“Wonderful place - staff very friendly”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Philadelphia
“Wonderful place - staff very friendly”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stay here often for business given that I fly in to work at our Crawley office which is @ 1/2 mile away and very walkable. I love that the hotel has a full service gym and a pool that offers water aerobics class. I often stop at the Sainsbury's across the street to pick up fruits/veggies/salads for my lunch the next day which is very convenient.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Phillybeachlover
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you so much for your comments about your stays at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoy staying with us and the hotel and the facilities fit your needs.
It is always nice to welcome back regular guests and I hope that our staff help to make your stay warm and welcoming .

It is also nice to read that you take advantage of the classes on offer at our Elite Health Club .
I do hope that you continue to enjoy your stays with us and we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Stevenage
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This was a one night stop to catch a flight from Gatwick with parking included at APH.
I could not be more impressed for the money. The bed was very comfortable and the bed linen was so comfortable I am going to phone and ask where they get it from!
Check in and out was a breeze. It had a pool (not that we used it) and a bar and a restaurant.
Food was not exactly cheap but did a job for us. Will defintely put this on the list next time we go to Gatwick.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ecuyetx
Thank you for posting your comments about the Crowne Plaza onto TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you found the Parking Package met your requirements, and offered value for money,

It is important to have a good nights sleep before you set off on holiday and I am pleased that you found your room comfortable.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Good hotel room impeccably clean, used this hotel three times now. Staff excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sanfairyann
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 26 February 2012
Thank you for your comments. We were delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again when you are next in the area.
Inverness, Scotland
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Had booked directly with hotel for 1 night & with breakfast. Didn't have to wait to check-in at reception. Had ordered dinner at the bar, but didn't get everything I ordered. When I queried this with the bar staff, I was told person who took order didn't put it to the kitchen.
Only downside for me was, even though I had paid for breakfast, it didn't start until 6am. And I was already left the hotel by that time to get a flight. Would be good if the hotel would start breakfast at 5am or even offer guests a breakfast to take away if leaving earlier.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MissHighlander
Wales
Reviewed 20 February 2012

It is sad that a nice hotel with some great staff in housekeeping, concierge and restaurant was spoilt by the poor reception and reservation personnel.

I was delayed by two hours from getting to a meeting because my account had been badly mis-handled. I am still in disput with the final amount but pais to get away!

Traveller beware of upgrading, carparking and hidden extras

Room Tip: Negotiate in advance and see room before agreeing rates. Food very expensive for what you got, if y...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Thank you for your comments following your stay with us. I was pleased to receive your feedback regarding our staff and hotel; however I was sorry to hear you were delayed to your meeting due to an error with your reservation. I do remember correcting the problem with you and I understand the reason you were delayed by two hours was due to miscommunication as your wife had asked us to fix the problem ourselves as you were already leaving and to call her when it was done. Apologies for the miscommunication and I do hope this issue will not deter you from staying with us again. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
england
Reviewed 19 February 2012

i booked this hotel through booking.com and was a good price, altho, the double room we were in we found was quite small compared to other double rooms we have stayed in. The room was very clean. The only downside to this hotel was i had the worst nights sleep ever, we was in room 117 and think we were right next to the water tank as every time someone in another room around us used there toilet and flushed, the tank would then fill up again, it was quite scary waking up to this. The walls of the hotel are so thin that we even heard the next door wake up call !! And then to top it off the room service lady was cleaning the rooms around us from 8ish, banging away and hoovering, only to then come in our room whilst we were still in bed at 9.40am to clean the room !! also, you have to pay £10 if you want wireless for 24 hours,

Room Tip: dont stay on floor 1 in room 117, you wont sleep
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.
I am so sorry that you had a disturbed nights sleep during your recent stay.

We do appreciate how important a good nights sleep is to our guests and I am confident that if you had called down to reception we would have found a solution for you.
Our reception desk is open 24 hours a day there are always staff on duty ready to assist our guests.

I do hope that despite the issue you had this will not deter you from staying with us in the future .
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Pros: friendly staff, nice decor in rooms, very good shower and nice food in the restaurant.

Cons: 30mins bus journey from airport, only one out three lifts were working when I was there and it was the smallest which was difficult when everyone had luggage. Expensive food in restaurant.

Next time I'd use the Premier Inn as it's closer and just as nice.

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at The Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am disappointed to read that your experience was not a positive one.Transfer to the Airport is about 25 minutes and unfortunately the Bus company operates on behalf of several hotels so the journey is longer than by other means of transport.
The Bus company is reliable and runs a regular service at a reasonable cost..

I am sorry that you will not be staying with us in the future as we do have some very good offers which represents excellent value to our guests using Gatwick Airport.