We stayed at this hotel for one night on 13th February 2011 and it was great!
We were flying from Gatwick the following morning for our honeymoon so this hotel was very convenient location wise.
We booked our room (a suite) months in advance and as part of the reservation included 2 weeks parking so we could leave the car at the hotel whilst we were away. We got an excellent rate, I think we paid £140 all in!! I think it was so cheap because we booked online as well.
Check in was easy but our suite was in a segregated section of the hotel and took ages to find and walk to. It was a bit of a pain pulling our suitcases.
However, the suite itself was amazing and they had scattered rose petals all over the bathroom and bed which was a nice touch.
The granite bathroom was impressive and completely spotless.
The bedroom was spotless and very comfortable with fresh robes and slippers and plenty of wardrobe space. It had a tv in the end of the bed which was funny.
The living room was lovely with another big tv and very comfortable sofa.
The mini bar was well stocked which was good.
We ordered an evening meal via room service which arrived quickly and was actually very good as far as room service goes. The food was not overly priced but we thought the wine was a little on the expensive side, even just for a bottle of the house wine, it was nothing fancy.
All in all a very comfortable stay and we will definitely use again when flying from Gatwick.
With regard to parking, if you leave your car there whilst you are away, DO NOT PARK NEAR THE TREES / BUSHES!!!
When we returned from our honeymoon our car was absolutely covered in bird droppings. It was such a horrible sight to come back to and took a trip to the car wash to get rid of. It was terrible. We were half tempted to go back into the hotel to complain but what can they do about birds I suppose. If we ever leave the car there again we will make sure we stay clear of the trees / bushy area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A striking, wing-shaped canopy soars above the entrance to the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport hotel. You'll receive a warm welcome from our friendly Front Desk staff, who can direct you to your calming room or Suite. Revitalise and work out in the fully equipped gym, which is complimentary to residential guests. Dark wood and ochre create a stylish setting for business dinners in Cube restaurant, which serves modern English cuisine. Dine with up to 280 guests in one of our 11 vibrant meeting rooms or host board meetings in the chic executive boardroom. Upgrade to access the Club Lounge, where complimentary breakfast & drinks are served as well as canapes in the evening. A pre-bookable airport (taxi) transfer is available for £10.00, Based on 1-3 people in a car. Gatwick Express trains take 30 minutes to London Victoria station from London Gatwick Airport, while Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport is 5 minutes' walk from Manor Royal Business Park. Experience British summertime at the exotic Royal Pavilion and beach-side oyster bars of sunny Brighton, 30 minutes' drive away. You'll find wireless Internet throughout Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, where your stay is worth celebrating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Hotel Crawley
- Crowne Plaza Crawley
- Crawley Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport Crawley, West Sussex