“excellent gatwick stopover”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 15 March 2012

stayed overnight as part of a off airport stay/park package, overnight and 15 nights parking at APH for less than a hundred pounds.
Hotel was great, a very good standard, we took the breakfast upgrade which gave us 2 good quality breakfasts for 19 pounds, it might sound alot but just think what 9.50 buys at the airport. a cardboard sandwich, a muffin and a coffee out of a paper cup.
we even had an early morning swim, excellent value and would use again without doubt.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and had a pleasant stay in one of our Club Rooms.

You can take advantage of an Advance purchase booking ,but there are also good deals to be had last minute if you do leave your booking a little late especially at the weekend,.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport

Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza on a parking package (using an off-airport car park) before catching a flight the next day. Check in was fast and efficient as Priority Club details were already in the reservation and the receptionist confirmed unprompted our request for a room on a high floor.

The hotel is clearly dated but appears to have been refurbished recently. Our room on the top floor was nicely decorated in gold/brown with a great bathroom and I particularly liked the Scottish toiletry products. The room was quiet and provided a good view towards Gatwick.

We didn’t eat in the hotel as we decided to walk to Crawley Leisure Park. It is only about 10 mins away and there is a fair selection of chain restaurants.

Check out was again very fast, efficient and friendly and I would be happy to stay here again before catching a flight from Gatwick. It certainly made a nice start to our holiday.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelGav
Reviewed 11 March 2012

What a rip off this hotel is! As Priority Club members we try to stay loyal to the group whenever can, but on this occasion it was a big mistake! Rip offs at every turn, £10 for parking (despite not arriving until about 5pm & leaving again at 9am, £10 for the Internet, and a whopping £16 + for breakfast. We have subsequently stayed in another hotel in the ICH group in
Las Vegas where there was complimentary breakfast free parking & Internet access.

Room Tip: Poky room overcrowded room on second floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The car parking charges are in line with other hotels in the area and the tariff is posted at the barrier, in order that guests can have the choice as to park onsite or park in an alternative place.

I am sorry that this visit we were unable to meet your expectations

Reviewed 10 March 2012

This hotel had a really great rating, so I thought it would be an excellent place to go for a weekend away. Maybe I just had bad luck. There were some good things - the room was clean, the staff in the restaurant are friendly and I was able to get an early check-in. The not so good - the toilet in my room did not flush, the wi-fi (that I paid for) did not work, I was told to seat myself in the restaurant (but then told that I definitely couldn't sit in two places, because those were for breakfast). Unfortunately, on all accounts, staff were incredibly unhelpful. I had to wait at the front of the line at the front desk, while the three staff members that were there talked to each other, and then I had to approach someone in the restaurant to ask if I was supposed to seat myself. There is nowhere else to go unless you can drive, or want to take public transport, so there weren't any alternatives to food.
I'm not usually a whiner about hotels rooms, and I don't usually have super high standards. This was just overall really frustrating. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay here if you have a car, or you don't to go anywhere other than the hotel pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Kootenaychick,

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 10 March 2012

This is a really well maintained hotel and the rooms are well appointed. TV reception could have been better. All the staff we met were really helpful and attentive. Never used the pool area as the jacuzzi wasn't working, but it looked like an atractive area. Ate in the bar for dinner. The food was a little pricey, but the quality was excellent. The shuttle bus to the airport takes some time as you are last in the drop offs, its about 25 minutes and costs £3.20 pp per way. Got this hotel at a bargain rate as an undercover hotel, have stayed twice so far and would go back again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cas S
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stopped here the night before we left on honeymoon and really loved it. We had a complimentary upgrade but would happily have paid for it. The room was the height of luxury - huge bed with rose petals, massive tv plus another tv at the end of the bath and speakers in the shower. The club room was fab - 2 hours of free wine and beer before we headed to the restaurant which had really lovely food and great service.
I could have stayed here for longer but Florida beckoned!

Room Tip: Upgrades are well worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lawyer13

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments onto TripAdvisor.

Congratulations on your recent marriage. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and in some small way we could make your stay a little more special.

I am sure nothing could top your Honeymoon destination but I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future and take advantage of all the facilities we have on offer.

Once again congratulations, may we wish you all the best for your future happiness together.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

We used this hotel the night before travelling to Florida. It is a lovely little hotel. We upgraded to Club lounge. We dropped our bags and started our family holiday down in the lounge, there were various soft drinks and alcohol and food on offer, it was a large room and very nicely decorated. The beds were very very comfortable. We stayed in a two bed suite which was lovely decorated with a TV in the bathtub!
Would definatly reccomend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay over before flying!
Thankyou to everyone at the Crowne Plaza

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Nati18
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay prior to your Florida Holiday, and you were able to take advantage of the extra facilities offered when booking one of our Club Rooms.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.