“Not enough staff so can't get a table ”
Review of The Grill

The Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 269 Restaurants in Crawley
Price range: US$10 - US$70
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel and chose here for our dinner and the options are limited. When we eventually managed to get one of the staff to speak to us we were told that they were fully booked! I can accept this as a reason when the restaurant is full but there was only about half of the amount of tables being used. Instead we were turned away to sue the atrium cafe with bland limited options. Wouldn't bother again

4  Thank noodle1490
There are newer reviews for The Grill

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Our third visit here as we eat here when staying over prior to flying out from Gatwick.

Food was pretty good as usual and service excellent. We met some friends here for dinner. Only issue really was one of our friends ordered the ribs and it arrived as a single rib! Most bizarre, never been anywhere where ribs consist of a single rib!, he was most put out. On the whole I think portion sizes were smaller than on previous occasions.

2  Thank MarkCornwall_UK
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Once again my family and I have gone here for their monthly carvery. The food is always fresh and delicious. Wide variety of meats available and they bend over backwards to cater for vegetarians (tho plenty of vegetable side dishes that are perfect to make a meal of) The starters, desserts and cheese board are lovely not to mention the fluffiest yet crispiest yorkshire puddings. But most of all Raji is the best waiter ever. He is great with our children, attentive to us and always so welcoming. We went to celebrate my sister-in-laws engagement but it is so reasonably priced that we never need an excuse to go. I honestly cannot recommend this place enough thats why we keep coming back. x

2  Thank Sophie W
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had a large family dinner just after Christmas. The food was of a generally high standard, though my medium-rare steak was a bit overcooked. The food was, above all, fresh. I liked the vegetables in particular. Average price, I would say, though the drinks were a bit pricey. Recommended as a classier place to eat out in Crawley without breaking the bank.

The service was generally good, though I had to ask twice for the bill. The room was large and tables well spaced out.

The menu was poorly written, undermining the image. It include cheese's, rather than cheese or cheeses, and Madeleine's followed by a comma. This gave a bad impression.

1  Thank GBeef
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We dined in at the Hotel restaurant for the convenience and were won over by its excellence. Truly delicious plates from entrée to dessert and we ranged across seafood, steak and innovative starters (scallop and pork combination - superb start and set a high standard that was maintained throughout).

Whilst the setting is unremarkable, although with good space and comfortable dining furniture, the ambience was made by the friendly, attentive yet non-invasive (a rare skill in restaurant staff) service by out two servers. Whilst I can recall Nuno by name his female partner in crime was equally well informed as to the menu offerings and between them they facilitated a great meal.

Apparently another Nuno resides in the kitchen. We did not manage to meet him, however we give him full accolades for it was the results of his team of chefs that surprised and delighted us.

For a business hotel the Arora possesses a truly pleasurable restaurant with the Grill.

Well done and thank you, money well spent.

2  Thank Mark M