“Always a good curry when on business in Crawley”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Ranked #64 of 262 Restaurants in Crawley
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Taj Mahal is Crawley's longest established Indian restaurant opening in 1969. We have developed a range of menus and style of food that gives everyone a wide choice of traditional Indian food to try. Fine Dining and perfect for business or pleasure. Making having a curry a little more special.
Little Rissington, United Kingdom
“Always a good curry when on business in Crawley”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I've stayed in Crawley on business trips on numerous occasions and I always visit the Taj. Great service, some great curries and a good waterfall.

• Finnish first
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Good choice of veggie dishes”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Called in with a business colleague whilst staying in Crawley for work. Just wanted a fairly standard curry house. I'm not sure whether this is a bog standard curry house trying to bat above it's weight, or a great curry house struggling a bit.
There are plenty of polite waiters, and you get met at the door and showed to your seat. Service was good (service charge is included in bill so be careful you don't tip twice). The decor is stylish but maybe in need of a bit of a refurb.
There was a great choice of veggie dishes which was great, but the chick pea curry I had, whilst having a good level of heat was a bit salty and could have done with a few extra ingredients. Bahjis were ok but nothing special. Above average pickle tray with the poppadums.
I did enjoy the evening but find it hard to rate higher than average although it could easily have achieved more. I will try it again on another trip to the office to see whether we just caught it on a slow night. Worth a visit anyway.

Horsham, United Kingdom
“AWFUL !!!!! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Me and my business colleagues visited this place on a night out in Crawley. It has to be one of the worst experiences I've had. The waiters were useless, services was SO slow and the manager was ignorant and arrogant.

We got our meals and they were tiny portions and I mean TINY! The rice was cold and sticky and the curry was bland and watery.

When we asked for it to be heated up the manager came over and tried to argue with us and then they had the cheek to want a 15% service charge!!! We asked for it to be removed and the manager really kicked off. What a complete tw*t! They need to sack the manager and the staff as they are complete ar**holes

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Reece J
London, United Kingdom
“Almost empty retaurant...but aparently no spare table”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

IT was a Tuesday night, there were a few diners in the restaurant. The waiter was about to show me to a seat when there was a discussion and I was told that they were fully booked and no table was available......some things are beyond belief

Crawley, United Kingdom
“No children”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Arrived at 6pm with my 2 daughters and my 17 month old granddaughter. We were told they do not allow children under 10, but they could do us a takeaway! No way, how insulting! Will never go there again. We left and went to chiquito where they are very child friendly and the food was great.