“Baby food”

Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cinnamon Indian Restaurant in Crawley West Sussex,is a beautiful tranquil restaurant with the aroma of spices to tantalise your taste buds.Try from our menu or visit us on a Tuesday for our Banquet Night where you try out different dishes. Sunday we have a Buffet so you could sample many of our dishes. Try Cinnamon for your special occasion dining and sample our Indian Cuisine.
“Baby food”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Very disappointed. Small portions and little flavour. Even with loads of salt. If you want a good Indian meal go to the Ram Club. Alternatively if you want something similar to the cinnamon go to tesco and heat it up in the microwave.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank mike l

Crawley, United Kingdom
“Great indian, good food & prices”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

One of my favourite Indians in Crawley. Good choice of dishes, friendly service and very reasonable prices. We often have a take away from here, unfortunately they don't deliver, but well worth the short journey to collect, as its the same standard of food. I would highly recommend this lovely, friendly restaurant :)

• Visited January 2014
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Service mixed but food seriously lacking taste”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I recently went to cinammon as part of a group of 15 for a friends birthday.

We were booked into the restaurant for 8pm but upon arrival we were told our table wasn't ready so we were left waiting standing around near the entrance for around 20 minutes. This was pretty annoying as the bar area holds less than 15 so we were constantly shifting around as people were coming in and out.

Not the greatest of starts, however, the table staff service was very good throughout so can't fault them there.

So, onto the important bit, the food.

Having lived in the far east previously and having spent a lot of time working and holidaying in the sub continent, I'd like to think I have a good taste for curry.

Unfortunately, three words spring to mind, bland, bland and er, bland! My main had near enough no spice to it (dhansak) and pretty much zero flavour at all.

For a dish thats supposed to have sweet, sour and some spice I can't say any of these three components were there.

Unfortunately, I can't say the starters, rice or Keema naan I had were much better either.

I really am scratching my head why this place is so busy and then it dawned on me, bland food for the palateless market. If bland food in a tasteless sauce is up your street (and you like paying top whack for it - yes, I thought this place was way too pricey for something really unspecial), you'll love this place.

If you want a good curry in the area, avoid this place, avoid Crawley high street and go to any of the following all of whose food is far, far superior

Bengal Spices
Zari
Jai Ho

Would I go back or recommend? Based on the food, definitely not, this isn't a real true curry restaurant

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank funandsome555
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to Cinnamon on Saturday for valentines day. On first appearances the restaurant looks nice and the staff are friendly. However the restaurant is really cramped with as many tables as possible squeezed in, so much so that the waiters could hardly pass our table to serve the customers behind us. I kept expecting food to be dropped on me. The food was bland and flavourless and really disappointing. There was no spice at all and even the naan wasn't very nice. Overall a really disappointing meal for £55!

Visited February 2014
“Valentine's Day 2014”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife & I are regulars at the Cinnamon, (although this was questioned by the owner) normally we have a great night! 7 days prior to 14.02.14 we had a meal, and checked that they were open as normal with nothing 'special' planned for Valentines Day. This was confirmed, so we booked a table. Arrived at 1900 for our meal, huge que of customers waiting for takeaways etc! We sat down and the restaurant was also very busy, meal/food was upto the normal high standard. Although a long wait between courses, at the end of the meal there was a 'service charge' added to our bill! No where was this displayed or were we told about it! Prior to the commencement of the meal, as required by law. This was obviously to cover the expenses of the Roses handed to each lady. Telephoned the following day to express our annoyance at the service charge, only to be met with an argumentative manager who wasn't prepared to listen to my view, but merely continued to talk over me!, annoyed and thoroughly disappointed. Will be seeking another Indian Restuarant from now on!! The waiting staff are polite and attentive, yes this maybe blowing a £5 service charge out of proportion, we are severely disappointed by the attitude of the owner, when we questioned this.

• Visited February 2014
hornta, Manager at Cinnamon Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Hi sorry you felt disappointed that we charged service charge on valentines night and called back the next day to speak about the service charge. How ever I do remember talking to you the next day and I remember it was a lady I talked to on the phone. When you asked me about the service charge we charged I said because it was a specail night and we didn't have any set meals where other restaurant charge extra on the night and it was are first time just for Valentin's night as it was on Friday. I did say that it was my mistake I didn't have a display sign in the restaurant which I should do in future if I charge service charge on the bill. But I did say that it did clear show in the bill we print out. I don't know way you said I was very argumental because I did ask you how can I solve this problem as I new you was upset about the charge. I offered you the money straight a way we charged on that night which was £4.06. And you did come and collect the money on that day afterwards. I was just trying to get my opinion to you and explain that night we did give out free rose out to the lady's on that night.your answer was back to me you hate rose you don't like them. Fare enough that's you chochi. Sorry I didn't recognize you as a regular customer as I'm not always in the restaurant. My colleague told me that you are and when ever you used to come my waiter use to give you bigger portion off main dish because you and your husband always ask for it. With out any extera charge as a good will to look after are customer.