“Very average”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Very average”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I went to this restaurant a couple of weeks ago with some friends and to be honest I have nothing special to say about it. It was a Friday night, it wasn't very busy but yet the service was very slow. The food was ok, I had the Madras which I found a bit blant. The bill came to £30 each which I thought it was a bit more than average for a starter, a main and 2 drinks. The staff was friendly. Would I go back? Mmmm...maybe not, there are better indians in Crawley.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Katia V

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Pre-holiday meal”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were staying locally before flying off on our holiday and decided to eat here. The food was very good and we were very pleased with our meals. Service was excellent. A very enjoyable and good valued evening.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Vikki B
Sussex, United Kingdom
“Really disappointing”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This was a take-away order, but it was the poorest Indian I have bought in ages.

Only three items: the chicken tikka jalfreezi had plainly never seen a tandoor, and incredibly bland - one of those dishes that had had heat but no flavour.

The garlic naan was quite weakly flavoured. The special rice was satisfactory but average.

£15 for this? Not to be repeated.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Want_the_facts
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Outstanding as always”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

To celebrate our wedding anniversary my husband ordered a take away for us.

Beautiful chicken passanda, with large pieces of chicken and beautifully creamy sauce, easily enough for two meals for me. Really tasty sag aloo too.

The staff always remember us and our two (now three) children.

One of the friendliest takeaways.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Knittingnovice
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in Crawley”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I have eaten in most of the Indian restaurants in Crawley, but I keep coming back to the Crown Of India as its the best food available, I have never had a bad meal here and their Shaslicks are to die for. The service is always top notch and its not over priced ,I urge all to go there, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013