“Another good meal.”

Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cinnamon Indian Restaurant in Crawley West Sussex,is a beautiful tranquil restaurant with the aroma of spices to tantalise your taste buds.Try from our menu or visit us on a Tuesday for our Banquet Night where you try out different dishes. Sunday we have a Buffet so you could sample many of our dishes. Try Cinnamon for your special occasion dining and sample our Indian Cuisine.
Crawley
“Another good meal.”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

30 of us went here for my 70th birthday on a Sunday for the lunch buffet. As usual the food was excellent, plenty of it and none of the dishes allowed to get too low. Tariq and his boys looked after us really well, nothing was too much effort, they even had a helium filled balloon on my table, a nice touch. All in all a very nice birthday lunch.

Visited February 2014

“Baby food”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Very disappointed. Small portions and little flavour. Even with loads of salt. If you want a good Indian meal go to the Ram Club. Alternatively if you want something similar to the cinnamon go to tesco and heat it up in the microwave.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank mike l
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Great indian, good food & prices”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

One of my favourite Indians in Crawley. Good choice of dishes, friendly service and very reasonable prices. We often have a take away from here, unfortunately they don't deliver, but well worth the short journey to collect, as its the same standard of food. I would highly recommend this lovely, friendly restaurant :)

• Visited January 2014
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Service mixed but food seriously lacking taste”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I recently went to cinammon as part of a group of 15 for a friends birthday.

We were booked into the restaurant for 8pm but upon arrival we were told our table wasn't ready so we were left waiting standing around near the entrance for around 20 minutes. This was pretty annoying as the bar area holds less than 15 so we were constantly shifting around as people were coming in and out.

Not the greatest of starts, however, the table staff service was very good throughout so can't fault them there.

So, onto the important bit, the food.

Having lived in the far east previously and having spent a lot of time working and holidaying in the sub continent, I'd like to think I have a good taste for curry.

Unfortunately, three words spring to mind, bland, bland and er, bland! My main had near enough no spice to it (dhansak) and pretty much zero flavour at all.

For a dish thats supposed to have sweet, sour and some spice I can't say any of these three components were there.

Unfortunately, I can't say the starters, rice or Keema naan I had were much better either.

I really am scratching my head why this place is so busy and then it dawned on me, bland food for the palateless market. If bland food in a tasteless sauce is up your street (and you like paying top whack for it - yes, I thought this place was way too pricey for something really unspecial), you'll love this place.

If you want a good curry in the area, avoid this place, avoid Crawley high street and go to any of the following all of whose food is far, far superior

Bengal Spices
Zari
Jai Ho

Would I go back or recommend? Based on the food, definitely not, this isn't a real true curry restaurant

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank funandsome555
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to Cinnamon on Saturday for valentines day. On first appearances the restaurant looks nice and the staff are friendly. However the restaurant is really cramped with as many tables as possible squeezed in, so much so that the waiters could hardly pass our table to serve the customers behind us. I kept expecting food to be dropped on me. The food was bland and flavourless and really disappointing. There was no spice at all and even the naan wasn't very nice. Overall a really disappointing meal for £55!

Visited February 2014