there for lunch on 26 August.
It is a spacious yet quite cosy place with an island bar.

I chose a street burger and a small bottle of still water. The burger was beef with some pulled pork on top within a lightly toasted brioche bun served on a flat platter covered with brown paper. It looked good. Fries came in a squat metal beaker. That too looked good.

The burger was pretty spicey and there were bottles of Econia sauces on the table and an Aunt Mary's Bajan Pepper sauce to liven things up further.

I enjoyed my meal which was served by a very pleasant waitress. The background reggae music was not obtrusive. Oddly, there was no rice 'n peas on the menue which was slightly disappointing as it's such a common dish in the Caribbean. Anyway, this is a very good place to eat and I'll be going back with H in tow.

3  Thank MikePickett
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Went for lunch with relative and must say that the food was very tasty and the presentation was ok but the quantity was poor. Starter of jerk chicken wings at £4.95 for three of the smallest chicken wings I've ever seen is definitely poor value even though the taste was good. Main course of Trini Fish Curry @ £9.65 was tasty but the portion was very small - have had starters with much bigger portions than this entree. The Jerk Lamb @ £12.95 was the same - very tasty but two meatless four-rib racks with less than 4ounces of meat in total. The atmosphere is nice and casual and the service was excellent with waiter "Ally" serving us. I have to say that with only either main course alone it would not have been enough for me to be satisfied eventhough I would consider myself to have a moderate appetite and not a large one. I did have a look at what other people were eating on other tables and their Lunch n' Light snacks seem to offer more value quantity wise than the One Pots section. It's a pity that only because of the small portions that I would have to rate it at "Average" eventhough everything else was very good. Writing as an experienced food and beverage purchaser and cost controller for hotels internationally I can assure you that the portions you are giving is definitely not value for money. I hope this is taken as constructive criticism for your establishment to thrive in the future. Making a profit is one thing and short changing is another !!!